• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DtJ Presnts: Facebook Official | August 9th | Indianapolis, Indiana

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Would like to thank everyone for making it out here! I personally really enjoyed myself, it was great seeing everyone that I'm not able to as much anymore.

Wanted to go ahead and get the results thread posted. It will probably be a couple days before I'm able to upload the results for ranking, but I plan to as soon as my schedule allows it.

I'd like to go ahead and give an early shout out to my fellow DtJ members and everyone who helped keep the tournament afloat. Love you guys.

I'd also like to apologize for how long the tournament ended up taking. We ended up planning too many events for the time-frame that we had. We have some ideas for the next event to keep that from happening in the future. But we're going to talk a little more about it before anything's official.

Also! Speaking of the next event, there's definitely not going to be as large as a gap between Facebook Official and our next event, as there was between it and First Date.

Anyways, on to the results!

Melee Singles

1: Kels
2: DP
3: Boss
4: Viperboy
5: Drephen
5: Mr.Funk
7: Fizzle
7: Jiano
9: Orly
9: Lemon
9: Rik
9: OvaltineHot
13: Ten
13: Goodin
13: Gracen
13: Amida
17: Broverdose
17: Magic-man
17: Mudkyp
17: Luigigoeshard
17: Kyari
17: Team Nick
17: Dirac
17: Dr.X
25: Riznr
25: Thexy
25: KassandraNova
25: Cactus
25: Khale
25: Hunt22
25: DTJ_NEW MELONS
25: Snex
33: Village Mascot
33: KellyK
33: Slag
33: Photonic
33: Wink
33: Whipt
33: Animal
33: Nigamon
33: Banana Steve
33: Ryan#2
33: Banana hammock
33: ToastBread
33: JmanJ
33: Freeweege
33: FrenzieFool
33: DTJ_Hadesblade

--------- Pools Cutoff --------

49: Ttar
49: Scarf
49: I-C
49: D-Minor
49: Chef
49: K-tel
49: Kain
49: Unsilenced
49: Bench
49: ShadowPhoenix
49: YamHam
49: Tarchwood
49: Saint
49: Fumbles
49: Frolickk
49: Wiisnake
65: Phriggid
65: Vibes
65: Hogan
65: 3Pro
65: Faith
65: Otaku
65: Eulr
65: Capt.Jackson
65: Aurien
65: DividedCell
65: Drummaniac28
65: Soysauce

Melee Doubles

1: Boss + DP
2: Dinosaur Laser Fight (With Sharks) (Orly + Kels)
3: Drephen +Jiano
4: ToastBread+Fizzle
5: Needeless to Say (Kelly K + Amida)
5: Coolguy +Mr.funk (Voorhees + Gracen)
7: Lemon + Viperboy (Lemon + Viperboy)
7: Magic Man + Goodin
9: Where The White Women At??? (Thexy + Ryan #2)
9: Yung Titz ft. The Cactus (Wink + Cantus)
9: Team Nick (Team Nick + Dr. X)
9: Luigigoeshard+Broverdose
13: Superstar Saga (Tarchwood + BananaSteve)
13: VillageMascot + Sneaky Taco
13: Ovaltine Hot + Banana Hammock
13: Soysauce +DTJ_HADESBLADE
17: Kumquat (Bench + Scarf)
17: IcePro (I-C + 3Pro)

Brawl Singles

1: Korn
2: Boss
3: Amida
4: SP
5: Kero
5: DtJ Hades Blade
7: KassandraNova
7: Yoshibro
9: UnSilenced
9: Alfalfa the Roach
9: Fishin' Penguin
9: E
13: DtJ BSL

Project M Singles

1: Boss
2: Kels
3: DP
4: Orly
5: Fizzle
5: Sneakytako
7: Fumbles
7: Kyari
9: Dr. X
9: Drephen
9: Lemon
9: Viperboy
13: WiiSnake
13: Village Mascot
13: DtJ S2
13: SofaKing
17: Broverdose
17: Hoboz
17: FrenzieFool
17: ASL | Ryker
17: Rookie
17: Thexy | POTM
17: Riznr
17: Drummaniac28
25: Kelly K
25: Team Nick
25: Santa
25: DtJ Hades Blade
25: Silver
25: Sheed
25: Khale
25: Bench

-------- Pools Cutoff --------

33: Fishin' Penguin
33: E
33: DtJ | ASL | BSL
33: SP
33: Saint
33: Coddle
33: Otaku
33: SOF4 K1NG
41: WItty
41: Kernez
41: Chewy
41: Alfalfa the Roach
41: Aurien
41: Hoodie
41: YamHam
41: DividedCell
49: W( )rm
49: David
49: Scarf
49: Steven
49: Frolickk
49: H0GAN
49: Slate
49: Captain Jackson

Project M Doubles

1: Village Mascot + Drephen
2: Boss + DP (Boss + H8MD)
3: Sneaky Tako + Rizner
4: Orly + Kels
5: Fumbles + Team Nick
5: DtJ S2 + ASL Ryker
7: WiiSnake + Dr. X
7: Rookie + SofaKing
9: KellyK + Amida
9: Hoboz + Kain
9: Lost Souls (K-tel + Otaku)
9: Silver + POTM
13: Santa + Fishin Penguin
13: Wink + Cantus
13: Sheed + W( )rm
13: Lemon + Viperboy
17: Ryan #2 + Broverdose
17: Witty + Slate
17: Coddel + Kernel

Here are the links to the Smashboards Rankings!

Melee Doubles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/dtj-presents-facebook-official-melee-doubles.1851/event

Melee Singles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/dtj-presents-facebook-official-melee-singles.1852/event

Brawl Singles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/dtj-presents-facebook-official-brawl-singles.1854/event

Project M Doubles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/dtj-presents-facebook-official-project-m-doubles.1855/event

Project M Singles
http://smashboards.com/rankings/dtj-presents-facebook-official.1856/event

Last edited:

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Shoutouts to crash and spin for the best commentary ever
and to nekoears because those eaRS WERE SO CUTE

Was so great seeing so many familiar faces again :3

SoulPech

Smash Master
when you say "rankings" are you talking about the bracket image or something else? I'd like to know the bracket image for PM.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
yay time for shoutouts

So this was my first out-of-state tournament, and the first time I've driven to one, and I must say I loved the experience. I remember the DtJ crew from when I used to go to Brawl tourneys, and other than a certain mishap with the P:M bracket, you guys did a really good job. Might have not been enough setups, but that's not something you can control fully.

Shoutouts:
Nigamon/Shiro and Fumbles: You were both great passengers - I couldn't have asked for better driving buddies. You seriously really helped the whole day go way smoother. And congrats to Fumbles getting 7th in PM and Shiro for tying Toastbread. See you guys later this week : )

POTM: Your actual tag is. . Ursing? Idk, someone needs to correct me on this. Anyhow thanks for GETTING US DQe- naw I'm not that mad. But you can't be sitting down to eat at China Buffet when we have matches to do. Regardless you were a terrific partner and we did a lot considering we had to get all our practice in there. I'd definitely team with you again at future tournaments. But Zelda/MK is still better than Zelda/Lucario :<

Dr. X: This tourney needed more NIdhogg (even tho I'm terrible at it).

Tako: stop being terrible : | . But in all honesty congrats on doing well in P:M. We gotta play more this week.

Village Mascot: You need to teach me the Link MU someday - I still can't even touch you. Congrats on taking PM Teams too. Homerun contest too hype, also.

Riznr: We didn't get to talk much, but congrats on doing well in PM Teams (with the same chars POTM and I were running to boot). Also I want to try taking you on in Zelda mirrors again : p

Team Nick: Nice playing in Melee - keep repping the Puff.

Kels: You're just as tough as advertised - I got stomped but I learned a lot from our set. Congrats on taking both Melee events.

Rookie: I feel really dumb for forgetting you play Snake. Picking Fox to Dreamland usually works, unless they have a Snake to counter you with 250 percent kill range. Regardless nice play in both PM singles and teams.

Sofaking: Fireballs :<

Hoboz: I really enjoyed my sets against you even though I lost in pools, I learned a whole lot about the Ike MU from you. Hopefully we play again sometime. And I feel your pain against Mewtwos

Lemon: MEWTWO :<. But in all honesty you're a really good player, and I wish there was a Mewtwo player that good around here for me to practice against.

Saint: You've got some really good stuff with Sonic - my matches with you were the closest of the night and I feel lucky to have won.

Aurien and Frolickk: Good matches from both of you. Zelda can definitely do well against spacies, and playing PM in general is based around knowing MUs. Definitely go to more tournaments and get some experience - this tourney helped me tremendously.

That guy whose name I don't remember that used Wiimote and mains Bowser: Bowser 2gud.

Kain: Did you get out of pools in PM? I saw you had a tough pool but I don't see you on the results. But your Zero Suit is really great and I wish mine was anywhere near as good. You'd have probably beaten me in bracket too.

KassandraNova: We didn't get to talk much but nice playing in Melee and Brawl. Someday though, you must be shown the light that is PM : D

Fizzle: We didn't get to talk but you seem like a really cool guy. See you at CSR maybe?

Anyone else I forgot: Thanks for coming out and/or winning everything.

My Inability to read maps: Thanks for making me walk so freaking far for food : |

CyrusShadowBlade

Smash Cadet
yay time for shoutouts

So this was my first out-of-state tournament, and the first time I've driven to one, and I must say I loved the experience. I remember the DtJ crew from when I used to go to Brawl tourneys, and other than a certain mishap with the P:M bracket, you guys did a really good job. Might have not been enough setups, but that's not something you can control fully.

Shoutouts:
Nigamon/Shiro and Fumbles: You were both great passengers - I couldn't have asked for better driving buddies. You seriously really helped the whole day go way smoother. And congrats to Fumbles getting 7th in PM and Shiro for tying Toastbread. See you guys later this week : )

POTM: Your actual tag is. . Ursing? Idk, someone needs to correct me on this. Anyhow thanks for GETTING US DQe- naw I'm not that mad. But you can't be sitting down to eat at China Buffet when we have matches to do. Regardless you were a terrific partner and we did a lot considering we had to get all our practice in there. I'd definitely team with you again at future tournaments. But Zelda/MK is still better than Zelda/Lucario :<

Dr. X: This tourney needed more NIdhogg (even tho I'm terrible at it).

Tako: stop being terrible : | . But in all honesty congrats on doing well in P:M. We gotta play more this week.

Village Mascot: You need to teach me the Link MU someday - I still can't even touch you. Congrats on taking PM Teams too. Homerun contest too hype, also.

Riznr: We didn't get to talk much, but congrats on doing well in PM Teams (with the same chars POTM and I were running to boot). Also I want to try taking you on in Zelda mirrors again : p

Team Nick: Nice playing in Melee - keep repping the Puff.

Kels: You're just as tough as advertised - I got stomped but I learned a lot from our set. Congrats on taking both Melee events.

Rookie: I feel really dumb for forgetting you play Snake. Picking Fox to Dreamland usually works, unless they have a Snake to counter you with 250 percent kill range. Regardless nice play in both PM singles and teams.

Sofaking: Fireballs :<

Hoboz: I really enjoyed my sets against you even though I lost in pools, I learned a whole lot about the Ike MU from you. Hopefully we play again sometime. And I feel your pain against Mewtwos

Lemon: MEWTWO :<. But in all honesty you're a really good player, and I wish there was a Mewtwo player that good around here for me to practice against.

Saint: You've got some really good stuff with Sonic - my matches with you were the closest of the night and I feel lucky to have won.

Aurien and Frolickk: Good matches from both of you. Zelda can definitely do well against spacies, and playing PM in general is based around knowing MUs. Definitely go to more tournaments and get some experience - this tourney helped me tremendously.

That guy whose name I don't remember that used Wiimote and mains Bowser: Bowser 2gud.

Kain: Did you get out of pools in PM? I saw you had a tough pool but I don't see you on the results. But your Zero Suit is really great and I wish mine was anywhere near as good. You'd have probably beaten me in bracket too.

KassandraNova: We didn't get to talk much but nice playing in Melee and Brawl. Someday though, you must be shown the light that is PM : D

Fizzle: We didn't get to talk but you seem like a really cool guy. See you at CSR maybe?

Anyone else I forgot: Thanks for coming out and/or winning everything.

My Inability to read maps: Thanks for making me walk so freaking far for food : |
I didn't end up getting out of pools. I did have a pretty tough pool, but I was happy with what I was able to accomplish. I'm glad I got to play some of the tougher people for the experience. I was one win off from advancing I'm pretty sure... so close. Hopefully we'll play again in an upcoming tournament.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
DP - Man, playing you was fun haha. Felt like I did OK too, hope I can try again someday.

Viperboy - We meet again... gj on cleaning me up in melee lol, but had to defend phil after what you did to him in pm. We should rematch sometime soon - in both games. Nice seeing you guys again tho, you and Lemon. Evansville is too far wtf gais.

Orly - Youre such a clown lol, enjoyed our pool matches. Was a treat to watch some of your antics, especially against THAT B1tTCH

OvaltineHot, Gracen, Voorheese, and all the other FTWayne dudes, was nice seein yall again. Didnt get any matches though :[

Broverdose - Sorry about that Mario wreckage man lmfao, very surprised you didn't ban FD, is there a reason for that? Haha

Luigigoeshard - I felt bad for you in our set because of that ****ty shield button man, then it turns out you beat me even with those problems, man im such a ****ing scrub lol.

Riznr - good set dawg. you had me worried. though it was so ****ing hilarious to watch your games vs my boy sofaking LOLOL, the spam is real

Khale - GG's. Always frustrating to play against a fellow Falco, but it was exhilirating nontheless. Dont forget to bring yo' ass here on Thursday at 6!

Photonic - Thanks for the practice before pools and stuff, I really needed it.

Ryan#2 - OH MY GOD WHY AM I SO ****ING DUMB????? LMFAO who forgets to ban FD vs ice climbers??? AFTER I WATCHED YOU 4STOCK WOBBLE A FOX. GG's tho! Was ridiculously fun.

JmanJ - Yooooooooooo... gotcha :D haha. Good **** though last sunday, definitely gonna need to tighten my game for next week.

DTJ_Hadesblade - Hey man was quite interesting playing your Yoshi. I really need to learn dat tech, you were puttin my stocks down faster than most do.

Sneakytako - ...
....... I'm such a ****up. Can't believe I went to that plat. Grrrrr... oh well. All this means is that I can make sure to get you the next time we meet in bracket, and I'll just be comfortably tied, forcing you to futilely attempt to re-tie break our set count and drop the big W right in my lap. Easy peasy... no prob........

SofaKing, Rookie - Yall probably arent reading this **** but if you are... 7th whats up :D

Drummaniac28 - Didn't get to give you your birthday present. I'm sorry dude, maybe next time.

Hilt, Metroid, all the FBO staff - Holy **** you guys rock. Thanks for bringing this stuff to Indianapolis, it really brings me joy. I've wanted a sizeable smash turnout down here in indy for so many years. Needless to say, I hope this continues.

Last edited:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
You showed up? :o That's hype. :D I haven't seen you at a tournament in a while. O-o Sucks that the bus ride here would've taken so long. >_< Wish I could've made this more now. D:
I'm surprised you remember me - its been a while since the big Brawl tourneys.

Yeah the Cincy smash scene kinda died for a while, and I got into other games. But I'm back, Cincy smash is back and I'm having more fun with smash than ever before. We might be having an event up here sometime soon, you should definitely come :)

Village Mascot

Smash Rookie
Just as a quick correction:
Drephen and I didn't take PM doubles. Boss and DP did.

I'll do shout outs later. It was a fun tournament, super stacked, too. :p

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Sneakytako - ...
....... I'm such a ****up. Can't believe I went to that plat. Grrrrr... oh well. All this means is that I can make sure to get you the next time we meet in bracket, and I'll just be comfortably tied, forcing you to futilely attempt to re-tie break our set count and drop the big W right in my lap. Easy peasy... no prob........
The :salt: is real lmao. Come down to our bi-weeklies in Cinci for that runback.

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
17: Luigigoeshard

Something feels off.

Also did Kero not go all Oli in Brawl or has he just not been playing?
First time driving oos+new controller johns I guess..... Really feel like I was playing off the whole tourney :/

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
12 people for brawl made me the saddest btw

Will type a bunch of stuff about this tournament someday but ya'll are cool dudes so thanks for that

OH a really easy thing:
I hekked up the P:M brackets, had to redo them, and still didn't get the separation quite right. That was pretty rough and I didn't have any business making those easy mistakes, so I'm sorry about that.

I appreciate that you guys worked with it and didn't fight me on it; it was a long day at the TO table so the fact that all 90+ of you guys were basically constantly working with us rather than against us is always a huge positive light.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'm surprised you remember me - its been a while since the big Brawl tourneys.

Yeah the Cincy smash scene kinda died for a while, and I got into other games. But I'm back, Cincy smash is back and I'm having more fun with smash than ever before. We might be having an event up here sometime soon, you should definitely come :)
You're one of the only ZSS players in the area and I remember you doing some good thing with her too lol. That stuff sticks out to me. ^_^ Also that's hype. :D Just give me enough notice and I would definitely try to show up to something. ^_^

First time driving oos+new controller johns I guess..... Really feel like I was playing off the whole tourney :/
:I

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Brawl was free.

Most people I played with in friendlies, tourney were johning like crazy afterward.
I don't get it, but its hilarious.

I rarely even play any smash games these days, but I don't make any excuses lol.

And good **** @ Boss. Great comebacks against Drephen and Viperboy in singles.

Also did Kero not go all Oli in Brawl or has he just not been playing?
Nope, he did went all Oli.

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Brawl was free.

Most people I played with in friendlies, tourney were johning like crazy afterward.
I don't get it, but its hilarious.

I rarely even play any smash games these days, but I don't make any excuses lol.
Honestly, even had I been playing at my best, you would've still beaten me; you really know the Oli MU haha. Ggs regardless. Wish I had realized that, unlike a lot of MKs I've played, you actually knew how to shark.

I was just overall really disappointed with my performance, though, and given that I rarely ever go oos, playing as badly as I did embarrassed me (those suicides against Amida were absolutely unacceptable).

I do admit my johning was a bit much, though haha. Sorry if I seemed standoffish in general during the tourney; seeing Brawl having so few entrants was damn depressing on top of me wondering what the **** I was doing <.<, To use a colloquialism: I was mad salty.

Tourney was extremely well-run, though, in spite of my mood, so props to DtJ for that.

Last edited:

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, even had I been playing at my best, you would've still beaten me; you really know the Oli MU haha. Ggs regardless. Wish I had realized that, unlike a lot of MKs I've played, you actually knew how to shark.

I was just overall really disappointed with my performance, though, and given that I rarely ever go oos, playing as badly as I did embarrassed me (those suicides against Amida were absolutely unacceptable).

I do admit my johning was a bit much, though haha. Sorry if I seemed standoffish in general during the tourney; seeing Brawl having so few entrants was damn depressing on top of me wondering what the **** I was doing <.<, To use a colloquialism: I was mad salty.

Tourney was extremely well-run, though, in spite of my mood, so props to DtJ for that.
*Suicide

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Really fun tournament, and my first OoS for melee. I was doing my absolute worst I have ever done in melee until I got a confidence boost when I found out I was playing Jiano in bracket. I played well there and almost beat him last game, so I am not disappointed in myself like I thought I would be after the tournament.

I played pretty well in brawl, I got my second career win on kero (And another 2-0, lol) and did better than I expected against Boss. Honestly, because of how dead brawl got in KY, this amount of entrants is not that depressing to me; the pool sheets were, 3 people pools, lol. Brawl was fun, and I will play it until it is truly dead. Shoutouts to Kero for the ride.

JmanJ

Smash Cadet
Fun tournament. A little frustrated that the tournament fell so far behind schedule, causing me to forfeit. But hey, anyone should know not to plan something else on the same day as a smash tournament :p. I won't hold it against the TOs too much though, you guys were very accommodating and I know how difficult it is to keep a tournament running on time.

Looking forward to the next one, I'm going all out for it :)

Top Bottom