• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow RAR Bair lock combo - correct and incorrect examples WITH EXPLANATION in desc. of video.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Can you do this against most of the roster ? You can push off at least 80% of tries ?
I don't see even Ito or Leo going for this very often after a DThrow, and it doesn't see very easy, so this info can help me decide into learn it or not.
Thanks in advance (for the vid and explanation).

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Can you do this against most of the roster ? You can push off at least 80% of tries ?
I don't see even Ito or Leo going for this very often after a DThrow, and it doesn't see very easy, so this info can help me decide into learn it or not.
Thanks in advance (for the vid and explanation).
Some fast fallers seem like they can get out with down away di in which case you should dash attack but if you expect inward di you should turnaround bair ff, no di pp bair. I would need to specifically find which fighters can get out like this but so far the only fighter I have experienced who can is Fox. Oh also rage can make it so people can di furhter away from you. So in these cases it is a 30/30/30 rather than a true di 50/50. Which it is under normal circumstances. DI in > turnaround bair, di any kind of out > pp bair, everything else and either will work. People tend to di out more often which is why pp bair is kind of more important imo.

And Ito and Tyrant BOTH go for this in tournament! I have seen Tyrant go for it a few times but don't have any VODs for you. I do have a VOD of ito doing this to Trevonte though.

Cheers

BigBrotherBlade

Smash Rookie
Some fast fallers seem like they can get out with down away di in which case you should dash attack but if you expect inward di you should turnaround bair ff, no di pp bair. I would need to specifically find which fighters can get out like this but so far the only fighter I have experienced who can is Fox. Oh also rage can make it so people can di furhter away from you. So in these cases it is a 30/30/30 rather than a true di 50/50. Which it is under normal circumstances. DI in > turnaround bair, di any kind of out > pp bair, everything else and either will work. People tend to di out more often which is why pp bair is kind of more important imo.

And Ito and Tyrant BOTH go for this in tournament! I have seen Tyrant go for it a few times but don't have any VODs for you. I do have a VOD of ito doing this to Trevonte though.

Cheers
Just a quick question, when i try going for the Back air jab lock a second time, the opponent usually ends up flying out just from the first hit, how did Ito do the bair look again after the get up?

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Just a quick question, when i try going for the Back air jab lock a second time, the opponent usually ends up flying out just from the first hit, how did Ito do the bair look again after the get up?
You've got to be moving towards them.

Top Bottom