• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreaming - A Melee Kirby Combo, Techskill, and Highlight Video

Captain Pretzel

Smash Rookie
What's up everyone! :)

I recently put together a combo video starring our favorite Melee cotton ball, and it's been fairly well received as of so far. I'm not sure how many people frequent the Kirby Boards anymore, but I thought it would be worth sharing here for anyone looking to see some cool things the character is capable of, including some recent things discovered and labbed in the Kirby Discord.

Presenting: Dreaming - A Melee Kirby Combo, Techskill, and Highlight Video

There's a lot more information in the YouTube video description for anyone interested; other than that, I hope you all enjoy! :)

D

Deleted member

The video was awesome! Have you attended any other Melee tournaments besides the videos in your Youtube Channel?

Captain Pretzel

Smash Rookie
Thanks yung kirb yung kirb ! @BuffKirby I mostly attend locals in Champaign, along with their regionals House of Paign and Show Me Your Moves. I sometimes go to Chicago for Tripoint Smash and Hold That L, and I've gone to a few tournmaents at Purdue as well. :) I'm aiming to go to Shine and/or the Big House as well this year!

Weenuk

Smash Cadet
captain pretzel pulling through for all the (3) kirby mains out there

D

Deleted member

Who are the three Kirby mains? I don't have Melee but I'd like to participate in locals

Captain Pretzel

Smash Rookie
Weenuk Weenuk that Kirby with a knife is hilarious :O

@BuffKirby Haha there's a few more than 3 of us, it was just a comment after one of my matches at a regional I thought was super funny. :) As far as active Kirby players, there's a reasonable number:

Solo Mains: Me and only me :(
Co-mains: Kuya (also plays G&W and Link), Papa (plays Ice Climbers)
Strong secondaries: Ginger (mains Falco), Ministry (mains Sheik), Kirbykaze (mains Sheik, not sure if he's active), Leffen (mains Fox, rarely plays Kirby)
Have a strong Kirby, not sure whether they're mains or secondaries: Ludvig, Thronior, ChivalRuse, LoopGravity, Dodger, Gold Dart

I'm sure I'm missing a few but there's a nice number. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, is Triple R still on a hiatus? Is Cereal Rabbit still around?

I think KirbyKaze hasn’t laid a paw on Kirby since he mained Sheik, and uses him as a “fun/low tier main” :( :(

Also are you on the Kirby Melee Discord?

Weenuk

Smash Cadet
i'm pretty sure triple r still goes to locals but he doesn't play melee anymore

idk about cereal rabbit

D

Deleted member

Cereal Rabbit was last seen in smashboards over 3 years ago...February 2016....IDK where he is anymore tbh.

I still have basic ideas on what to do with Kirby in Melee thanks to watching Triple R and other KIrby videos

Top Bottom