• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dropzone Double Laser Help

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
Hey, guys; I've been wondering how exactly you do the dropzone DL that Westballz does often (the one where he drops off the ledge the quickly shoots 2 lasers while landing back on stage to catch (for example) a Fox in his UpB). I've tried it numerous times, and I either A) b-reverse the lasers or B) fall to my death while shooting lasers. Cant someone give me advice on how to correctly do this?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hey, guys; I've been wondering how exactly you do the dropzone DL that Westballz does often (the one where he drops off the ledge the quickly shoots 2 lasers while landing back on stage to catch (for example) a Fox in his UpB). I've tried it numerous times, and I either A) b-reverse the lasers or B) fall to my death while shooting lasers. Cant someone give me advice on how to correctly do this?
Jump before lasers. Don't b-reverse them. You might be jumping out with a dash which keeps your momentum and is more dangerous/difficult to do with no benefit.

MorphGuy1000

Smash Cadet
Hold the Control Stick back to land on stage after you fire the first laser. So your inputs should be:

Run off stage
Jump vertically (not forward: you could jump back but you risk doing Side-B by accident)
Laser
Hold Control Stick back to stage
(still holding Control Stick) Laser again

Strangely enough, if you laser and then hold a direction and press B, you still do a second laser. You can't Phantasm, Fire Bird, or Shine until you hit the ground or wait for the initial laser animation to completely finish, which takes a really long time and is something we don't want if we want to double laser (also means that your fingers are pretty damn slow if this happens lol).

Hope this helped :)

Protosauce

Smash Cadet
Could you drop zone wavebounce a laser back onto stage? If you could get the execution perfect every time, is it not safer momentum wise?

Also it would look crisp a hell

#wepmtechnow

Last edited:

MorphGuy1000

Smash Cadet
Could you drop zone wavebounce a laser back onto stage? If you could get the execution perfect every time, is it not safer momentum wise?

Also it would look crisp a hell

#wepmtechnow
that requires too many unnecessary inputs that could result in an SD. theoretically, though, yeah that probably would be safer, but i don't know if you'd get the desired laser heights that you'd want from the regular dropzone lasers

Top Bottom