• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragons Den Melee Tourney II in Poughkeepsie Oct 25th

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Address:
2600 South Rd. (Rt. 9)
Poughkeepie, NY 12601
Phone: 845-471-1401

Sign ups for the tournament will begin around 11am and we are hoping to start it around 1pm. Please arrive during that time to make our job a lot easier. There are 3 TVs already there that we are allowed to use as well as a possible projector. Anyone who has a setup is welcome to bring one though so don't be shy.

Venue Fee: $10
Singles: $10($5 if Enough people show)
Doubles: $10 (per team)

Rules For singles:
- 4 stock matches with an 8 minute time limit
- Items off
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3 except for winners, losers and grand finals which are best 3 out of 5
- no excessive stalling tactics (ex: jiggly's rising pound, peach bombing, etc)
- Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, both players will do a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine winner.
- Wobbling is banned

Random Stage List:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Mute City
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Doubles Rules:
- Same as singles
- Life Stealing is allowed
- Team attack is set On

Random Stages:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Set Procedure:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
4a. The loser may also agree to pick "Random" for the counterpick
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

**No player is allowed to choose the stage they just won on (unless both players agree)

ALukard G$ XYT Mogwai and Eggm do you think you can make this?????

BRING SETUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They only have 2 tv's and a projector so plz HELP!!!!!

Newburgh crew is coming i think and hopefully AE of i course im attending and a few kids from New Paltz. Please show up anyone if you can trying to make this big. Train up for RoM2 everyone.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
my bad bryan good lookin out....and i have found my key 2 being consistant after a few warm up matches

Rykard

Smash Ace
i am saddened by the fact that i cannot go :(

unless of course someone wants to drive 4 hours to come get me and then 4 hours back :)

Alukard

Smash Hero
i really dont know if i can make this ... i'll run it by g$ tho ...

PK Webb

Smash Champion
phish it who r u teaming with??????????????? need sum1 to help me beat ky/justsexed because they are 2 good to be toether no homo lol

The Bino

Smash Lord
I shall attend, this is just too close to my house not to show up. Don't expect great things from me though, i pretty much stopped playing... this shall be fun

U do know this is on a sunday. Oct 25th is a sunday, i hope u mean the 24th

PK Webb

Smash Champion
No i mean 25th everything thing else is booked with magic yugi oh and movie premeires or some crap so sunday is all i got. his next available date was like nov.14th or something i forget so yea sunday it is

phish-it

Smash Champion
I shall attend, this is just too close to my house not to show up. Don't expect great things from me though, i pretty much stopped playing... this shall be fun

U do know this is on a sunday. Oct 25th is a sunday, i hope u mean the 24th
Then what were these rumors I heard about you and Coin getting back into the game?

Rykard

Smash Ace
Um so how about you guys come to ithaca one day? sounds good? ok

and Trey get matt or greg to team with. just hope they are available that day

PK Webb

Smash Champion
phish it where u be at when im playin sol and ky son come thru man and recieve the **** lol

The Bino

Smash Lord
And the worst part of it when you go down to play with Sol and Ky is that NO ONE CALLS ME! lol i hear about it days later.

Coin won't attend this, he's on LI and for him to get up here is too much i think

PK Webb

Smash Champion
ok well bino and phish it im probably gonna run up in sol's place 2morrow be there and recieve the webb of shadows!!!!!!!!

The Bino

Smash Lord
Oof RP is going to this too. This is like and AE reunion lmao..

Rykard i also hear about it from Sol and Ky, which ever one tells me.

Webb next time you're there mention to either Sol or Ky to call me since they have my number and if i'm not busy i'll head down. Im not sure if i'm doing anything when you're gonna be there, but just have em call me or text me and ill see what's up

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Thats great that rp is coming hey rp lets team plz plz plz lol i in need and rich as much as i would love to team with cloudz or b-man chances of them showing are slim like slim fast

phish-it

Smash Champion
Phish, if I come I'm MMing your Ganon/DK, and I want to teams MM you and Sol's Bowsers, but none of that Dragon Roost Island bull****.
Sounds like a plan. But remember now Dragon Roost island might be banned but that means Dragon **** island is still fair game!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Bino me rykard and justsexed are going friday to play sol ky and maybe phish it if he shows so u cant say i neva told u lol

Top Bottom