• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drop The Piko Piko Hammer - Amy Rose for Smash Ultimate DLC

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Team_Sonic_Racing_Amy_no_car.png

Who is Amy Rose?

Amy is a pink hedgehog who first appeared in Sonic CD. She is Sonic's self proclaimed girlfriend, and she will do anything to win his heart. She wields the Piko Piko Hammer. She is also the leader of Team Rose, whose members rotate in all their appearances, but Cream the Rabbit and Big the Cat are the most recurring members.

Moveset (Credit to Evilwaluigi and his You Know Who Should Be In Smash series)

newcomer_amy_rose_by_evilwaluigi-damee3j.png

Pros
Prominent character in the Sonic series.
Unique moveset potential

Cons
Outclassed by other Sonic characters.

Supporters
*ZagarTulip
*SEGAGameBoy
*osby
*Luminario
*Sean Wheeler
*P.Kat
*S.F.L.R_9
*FooltheFlames
*TheFVguy
*jamershinobioneobi02
*katiethehedgefox

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
At First, I didn't know too much about her uniqueness until I saw this post, now think I'd be really happy if she was in because I got to see a unique moveset get made for her.

Sonic Characters have interested me for a while and if any 3rd party series were to get a second character, Sonic would be a good choice for that

I support Amy. Count me in

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At First, I didn't know too much about her uniqueness until I saw this post, now think I'd be really happy if she was in because I got to see a unique moveset get made for her.

Sonic Characters have interested me for a while and if any 3rd party series were to get a second character, Sonic would be a good choice for that

I support Amy. Count me in
Yeah. Sonic would be the first third party series to get new characters if one was to get one. Amy would be a good choice, as would Blaze.

slambros

Smash Ace
Adding Amy would blindside all the people rooting for Tails and Dr. Eggman if we were to only get one non-Echo representative for the Sonic franchise. But I'll say that you've definitely sold me on the concept. I dunno if the chance is really there but I'll say I definitely support Amy Rose for smash.

Hot take: Sega should just make their own Smash-type game already.

:131:

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
For the second Sonic rep (if there is one), I believe that it is between Amy and Blaze at this point. Knuckles is an AT, Shadow may possibly still be an AT, Tails is in the background on a stage, and Eggman really isn't appealing with Bowser Jr. having his hypothetical playstyle.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
After Tails and Eggman, Amy would be the next best choice. She'd be a pretty fun character to play as.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Amy could be really great for Smash. In fact, her invitation could be explained as her stalking Sonic.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My fave Sonic character. Her not being added to Mania is a crime.
I'd love to see all the shenanigans she could pull off in Smash.
I really want her in Mania and it hurt having Mighty and Ray get in before her. >_>

Mighty and Ray are cool and all, but dammit, Amy still should have been in first

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I really want her in Mania and it hurt having Mighty and Ray get in before her. >_>

Mighty and Ray are cool and all, but dammit, Amy still should have been in first
I never understood why she was overlooked. She debuted in Sonic CD, so she is part of the classic series.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Amy's biggest flaw is simply the fact that she's outclassed by the more notable Sonic characters, such as Tails and Knuckles. And considering that Knuckles is an Assist Trophy, I don't really see Amy doing any better than that, or a trophy cameo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Amy's biggest flaw is simply the fact that she's outclassed by the more notable Sonic characters, such as Tails and Knuckles. And considering that Knuckles is an Assist Trophy, I don't really see Amy doing any better than that, or a trophy cameo.
I'll remind you this post when Amy revealed as the secret final boss of Ultimate.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind having Amy as a 2nd Sonic rep we could always use more hammer weapons, count me in as a supporter.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Amy is everything, Twinkle Park is my childhood, and even if she's not first in line for a new Sonic rep I still don't think she's impossible bc in my ~opinion~ the only other realistic Sonic choices are Tails, Shadow, and Eggman, and Tails has the issue of possibly not being a character bc he's in the back of a stage, Shadow would probably just be an echo, and I'm not sure what Sakurai would think of Eggman being similar to Bowser Jr. Honestly I LOVE the idea of her being in Smash so SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPOOORTT

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Since the guys over on the Shadow Support thread don't seem to want to put me down on their list, (I asked twice lul) I'll show my love for Amy instead~<3
Really I'd enjoy any extra Sonic character we got, as long as we do get one! And if Amy makes it in, I'd like to see her have a classic Sonic CD alt :love:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Since the guys over on the Shadow Support thread don't seem to want to put me down on their list, (I asked twice lul) I'll show my love for Amy instead~<3
Really I'd enjoy any extra Sonic character we got, as long as we do get one! And if Amy makes it in, I'd like to see her have a classic Sonic CD alt :love:
Yeah. I would be fine with any Sonic character though Blaze and especially Amy are the Sonic characters I want the most. Their competition is looking not so good at the moment.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for Amy before 2 weeks ago.
Another cutey I wouldn't mind seeing in. I kind of have trouble seeing it happening over Shadow as an echo, but it's still possible to have an extra..

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for Amy before 2 weeks ago.
Another cutey I wouldn't mind seeing in. I kind of have trouble seeing it happening over Shadow as an echo, but it's still possible to have an extra..
Yeah. It would be nice to see Amy in the game, but I don't think that she's likely. I still hope she's in.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Amy is everything, Twinkle Park is my childhood, and even if she's not first in line for a new Sonic rep I still don't think she's impossible bc in my ~opinion~ the only other realistic Sonic choices are Tails, Shadow, and Eggman, and Tails has the issue of possibly not being a character bc he's in the back of a stage, Shadow would probably just be an echo, and I'm not sure what Sakurai would think of Eggman being similar to Bowser Jr. Honestly I LOVE the idea of her being in Smash so SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPOOORTT
So far, many of the more popular Sonic characters have issues that prevent their inclusion. Knuckles is already an Assist Trophy, and Eggman is more likely to be a boss. If you count being in the background of a stage as deconfirmation, then both Tails and Silver are out. Amy's only competition now is Shadow, but he's an unconfirmed Assist Trophy, which means that there is a chance that he will be an Assist Trophy again.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Amy is a Spirit. But, I don't think that being a Spirit means that a fighter is deconfirmed. Amy is now the Sonic character with the second highest chances, only behind Tails.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If background characters count as deconfirmations, then Amy is the most likely new Sonic character.
Probably, but then again Knuckles' AT doesn't activate on Green Hill Zone.

Knuckles and Shadow are definitely toast regardless tho. So only Tails would be left as whether or not he isn't viable, given the context of BG cameos. Silver is right out, since priority on him is low.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Probably, but then again Knuckles' AT doesn't activate on Green Hill Zone.

Knuckles and Shadow are definitely toast regardless tho. So only Tails would be left as whether or not he isn't viable, given the context of BG cameos. Silver is right out, since priority on him is low.
Knuckles isn't alone in that regard. The Moon does not show up on the Great Bay stage, for instance. Tails is in a weird spot because he's in the background on a stage. If BG cameos are disconfirmations, then this will largely improve Amy's chances.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest, I really love her character, since I first became a Sonic fan. So yeah, put me up in that support list.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
If you ever wondered what Amy would look like as a human, I've found a character that is the spitting image of Amy(she even has the same spikey bangs!) from an obscure Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game that was released in 1992, over a year before Amy's Debut appearance in Sonic CD, called Gley Lancer. The game itself is great. I've played it myself.

EDIT: I also found this super cute fan-art.

Classic-and-Modern-Amy-amy-rose-37965775-369-500.png

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Since I last updated, that petition now has 185 signatures. It just needs 15 more in order to get to 200.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Tails got his Mii Fighter costume back and is now out of the running. And, in the two months since I last updated, the petition now has 265 signatures. More people want Amy in Smash than I thought.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Although I hate Sonic, I want Amy to be playable. I think it's best to have 6-8 sonic playable reps.

Top Bottom