• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt 1.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
To the team, he was clearly fixed when they increased the size of his hitboxes. It's kind of bs, but I worry we'll never seen changes again because of it.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I doubt this will be the final patch, when Mewtwo came out he was pretty buggy. I anticipate something similar will happen here again and maybe then we'll get some much needed tweaking. It doesn't seem very likely, but I'm hoping.

Poor dog.

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
There's also 2 more characters coming (in Feburary right? I have a bad memory xD) so there's still a chance to get a buff ^_^

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
yeah, i highly doubt this is the last patch since the new characters are coming in February and the possibility of bugs

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Such a shame. This character is too cool and interesting to just not be used at all because hes so bad. Too bad its probably online scrubs complaining about getting rekt by good can play who are holding the character back from getting buffs. I can imagine DHD is the last character people want anywhere near top tier. Better to just keep him in the bottom 5 instead. Yeah thats fair.

Last edited:

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
Such a shame. This character is too cool and interesting to just not be used at all because hes so bad. Too bad its probably online scrubs complaining about getting rekt by good can play who are holding the character back from getting buffs. I can imagine DHD is the last character people want anywhere near top tier. Better to just keep him in the bottom 5 instead. Yeah thats fair.
He really isn't so bad or bottom 5(lol). He's still an underdeveloped character that needs more work and optimization and the fact you said he's bottom 5(not sure if you're sarcastic or not tbh) shows your lack of knowledge about the character. I suggest you watch some vod's of Brood and Yusan who've been pushing DH at a top level to see DH in a better light

Last edited:

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Hes pretty down there man. Whos worse? Zelda, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Samus and Palutena are the only ones who come to mind when I think of characters who are truly worse off than DHD.

I do agree he has potential to grow because I think can is such a unique tool. The patterns you can come up with to trap people do feel endless in a way. With can though it feels like you just have to be three steps ahead of your opponents at all times. Like you can't make one mistake with DHD vs a big part of the cast. That would be fine if you were properly rewarded for your reads but hes not and his biggest issue is killing. Its not fair that you can be at about 70-90% and the opponent can be at 150%+ but its still an even matchup because you just can't kill all the while you're still in danger of being killed at any second (that is partly a general problem with the stupid rage system though I guess). Also there are some matchups where can play is almost irrelevant.

Ive seen the Japanese DHD players. They're freaking awesome. Lot of good ideas coming from them. I still see the fundamental flaws of the character shine through though. The Japanese have always been crazy good with Oddball/low tier characters in every fighting game, so its to be expected. Don't think its enough to change my opinions on him though.

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Yup thats what I feel like he needs the most. Kill throw would be perfect. Less cooldown on gunmen, whether they have been hit or not, would also be good. And fixed smash attacks of course. Still don't think buffs to any of those things would put DHD above high mid though.

The only reason they could have for not buffing DHD is because heavy projectile zoners and long range fighters are one of the most hated playstyles by newcomers and spectators. So they want to completely stop his chances of him being anywhere near good. Either that or maybe the Smash balancing team just doesn't really balance things based on competitive play and tournament results/high level match videos.

Oh yeah and don't get me started on rage. As someone who likes projectile zoner characters, that mechanic is made just to beat that style. Slowly whittling away at peoples percent from long range just makes them stronger and it gets to the point where I can be at 70% and they can be at 150% but the match is still even. Makes no sense.

Xx_Duckhunt_xX

Smash Rookie
NNID
TMashy
In my opinion, duck hunt is pretty low tier, he's still my main. You just need to know how to use him, he's a actually a fun characters to play as, and can be pretty good at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom