Dreamland vs. Congo

Something that I've really been wondering lately is how matchups change between Dreamland and Congo. The fact that Congo has been excluded from the matchup discussion suggests that there isn't much of a difference, but I really doubt that is true.

Knowing whether Dreamland or Congo is pretty important for stage striking in particular. If your opponent strikes Hyrule, you get to pick between Dreamland and Congo for the first match.

Right now the only possible example I can think of is that Fox is better on Dreamland because his lasers can get a little messed up by Congo's slanted floor.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Personally i dont have too much experience but i find congo is similar in match-ups to DL but for slightly different reasons.

What do people generally think about the floor? The fact that it's slanted can either help or hinder combos depending on what you are trying to do from where so i dont think it actually makes much difference. It does make grabbing a little odd.

The fact that you can go through the floor as well as the fact that its very thin makes edge guarding very easy IMO, hindering those with bad recoveries even more.

The side platforms are much higher then on DL and offer less support while recovering.

Chars that depend on the platforms of DL to do easy combos will obviously have a harder time on congo due to the higher side platforms and the rotating middle ones.

The barrels ability to be considered a viable tactic for recovery seems silly to me because not only would you have to go out of your way to get it in most cases...but you'd also have to luck out that your foe can't just counter you as you are shot out.

Congo also seems to have short side edges allowing for early deaths for some light chars.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
It's usually nice to take control of the middle of the floor. Once you do, the opponent will have a much harder time hitting you with an aerial or grabbing you unless he completely lunges at you (which is quite risky).

For some strange reason I love this stage as Falcon more than Dreamland sometimes. Only sometimes but still. I'll try and explain why once I get home from holidays.

I was getting the sense that people wanted to discuss Hyrule/DL because they have more experience on those stages.

I won't hesitate to admit I have little experience on Kongo. Mostly because people on Kaillera won't play on that stage >_>