• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DtJ Presents: M'Hambo Unchained

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer

[yt]sdksyWZNp3o[/yt]

IS PROUD TO PRESENT

M'Hambo Unchained
A Return to the Game Preserve

A man without his Yoshi is a dangerous man. But what happens when the Yoshis want their dues?

Also it's Metaknight legal.

SIGN-IN/REGISTRATION: 11:00am - NOON

Relevant Prices
$10 vBrawl Singles
$10 vBrawl Doubles (Per teammate--$20 per team)
$5 Brawl- Singles
$5 Brawl- Doubles (Per teammate--$10 per team)
$5 Ultimate Marvel Singles

Venue fee is back to FIVE DOLLARS since we're back at the Game Preserve!

BRING TVs. Four pools on four TVs is lame and it sucks and it takes forever. Be a super cool guy and bring a TV for a waived venue and my everlasting gratitude!

RULES AND JUNK
[collapse="Brawl"]3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the game ends in a suicide attack, honor the results screen. Should the game go into Sudden Death, there will be a one stock, 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters.
-You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
-Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.
-No chaingrab can last past 300%. Any chaingrabbing that exceeds 300% is considered stalling and will result in a forfeit of the match.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

PAYOUT
Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles
Under 24
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

24 or Over
1st - 45%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 15%
4th - 9%
5th - 4%/4%

STAGES
The neutral stage will be picked by stage strike method—each player/team takes turns striking one stage at a time, until there are only two neutrals left. The team who striked second then gets to choose between the two remaining neutrals. If there is a problem deciding who strikes first then a simple game of RPS will determine who picks second.
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium [Melee]
Smashville
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium [Brawl]
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Final Destination
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but the TOs have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

Any player is allowed to play on a nonlegal stage, as long as both players agree to play on that stage. No johns if you lose on a stage you agreed to play on.[/collapse]

Address
The Game Preserve
101 W. Kirkwood Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47404

Parking can be found at the 4th Street Garage!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm here yooooooooooooo.

Also, we can definitely bring a TV or two. However, I don't exactly HAVE a Wii anymore, and I highly doubt anybody wants to use a Wii U for Brawl.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Omg this is the best name for a tournament xD. I wish I could sig that picture

I'm here yooooooooooooo.

Also, we can definitely bring a TV or two. However, I don't exactly HAVE a Wii anymore, and I highly doubt anybody wants to use a Wii U for Brawl.
I'm fine with using a WiiU lol

SoulPech

Smash Master
*See's Composure's Tournament Post*

Hell yeah! I love his tournaments. So much fun, hilarious, every one is super chill.

**sees it's on 01-12-2013**

Welp.

time to slit my wrists.

:phone:

Judo777

Smash Master
Idk how i feel about Delfino being a neutral and CS being a CP..... Delfino is all kinds of disruptive.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Because shockingly I like attendance more than Onett

Judo, to actually address your post, it's part of an experiment that me and Hilt had been talking about waaaaaay back when I actually cared enough about the game to argue stagelists--it was an attempt to make a 7 stage starter that didn't feature Final Destination. At the time I has decided that Delfino lended itself better to being a starter stage because it doesn't have the awkward keepaway second transformation that CS has (this was of course ignoring that PS1 is "Awkward Keepaway Transformation: The Stage").

The tournament happened and no one really complained about the stagelist/had any huge issues with it and the stagelist has just stuck since then. I suppose it's a bit dated but it's never been a huge issue with anyone.

clowsui

Smash Legend
That's a great pun to go with your avatar there Mr. Jacobson

also this tournament should actually be running the GHNeko CP System instead ;o

Judo777

Smash Master
Because shockingly I like attendance more than Onett

Judo, to actually address your post, it's part of an experiment that me and Hilt had been talking about waaaaaay back when I actually cared enough about the game to argue stagelists--it was an attempt to make a 7 stage starter that didn't feature Final Destination. At the time I has decided that Delfino lended itself better to being a starter stage because it doesn't have the awkward keepaway second transformation that CS has (this was of course ignoring that PS1 is "Awkward Keepaway Transformation: The Stage").

The tournament happened and no one really complained about the stagelist/had any huge issues with it and the stagelist has just stuck since then. I suppose it's a bit dated but it's never been a huge issue with anyone.
Ok fair enough.

@megarob
I disagree. I feel that the second transformation shenangians of CS, are the same or better than over half of Delfinos transformations. While playing on Delfino you are constantly forced to change up ur entire strategy and gameplay based solely on which part it is.

Like there are 3 phases with walkoffs, 5 phases with water, all but 2 phases completely remove the ledges from the map. 1 phase has a criminally low ceiling, and on several of the phases it is often best to just wait for the phase to be over before continuing.

Don't get me wrong, the main part of the stage (the transition phase where you are "moving" to the other locations) is a spectacular stage, if it would stay there the whole time it would be a pretty good stage (bar sharking). Problem is either you can be sharked, or you are playing through jank.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I like this stagelist that does not feature FD being a neutral and will try to come.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Ohhhhhhhh.

Back when people actually cared about Brawl+/Brawl Minus/Balanced Brawl people who were hosting events for multiple brawl hacks referred to just brawl as vBrawl (vanilla brawl).

Like I said, my OPs are pretty dated haha

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Where the love for this at?!??

(if anyone in cincy or indy needs a ride, i got space)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I think I need a ride to this unless count or sov randomly decide to come. I'm not really on the way for anyone, but I could probably talk my dad into taking me to meetup spot (indy somewhere?) that isn't 20-30 minutes out of the way for someone to pick me up.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
We've got a full car Hades or else we'd get you. :( Also, we're going to a fighting game tourney the next morning too, so that wouldn't work out.

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Sai and Day are wanting rides so I'm probably going through Cincinnati.
Hopefully we don't die this time.

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
I say that because last time I went to Bloomington via Cincinnati I almost died.

Top Bottom