• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DtJ Presents: First Date | Indianapolis, IN | March 1st

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
Let's go ahead and put the Macho Man down for attendance, Louisville peeps is there room for one more? I can drive too if need be. This is my last day on break before I go back to Hanover I have to go out smashing.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
(Assuming Fort Wayne, IN and not some other Fort Wayne idk about lol)

One of my potential routes to the venue goes through Fort Wayne (coming from Van Wert, OH). If you guys aren't able to get transportation together, I would be up for picking you guys up in exchange for gas money, assuming it's not obnoxiously out of the way lol. I drive a minivan that can hold me + 6 people + 2-3 small-medium TV's. Let me know if you're interested, as I'd like to know ahead of time.
Smashboards didn't notify me of this quote otherwise I would have replied to you earlier. As of right now our transportation isn't 100% figured out, but I'll have confirmation later tonight about whether or not we do or do not have a ride. However, if we would need a ride it looks like it would be exactly 4 of us.

Once again, I'll let you know in the very near future, and I very much appreciate the offer.

EDIT: It appears you drive right through Decatur, so if it happens that we need a ride we could meet you there, since that's where the majority of the smash scene going to this particular tournament actually resides.

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Smashboards didn't notify me of this quote otherwise I would have replied to you earlier. As of right now our transportation isn't 100% figured out, but I'll have confirmation later tonight about whether or not we do or do not have a ride. However, if we would need a ride it looks like it would be exactly 4 of us.

Once again, I'll let you know in the very near future, and I very much appreciate the offer.

EDIT: It appears you drive right through Decatur, so if it happens that we need a ride we could meet you there, since that's where the majority of the smash scene going to this particular tournament actually resides.
Alright, that sounds like a good idea. I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be going to this, which usually doesn't happen with me. But there's supposed to be some snow Friday night, and I still haven't found any housing, so those are my only real deterrents. But just let me know what's going on.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
From the very little I've looked into it, the weather looks like it will be perfectly fine between Fort Wayne and Indianapolis. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Important reminder!

We're located at 850 W Michigan St, Indianapolis, IN 46202
http://eventservices.iupui.edu/downloads/Event Services Facility & Rooms Map.pdf

We'll be using the "Indiana" and "Deans" room, which are in the bottom left corner of the map.

Note that there's a room between us! From 12:00 to 2:00 there's going to be a meeting in the room between the Melee and Brawl rooms. We'd appreciate it everyone can try to not make too much noise during those two hours. Complaints are going to make it difficult for us to use this venue as easily for future events!

Also, please let us know if you'd like to buy a parking voucher so that you can park at the venue! Spin mentioned it awhile back, but there might be some people that didn't give a heads up about it. It's only $5 and will get you much closer to the venue. There are three parking garages you'll be able to choose from, one of which is underneath the venue. Go ahead and park when you get here. After you make it to the room, we'll sell you a voucher for you to put on your car.

If you don't want to pay, there's free parking on 845 Porto Alegre St, which is a 15 minute walk (in the cold) to the venue.

My phone number, if you need to contact me, is (502) 709-0811. Put it in your phone just in case! Feel free to call me if you're running late or can't find the venue!

Pictures of the venue:
https://irs2.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/YUEIZ23UIND1QDPOQ1WQMKF3OHGCX3RKEGVOY3DSQBDTJH5Q.jpg

https://irs0.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/E4On70oh0vrOvUFIpC_Io3RMcQeJ8wJjmSxJlmuTEJE.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! Be careful getting here!

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So seems like KY has backet out for the most part :( But I hopefully will still be coming. I'd be a lot more comfortable saying that if there was even an offer of housing arrangements, but it seems nobody is speaking up :/

So assuming I'm here, I'll take all $1 MM's in Brawl. I also may enter doubles if you're looking to team and want top 4.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
The facebook thread is far more active, I'd recommend asking for housing there.

By the way, we won't be needing you to give us a ride. But thanks for the offer. :)

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
So I have plenty of vouchers, so people who didn't post in here that decide they would like to park at the venue, it should be good. And even if I do run out, I am pretty sure I can get more.

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
So I have plenty of vouchers, so people who didn't post in here that decide they would like to park at the venue, it should be good. And even if I do run out, I am pretty sure I can get more.
How do we aquire such vouchers? Can we park there with out them initially?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yep, you'll be able to park and them get the vouchers from us. Afterwards, though, you'll need to place them on your car.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm here and pouring a cheese stick on the ground for my hommies Squid and Jungle who are no longer with us. RIP you duo of *******, you lords of breakin my heart :'(

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Yea it was lots of salt lol. Had fun tho. I did pretty good for my first tournament. Can't wait til the next one. S/O to all the TO's

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
If not today, then in the next couple of days for sure. I sent the tio files for both melee events to Hilt earlier today so I imagine once he's gotten a chance to fully recover he'll be getting on it

Noremac

Smash Rookie
I was trying to show people some cool stuff with lucario, I consider my first tournament a success.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I was trying to show people some cool stuff with lucario, I consider my first tournament a success.
Your name trolled me all day, i kept hearing Norm at first and then there would be a mac at the end, but it was enough to get me to turn around.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm going to try to have the results thread up today. At the very latest, it'll be up and going tomorrow, been pretty busy on my end over here.

Top Bottom