• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonite: The Destructive Dragon-type Pokemon flies in! Support the Dragon DLC!!!

Who wants to have Dragonite added as an OFFICIAL Super Smash bros DLC character?

• Total voters

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Wow, really? I actually wasn't aware of that. Where did you find out about Dragonite's amount of support?
pssst his support is he, himself, his alterego, himself wearing a moustache, evil version of himself, and bizarro boltdragon. i'd reccomend not taking this seriously.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I just kept looking around the smash forums. There was a mystery hoard of people who support Dragonite like me, and the threads are so full with him too! It's not just me posting about Dragonite. Some people have threads saying they want Dragonite as a backup character in super smash bros 3DS/Wii-U, and others say that Dragonite would make a great Pokeball Pokemon, mii fighter suit, Amiibo, or a playable character DLC! I will keep you update BlueZard, and be sure to inform all of your other fans to vote or support my thread!!!

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hmm, now I kind of want to see those threads for myself...

Also, @ SleuthMechanism SleuthMechanism I understand why you might assume this, but considering how dedicated BoltDragon is to getting Dragonite support, it is definitely possible that he searched every nook and cranny of the forums to find fellow Dragonite supporters.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'm telling the absolute truth BlueZard! Look around the forum, and search for people who want Dragonite as an official DLC character, Amiibo, Mii fighter suit, or a Pokeball. I looked hard enough to find supporters, and on other threads, people said they would support Dragonite. I Do not know how many people agreed with me, but I do know that some people actually do want Dragonite to be added as an DLC character. Keep looking on the forums! See you then BlueZard! Keep me updated on what you think needs to be done, and what you like about Dragonite! Remember, people are only
Commenting on other peoples forums to show who they want to support, and some people have recommended Dragonite as a character. Keep looking hard enough, and then you will start to believe me what I said.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
OK, I'll see if I can search for these posts myself, when I have the time.

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
I'm confident that the tone has changed and I feel like dropping my two cents here...

I think Dragonite is a pretty cool idea. I know you developed some of the movesets, but you could toss in a little spice with some of dragonite's throws.

Uthrow: Stone edge- a spear of rock emerges from the ground to strike the target.
Fthrow: Dragon Rush- I think its already a custom on charizard, but this one is just a heavy tackle.
Dthrow: Iron tail- Tail turns into iron and is dropped on the target.
Bthrow: Aqua Tail- Bashes target with its tail. There is a water effect somewhere.

If you got the reference, this is the moveset of the Tower Tycoon's (your rival's dad) Dragonite in Diamond and Pearl.

EDIT: I wish your thread good fortune, and don't forget about the EDIT BUTTON :)

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'm confident that the tone has changed and I feel like dropping my two cents here...

I think Dragonite is a pretty cool idea. I know you developed some of the movesets, but you could toss in a little spice with some of dragonite's throws.

Uthrow: Stone edge- a spear of rock emerges from the ground to strike the target.
Fthrow: Dragon Rush- I think its already a custom on charizard, but this one is just a heavy tackle.
Dthrow: Iron tail- Tail turns into iron and is dropped on the target.
Bthrow: Aqua Tail- Bashes target with its tail. There is a water effect somewhere.

If you got the reference, this is the moveset of the Tower Tycoon's (your rival's dad) Dragonite in Diamond and Pearl.

EDIT: I wish your thread good fortune, and don't forget about the EDIT BUTTON :)

Thanks for the cool advice man! I shall change the moves when I can, and expect this thread to start entering phase 2, total Dragonite DLC! Hopefully my wish is answered, and I get more fans to support me as I go forward with this thread about Dragonite. Thanks for all of your support and help, it matters to me a lot! The great thing is that I can change whatever I need, in a moments notice! Time flies when you are voting for your favorite character to win the top spot on the future DLC list. Wish me luck everybody!!!

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Hey, BoltDragon. If you're not just trolling, how are you able to gather more supporters for your thread? I have been posting in the Sceptile thread, but it's rarely stayed on the first page for very long. Meanwhile, your thread keeps getting bumped up every day. What's your secret?

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I can now confirm that BoltDragon was telling the truth. I searched the forums, and found the original Dragonite topic. It was quite old, but there is no denying that it exists.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
My secret is to update all of my character's moves, one at a time. Also, I secretly have been spreading my propaganda all of the smash forums, asking for help in on threads, and spreading my idea of Dragonite, I to necessary thread's that incorporate who you want to have in super smash bros, as a DLC character. Deceptive is pretty cool and all, and I have decided that in order to help you out, I wi

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
"Deceptive"...?

Let me guess.... Autocorrect got you? XD

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey, BoltDragon. If you're not just trolling, how are you able to gather more supporters for your thread? I have been posting in the Sceptile thread, but it's rarely stayed on the first page for very long. Meanwhile, your thread keeps getting bumped up every day. What's your secret?
He and the rest of this small group post a lot.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I know I post a lot guys, but don't assume it's going to be just me posting here. I have other friends who like to post here too, and I appreciate your support. I understand you guys think it's just me, and you are somewhat right, however, some other people share posting on my thread too.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Yeah, I'll be posting here too. I haven't posted as often as BoltDragon (I didn't want to get too involved in the drama earlier), but now that things are better here, I'll try to help him out when I can!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Ok! Thanks BlueZard! You really make me feel Happy that I have such great fans who support my thread, (Even if the thread is only in the 100's right now) I still appreciate your support! I will update you as I post here more often. BTW, make sure you tell some administrators and Moderators to support my thread too, if you can. See you then, and good luck and fortune to you with Bandana Waddle Dee!

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I don't think it really matters that much if admins and mods support this thread as opposed to regular members, since their votes in the ballot are really worth the same as anyone else's vote.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I love Dragonite. Really I do. Really. ^^

However, I can't imagine Sakurai picking Dragonite out of the many many other popular Pokemon candidates.

Dragonite's chances would increase if he got a Mega-Evolution, but Game-Freak dropped the ball on that one eh?

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
^
Oh boy, that reminds me of when people used to make those "Dragonitenite" jokes because of the naming theme for the Mega Stones... XD

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Thanks for all of the thread support you guys!! I really am enjoying posting to the thread that I created, and I wanted to say that all of my fans are quite welcome here. Please leave your suggestions on how to make Dragonite a better fighter, for your support is greatly appreciated! Great things may come out of adding this Dragon-type DLC character! I am expecting the best possible results, and I will keep supporting other people's threads to gain support for my own thread! Please make sure that next time you comment on my thread about Dragonite, you tell all of your friends to vote for me!!! I just want to make sure that Dragonite achieves a spot in the popular DLC vote, and that he wins! I feel excited that I have many supporters and friends who will be able to help me achieve my dream of Dragon-type DLC! I will post back here after someone comments to this thread. Many Great things are expected of a future character, so I just wanted to announce that I will fight for what is right! Dragonite might not win the majority of the fan vote, but that won't deter me. I am DETERMINED to give my all in campaigning for him as a DLC character. Now Who's with me???

I aplogize about double posting here, but i just wanted to say thanks to all of my supporters who give me the strength and the power to express myself in thought. I for once in my life, need a Dragon to dominate the battlefield of Super smahs bros, and Dragonite is the perfect DLC character for the job! if you truly want to support @ BoltDragon BoltDragon , then please remind your friends to vote for my thread. Not to force you or anthing, but please try to hurry. The DLC thread ends in October, so post here now if you would like more details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If Dragonite got in Smash Bros, what do you guys think his splash screen would say? "Soars in!", "Defies the odds!", "Delivers!" all came to mind but I'd love to see what everyone else thinks.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Thanks @ Zerp Zerp ! I really think that it would say Dragonite: THe Destructive Dragon Pokemon Flies in! Just like my original banner for my Super smahs Bros DLC character title. BTW, thanks for giving me the great advice and support! You are offically AWESOME!!!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I already did! Thanks for all of your amazing help and great Support! I know that Dragonite would be proud of you for supporting him, although he might not make it into smash bros entirely. I still have a long ways to go, but ith help from people like you, Dragonite surely can stand a chance of gettign ino the DLC Vote!!!:149::149::149:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
It seems that Dragonite has amazing move set potential, solely due to being a Pokemon and thus having a gigantic movepool. I think his Final Smash would be Draco Meteor, a bit like PK Starstorm. Who knows. While this character would be a great addition, there are 2 objections that I can't really take down-1) Pokemon doesn't need a new fighter 2)They won't add more due to the 'six Pokemon in a party' thing from the Pokemon games. But you never really know for sure with Sakurai!
Anyway, you can add me to the support list.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
  1. Thank you for your support! Everyday my thread grows larger, I grow happier to support other threads too! i will post back here when i can, ok? until then, please support #TeamDragonite:149: for Super Smash bros DLC!

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Dragonite is one of my favorite Pokemon and it would be awesome to see him the game despite the fact there is a very low chance.
In other words, if there is a supporter list, you can add me to it.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I will see what i can do for you guys! TThank you for all of the support for this thread! With your help, my thread grows stronger wach day, and Dragonite :149: gets a larger chance of being added as an Official DLC charater for the 3DS/Wii-U versions of super smash bros! I will post back here later, ok?

I wanted to thank everyone for supporting this thread! Even though it only gets a handful of attention, I still feel as though I have a fighting chance of winning the DLC vote. It will be a longshot that will take some serious campaigning skills to get some MAJOR support! i Refuse to be defeated. Think of all the cool possibilities when they add Dragonite to the DLC Plaable character list. Dragonite will finially show his true potential to create havoc and destruction for the First time ever! I sincerly hope that Dragonite wins this vote. The whole world might want me to get him added, that is if you are a true supporter of Dragonite! Until then, expect me to post here more often. I will also post here when the DLC vote ends. Things have been quite well for me this week. I have to admit, that even though im not currently winning the major polls right now, Im still subsequently posting on this thread. I have one hope that I will get more fans to support me, if i support their threads too.

Great Times are coming up in 1 month from Now! I am in urgent need of supporters to vote for my thread to support :149:#TeamDragonite for Super smash bros DLC! It's soon going to be the final voting coutdown, so as i'd expect, most people will start ramping up their conversations on thier own thread, and others too. I only ask that anybody who is currently supporting me now, tell all of your friends to vote for me Today! Time is limited, so please don't hesitate to send me a reply saying that you will help me. I greatly appreciate all of the comments, and I am looking forward to the future DLC of Super Smash Bros! BTW, sorry about double posting here again. The reason is imporant for smash purposes only. I am not spamming, I'm just asking for your comments and support in this last month before the DLC voting ends. @ BlueZard BlueZard , and @ smashkirby smashkirby , and @ Desert Croc Desert Croc , please tell all of your friends to vote for me as well!

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
So the double posting is back....

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
@ Elin Elin , please do not fret over this double post. I am very busy trying not to do that, and sometmes i get caught up in double posting. Excuse me for being rude and making two posts, but i'm in nedd of some major support right now. With the way this thread has been going on, I'm doing my best to fix any kinks or loose ends that are holding back my progress of getting Dragonite added for Super Smash Bros. I apologize that I have a tendancy to write here very often. I don't want trouble, i just need more support.

i will pot back here when i get some spare time. Meanwhile, make ure you tell my friends and fans to keep supporting me for this last mmonth of voting for Dragonite as a DLC character! good luck to your thread too.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hmm... So, guys... What kind of taunts do you think Dragonite would have?

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I personally think that Dragonite should have this taunt

Up Taunt:

basically a cool Ice type move for showing off his strength, in a rather cool way!

I'll upload the other two taunts later. See you then @ BlueZard BlueZard !

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Dragonite is an interesting choice. In the Pokemon anime, the most famous specimen is the one that belongs to Iris. However, in my headcanons Iris lives with Cilan (who is her husband) in Twin Peaks, Washington (the setting for the TV show Twin Peaks, which is really good), rather than at the Smash Mansion alongside most of Ash's other travel partners. After Iris's Dragonite, the most famous one in the anime is Drake's - he used it against Ash in the final Orange Islands Gym battle. So if Dragonite gets into Smash 4, my headcanons will have Drake's Dragonite as the Dragonite in Smash.

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
I say Dragonite's up Taunt could be it crossing it's arms while hovering a bit and growling (possibly it's cry). This is reminiscent of dragonite's entrance animation in emerald.

Side taunt: Covers itself in blue flames (like Charizard'S Flare blitz) but then breaks the flames with a spin.

Down taunt: Sparkles and feathers fall down on dragonite (XY/ORAS Roost animation).

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hmm... So, guys... What kind of taunts do you think Dragonite would have?
Up taunt: A Togekiss appears and starts spamming Follow Me so you can only hit Togekiss and no one can hit Dragonite so it can just spam Dragon Dance. (Togekiss-Dragonite doubles core, best doubles core!)
Side taunt: Dragon Dance, which upgrades it's Attack and Speed. The boosts are stack-able too.
Down taunt: Lance comes out of nowhere and tosses six other Dragonites that are all at the level of a level 50 Amiibo with +100 in in all stats.

Okay, now for some actual ones that aren't as insane :p.

Up Taunt: Dragonite spins a little up into the air and hovers back down.
Side Taunt: Dragonite pulls out a mail bag, holds a letter up to the air, and tosses a slow moving letter that deals 3% damage, and spikes.
Down Taunt: Dragonite stomps the ground, which causes a little tremor (no damage).

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Oh My Gosh! Thanks so much for the thread Support guys!!! I may not win the vote exactly, but I will win Fan support! With some spare time i get this week, i will try to update Dragonite when i can. I feel greatly needed by the Super smash bros Community, and Dragonite needs to win this vote! Thank you all for your great help in bossting my thread to a slightly popular thread that has good potential of winning.

Here is Dragonite's possible Side Taunt: Flamethrower

Also, here could be his down taunt: Dragonite shows off his cool Biceps with a Strength pose. This move could use a bit of adjusting to, so expect me to make some minor changes when i get some time.

Meanwhile, I need to ask that all of my fellow Supporters and fans leave me comments and suggestions on how to make Dragonite's chances larger for smash. I really need the help, because if Dragonite doesn't make it into Super smash bros as a DLC character, at least he could/might be in super smash bros 5. (Hopefully Sakurai makes that before he dcides to retire in the future.) Anywho, i wish everyione good luck on the last 3 weeks of the voting for DLC characters!

Once again, sorry about breaking the double posting rule. I need to ask that all of my fellow Super smash bros Fans give me time to update Dragonite. I am super busy this week, so i might only post here a little bit. Just a small new update every once and a while, ok? Just for this week only. Until then, please Support #TeamDragonite for super smash bros DLC!!!

REMEMBER, only 3 Weeks remain in the DLC ballot voting process. I really need your help, so please vote now to support me!

On the other hand, Dragonite has undergone a significant change. He has been upgraded, and he also has more supporters! I feel really impressed that Dragonite continues to recive lots of likes and comments. With this thread needing the support as it is right now, DRagonite will surly rise up to become a legendary Super smash Bros fighter. Although his chances are slim, that will not deter me from creating new allies and supporters. I will post back here when i can later today. Until then, please support #TeamDragonite for the last 3 weeks of DLC!!!

Help is mandatory! I need to gain more support for my thread in these last 2 weeks befor the vote ends! Please leave me a comment now, or a like saying that you will help me. @FalKoopa, @ BlueZard BlueZard , @ smashkirby smashkirby , @ Desert Croc Desert Croc , @Mighty Minotaur, @Mic_128, and any other member i have as a supporter, be sure to leave me some comments to help keep my thread alive. Don't fret if this thread doesn't win, i will still be posting here when the time permits, although i will only post my suggestions from now on.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Dragonite would be a fun and interesting character. The only reasons why I'm not really a big supporter of him right now are because we need representation from other generations and we already have a flying dragon Pokemon in Charizard to an extent, but if he got in I'm sure that he'd be fun to play.

He could probably make use of the myriad of water moves that he has mixed in with some punches, tail smacks and dragon-y moves for an interesting playstyle.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Thanks for all the support! I'm somewhat impressed with the thread support that i'm receiving here. Overtime, things have really shaped up for me to post here, and i have many new fans who like to give a like, or a comment when the can! Life is good.

BTW, remember, there are only 2 weeks left to vote to support #TeamDragonite! Do not be afraid to post here more often. I will update Dragonite if i can, and expect to see me write some reviews on other people's threads in the meantime. Peace out!!!:149:

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Dragonite is one of my favorite Pokémon, I'd love to see him in!

Better than Sceptile, I'm sick of starters.

Top Bottom