• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreamland for Marth?

CP Adagio

Smash Cadet
Generally Marth's don't like DL because of the difficulty getting tippers on the platforms/getting projectile camped, but does anyone here enjoy the stage in certain matchup due to the amount of space for dash dancing and the massive blast lines?

Leeroythuggin

Smash Rookie
I have always liked this stage for the Marth mirror because I have found that the lack of easy tipper follow ups on the platforms save me more often than they hurt me. I'm not sure if it's good in any other matchup though because the large stage does so much for the characters that are either faster than marth or have projectiles, the large blastzones don't help marth all that much but help most other characters (because they generally have stronger horizontal recovery), and the high platforms help other charqcters mix up their recovery.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
DL must be played differently, but it's still not bad for marth. DL is a neutral game stage, and Marth has excellent neutral due to his dash dance and fair (among other things). The cg on spacies is still great when you grab them near center stage.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I played a few friendlies today and ended up winning just about every set on DL....I always kept the mentality that its bad for Marth but I think it would only be bad for maybe Marth vs Puff, everyone else it seems like a suitable stage to pick. I might actually start trying to CP it....

PichuMaster3000

Smash Rookie
Don't go there against a peach that is used to your play style. After 100% it gets really hard to kill and gives some opportunity for her to catch up. At least in my experience.

thf24

Smash Cadet
In the current meta it's not so much that Dreamland is bad for Marth; more that other stages are better. I like it for the ditto for the same reasons Leeroythuggin Leeroythuggin said, but against everyone else, either the opponent's advantages will outweigh yours, or any given advantage you have would be greater on another stage. To answer your specific examples, the stage itself of both Stadium and FD is bigger if you want room to dash dance, and Marth usually wants closer blast zones as opposed to further anyway.

Last edited:

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
Dreamland is not as bad as people make it out to be in my opinion. Sure you can't tipper through platforms or perform certain moves due to a glitch sometimes, but this stage does have space. This is probably dependent on each player, but I prefer having space to run around rather than being confined to a small stage like Yoshi's Story or FoD. I mean, the stage is bad for Marth, but not nearly as much as people think. This stage is only really bad against floaties and mid/low tiers because they take a long time to kill on this stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom