• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dublin, Ireland Smash Bros Scene?

¿shwa?

Smash Rookie
I'm in utter need of some sort of Smash and I'm in Dublin. If someone could point me in the direction of someone who arranges anything, I'd be eternally grateful. Cheers!

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
this is an old post and ill join even though im in northern ireland

D

Deleted member

Anybody from both sides of the border would be welcome, if there was a community. I really think we need to sort this out ASAP.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Anybody from both sides of the border would be welcome, if there was a community. I really think we need to sort this out ASAP.
i have one in my school (though most are casuals except for me and a few others) theres like 10-15 of us in that and i know of people in Belfast where theres another 10-15 there if that helps out at all

D

Deleted member

i have one in my school (though most are casuals except for me and a few others) theres like 10-15 of us in that and i know of people in Belfast where theres another 10-15 there if that helps out at all
Well, thats a good amount of people. Do you know of any people down south?
(P.S.: if you know people who play Smash 64, thats a bonus. Its my game of choice).

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Well, thats a good amount of people. Do you know of any people down south?
(P.S.: if you know people who play Smash 64, thats a bonus. Its my game of choice).
I'm afraid I know nobody down south who even touched Smash Bros.

and smash 64? Finally someone else who doesn't have Melee as their game of choice.

Also if you're wondering for all of us up north its all Project M, Majority Brawl and around half Melee

D

Deleted member

I play smash 64 via VC in wii mode on the WiiU, which isnt bad for competitive play. It also means that the game can be played with better controllers than the N64 one.

All of my friends dont really play Smash that much, and apart from that, I know nobody else who plays Smash. It pretty much means that I dont know how good I am (if I'm good to any degree).

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
I play smash 64 via VC in wii mode on the WiiU, which isnt bad for competitive play. It also means that the game can be played with better controllers than the N64 one.

All of my friends dont really play Smash that much, and apart from that, I know nobody else who plays Smash. It pretty much means that I dont know how good I am (if I'm good to any degree).
Yeah i know what you mean i didnt know any smash players until this year actually and even then its still a small group

D

Deleted member

Some conventions in Ireland (like Vaticon) have Melee tournaments, but I've never been to any of them. There definitely is space for a dedicated Smash tournament.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Some conventions in Ireland (like Vaticon) have Melee tournaments, but I've never been to any of them. There definitely is space for a dedicated Smash tournament.
hmm since theres space for Smash Bros in general theres a possibility that if we got people to go we could try and see if we could set up a PM Tournament or Brawl as i have wiis which which run Brawl or PM we could use for that if we could

Yeniths

East Midlands!
big big tournament planned near Birmingham UK this summer. If you have interested, do your best to make it, it will be the biggest UK tournament since SNY. Thread should be up on here within a few weeks.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
big big tournament planned near Birmingham UK this summer. If you have interested, do your best to make it, it will be the biggest UK tournament since SNY. Thread should be up on here within a few weeks.
I'd love to go but traveling and accommodation would be the major problem or me and the fact I'm still getting to grips with Project M so I wouldn't be the greatest when playing.

But if you could PM the details to me about where and when it is I could try and organise going to it

Last edited:

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Thank you is it going to be a melee only tournament or will there be other games such as PM?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
It will feature Melee and PM for sure. Brawl is likely to be there too.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Great! do you know what the thread will be called or when its up as I would love to research into this and plan going to it

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Pretty sure it will be called Heir to the throne. I'll have a ask as to when the thread will be up. Also you should join SmashUK facebook group if you haven't already.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Pretty sure it will be called Heir to the throne. I'll have a ask as to when the thread will be up. Also you should join SmashUK facebook group if you haven't already.
Im already in that group :3

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
Interested in that tournament too! From NI but currently in China until June... Where abouts in NI are you from RyanEvi?

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Limavady, in Co. Derry. Bit further North than you haha.
yeah it is a fair bit away, but theres a smash-ish event in belfast every now and again that i've started going to its called Dragonslayers, its a 24 hour event. If you're interested you should maybe think about going as it is honestly a lot of fun

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
yeah it is a fair bit away, but theres a smash-ish event in belfast every now and again that i've started going to its called Dragonslayers, its a 24 hour event. If you're interested you should maybe think about going as it is honestly a lot of fun
Yeah I know of it - I go to Q-Con every year and there is always Smash (I even won the Brawl tournament a few years back, but can't play Melee too well haha). I'm in China at the minute though so maybe when I get back I could come along - have a few friends who have been going.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Yeah I know of it - I go to Q-Con every year and there is always Smash (I even won the Brawl tournament a few years back, but can't play Melee too well haha). I'm in China at the minute though so maybe when I get back I could come along - have a few friends who have been going.

wow you actually won brawl? nice! I'll be going to Q-Con this year, I'll probably bring Project M to it as I honestly love that game. I can't play melee either, I just don't find it fun enough to learn or think its that good in my honest opinion

Pauer

The Pauerful
Hey there, this is on kinda short notice but I'm staying here in North Ireland, Derry for a couple of days, I arrived today. I'm here from a schooltrip so I would only have time for a couple hours in the evening. Been playing melee competetively for a few months now so it would be cool meet up with someone in case they have time and are in the area. Would be cool if I could get some smash experience here as well.

D

Deleted member

I probably couldn't help you if you are only around for a few days, but if you return at any stage I would be glad to play with you.

D

Deleted member

I have been pondering setting up an Irish Smash community for a few days now. I have designs for a logo and I've been thinking about organising a smash tournament. Anybody willing to set this up with me?

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
I have been pondering setting up an Irish Smash community for a few days now. I have designs for a logo and I've been thinking about organising a smash tournament. Anybody willing to set this up with me?
I will, and I know others who would help too. If you have a skype account please send me a PM with your name and ill add you so we can sort out a smash tournie

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I am very willing, I'd be very glad to get a community up and running. I have (slight) experience in co-organising tournaments and organising club nights.

I will, and I know others who would help too. If you have a skype account please send me a PM with your name and ill add you so we can sort out a smash tournie
Mind if I PM you with my Skype details?

Vorr1k

Smash Rookie
also if ppl are still around, theres some smash going on in the xgc each wednesday if ppl are interested, gimme a shout.

Vorr1k

Smash Rookie
****, sorry I dont frequent this board often enough, what I do go on often is as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1397757767105208/ - Smash bros Dublin/Ireland facebook group

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1204 - This forum, they have weekly casuals that don't necessarily include smash bros but if there is a demand ( aka more than two people willing to go) we can do it.

Myself and one other person go there now and then, if we drum up more interest we can get more people to go which is cool, its typically 5 euro for the few hours playing which is cool.

My name is "trole" on the boards.ie and conor hynes on the facebook page.

Also I frequent on netplay for PM if you have that set up, trying to get more irish smashers doing this.

Last edited:

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
This is great! I live in Ireland myself, so many thanks to you guys for helping me find the roots of a Dublin Smash group.

Top Bottom