• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dsmash stage spike

Luigisama

Smash Champion
A lot of you probably know about this already, but Luigi's dsmash can force a stage spike on some characters and on some stages. I find this very helpful since it helps me against opponents who plank. Not to mention that the opponent never expects it and they might not DI it properly allowing you to score a kill. Lastly while testing this I've tried teching it and it didn't work, but I'll continue testing it just to make sure its really un tech-able.

Works on
Metaknight: FD, SV, BF, YI, CS, Ps2, Frigate, and RC
Falco:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Wario:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Ice climbers:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Olimar:FD, SV, BF, YI, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Pikachu:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Lucario:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
G&w:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Luigi:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Kirby:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Ike: FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate(hard to hit because of his up b)
Yoshi:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate(guaranteed hit if you use Luigi's traction right so that one of the Dsmash hit boxes hits Yoshi's egg during his up b and hits yoshi)
Bowser:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate
Captain falcon:FD, SV, BF, CS, Ps2, and Frigate

note:Yellow means that Dsmash hits, but doesn't stage spike on Halberd, Delfino, and Brinstar
Blue means that Dsmash hits, but doesn't stage spike on YI, Halberd, delfino, and Brinstar

Doesn't hit
Diddy Kong
Snake
Marth
Fox
Wolf
Peach
Pit
Samus
Ganon

Hits but doesn't stage spike
D3
Toonlink(sometimes hits and sometimes it doesn't, but it always hits on YI)
Donkey kong
R.O.B
Ness
Pkt
Lucas
Mario
Link(only on Yoshi island)
Zelda(it only hits if Luigi's back is towards zelda)
Jigglypuff
ZSS(only hits if Luigi's back is towards zss)

The best ways to use this is by using Luigi's traction to do a sliding dsmash towards the edge. Accidental DI towards the stage by your opponent might cause them to get stage spiked. Also it is possible to DI up or in a different direction so that some of the characters listed don't get stage spiked.

I hope this info can help any new Luigi mains. :3

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Sheik isn't capitalized and ZSS isn't even in the list. You're mad sexist, bro.

I jab cancel into D smash stage spike a lot. It's cute!

It's probably techable after a certain percent.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Sheik isn't capitalized and ZSS isn't even in the list. You're mad sexist, bro.

I jab cancel into D smash stage spike a lot. It's cute!

It's probably techable after a certain percent.
yeah I forgot to test it on zss. But atm I'm assuming zss is just samus and she won't get hit.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
What??? That's a terrible assumption D: They aren't similar at all.

I'm going to guess ZSS gets hit but not stage spiked.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
It's only applicable against ZSS in FFAs, doubles or when using a Zelda texture on ZSS.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
When you hit them against the stage, and they get spiked because of it.

Example, your opponent is hanging on the ledge, and you run off and backair him. He will smash into the side/bottom of the stage and get sent downards

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
Orion haha
=D

Well srsly? It's lame and you will get punished from good players. I would say that ICs and GaW are the only character with a good success strate.

ICs because they are two, most of time, nana lose first the invicibly frames after grabbing the edge.

GaW (note it's risky) because he has a very lame roll (roll onstage with R or L) and can be dsmashed and will hit the stage.

It also works on MK (lol) who really isn't that good and try to SJ UpB, with a good timing, he will be stagespiked. etc...

I don't know if you can tech it, but however, nobody will be prepared of such an action. I prefer to let it out of my gameplay since I was usually punished.

juiey2

Smash Cadet
Luigi lays back when going for the dsmash, no need to worry with ike's up b :D

Top Bottom