• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonite: The Destructive Dragon-type Pokemon flies in! Support the Dragon DLC!!!

Who wants to have Dragonite added as an OFFICIAL Super Smash bros DLC character?

• Total voters

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909

Credit to Coshi (Deviantart) for the amazing image!

Hello everyone, I am here to discuss about possibly adding a new DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii-U. This fighter is a Destructive Dragon-type Pokemon, who is a great force to be reckoned with. Dragonite is hailed as the First ever Dragon-type Pokemon, who was used by the Pokemon Champion, Lance. He also was a popular character, reappearing multiple times in the Pokemon anime as a side character, who would ferry Pokemon trainers, elite four members, and the champions to victory. The Pokemon company would have a great reason for adding Dragonite as a DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros, due to the fact that Dragonite is Charizard's major Dragon-type Rival. Ever since Generation 1 came out, Dragonite had the potential to decimate his opponents in battle. He showed up every weak trainer with a reliable Pokemon that could almost never be defeated. Nintendo would be a much better off if they added Dragonite as a Mii Fighter DLC costume, or even possibly an Amiibo! If not that, Then Nintendo could add him as a Playable DLC fighter. Everybody asks one question, "Why add Dragonite as a playable DLC character, when we have Charizard? The answer is a simple one. Dragonite is special because he has been shown multiple times as a NPC character, or a fan art that Shows courage and bravery. Dragonite has a unique skillset like no other Pokémon. Other than weighing 463LBS, Dragonite has immense power and speed to overpower his opponents. Finally, Dragonite deserves to be added into Super Smash Bros, due to the Fact that he is already an Pokémon Trophy that can be obtained on the Wii-U, and he also appears as an NPC in the Kalos Pokémon League: Dragon-type room. Other than the fact that he has great physique, Dragonite has a great profile. It pretty much defines how he is. That is why he is so special. Without him, all Dragonite fans would be outraged that Nintendo didn't pick another cool Dragon-type Pokemon from Generation 1 to add to the DLC list. With a great history, Dragonite surely will not let his fans down when they receive him as a official DLC fighter for their 3DS/Wii-U systems. Think twice before you say no to This dragon Pokemon.

Moving on,Dragonite is a Mid-to-Heavyweight Fighter, who possesses great speed and power. However, he is still gifted with a fair moves to even out the playing field. Dragonite has multiple attributes that have earned him the spotlight next to Charizard on the other hand. It's almost if Dragonite is second nature to Charizard. However, Dragonite would give players a sense of "I can really cause some serious damage here!" No excuse for a loser. Dragonite has got a great sense of becoming a legendary icon for super Smash bros 3DS/Wii-U.

Dragonite has a wide variety of moves at his disposal. Here's the moveset I've dreamed up: Special:
Fire Punch. This will charge up as you attack with it. Dragonite's fist will become enveloped in flame as soon as this move is activated. The resulting punch can fling opponents forward or backwards depending on the direction it is used. It is similar to Mario's fireball, and will gradually lose strength as the move is used multiple times in a row. This move can cause a slight burn infliction upon impact with an opponent, and it leaves them with a fiery afterburn.

Side Special: Tornado. Dragonite sends out a tornado similar to the Ore Club. Travels less distance, does about the same damage, and has no knockback other then pulling players along with it. The tornado continues to travel in a straight path, and will not stop until it hits a barrier, such as an opponent, or a wall. This move can be used in a combo, but not recommended for spamming. Tornado can also deflect incoming enemy projectiles that are thrown towards Dragonite. This move is a great self defense move for him to use in tight situations.

Up Special: Dragon claw. Dragonite rips into the opponent, with a razor sharp claws. This attack acts like an explosive combo breaker, so watch out. Dragonite can use this move multiple times without recharging. Dragon claw can also make an opponent fly a farther distance when they are hit, depending if they are a heavyweight character, or a lightweight character. dragon claw always causes severe damage upon impact.

Down Special: Outrage. Dragonite takes a charging up stance, and after about 5 or 6 seconds, he'll light on fire and his eyes will turn red. His next physical attack will be supercharged, dealing double the damage it normally would. Outrage only lasts about ten seconds, and there is no wait time for it to recharge. This move is a special move that is easy to master, and fun to use against unsuspecting foes or opponents that are attacking you. Granted this move has a medium damage effect.

Final Smash: Hyper Beam. Dragonite concentrates all of his energy he has stored within him, and focuses it on making a giant energy beam that will Decimate anything/any fighter that gets in it's path of destruction. This move functions similarly to Samus's Zero Beam. He can shoot this move off multiple times. The Hyper beam can also rip through shields, like Zelda/Sheik's light Arrow Final smash. The Hyper Beam is the Best choice of weapon for a strong Dragon-type Pokemon, like Dragonite.

Dragonite could also attack by using Ice punch for a basic melee attack. This move will create less damage than Charizard's attack,but it reaches higher and farther than a single Charizard attack damage. Due to his heavier weight, Dragonite is a harder opponent to K.O than Charizard (He takes less knockback).

I would also like to add on that Dragonite's defense moves act like Fox's Reflector. A great example of self defense is in the case of when an opponent launches an item at Dragonite. When Tornado can't be used as fast, Dragonite always has the option of doing this:

I've also decided to bring out the big Guns when it came to upgrading Dragonite's SPEED and AGILITY. This was quite tricky, despite the fact that Dragonite is a heavyweight character. I had to completely rethink the whole status report over again. Here is my final result: Dragonite will have Super Sonic Flight, Just like Fox's dash attack, and Dragonite will also get the ability to attack twice as fast as a Charizard attack. Here is is great GIF to demonstrate his speed:

All images of Dragonite and his moves are copyright of Nintendo, GameFreak, and the Pokemon Company. No copyright Infringement intended by this post. 2015 Nintendo copyright. Also, credit goes to http://www.models-resource.com/wii_u/supersmashbrosforwiiu/model/10501/

So, what do you think? Please post your feedback, and what you would change, below! I am open for suggestions on how to make Dragonite a better character to add to Super Smash Bros.

Also, I could use the help to get Dragonite added as an Official DLC Character for Super smash bros 3DS/Wii-U, so please support me when you can. I greatly appreciate all comments that are positive and campaigning for Dragonite. I really think I stand a greater chance of getting my DLC wish granted, than losing it. I will not give up, and I will fight to the very end. defeat is not a Dragon's option, Victory is however! So, please leave your support on my Dragonite DLC page.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
moveset is meh, extreme speed is already lucario's up special and dragon rush is a charizard custom.

I don't think Dragonite deserves to be in, but I can't lie, he is badass :p

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Dragonite could match Charizard's movies with his own. I will be open to suggestions to change any moves.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Dragonite would make Sakurai consider really hard. I mean, Dragonite is a Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon with great buildup, and physique.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I'd just like to point out that, in the games, Dragonite is actually a lot heavier than Charizard. So the fact that you'd consider him to be a lighter character is a little confusing to me.

But, other than that, I like the thought you've put into this! Even though I already support a different character, I still wish you luck!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'd just like to point out that, in the games, Dragonite is actually a lot heavier than Charizard. So the fact that you'd consider him to be a lighter character is a little confusing to me.

But, other than that, I like the thought you've put into this! Even though I already support a different character, I still wish you luck!
Thanks man! I was under the influence that he was lighter. I'll change that.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd love to support Dragonite, but uh, Dragonite's already in the game.
Really wish it wasn't there though, you can add me as a supporter still.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I agree. I just wanted to throw this idea out to the public so that Dragonite could receive more attention. I just really want him as a playable character, that's all. Dragonite is a cool NPC after all. Sakurai was generous enough to put him in the background at least. i only wish he was a playable fighter though.

Also, i need to add the fact that Dragonite is already a trophy you can obtain on the Wii-u, so he should definitely receive an Amiibo for his character. I mean, Charizard got it, right? SO why not Dragonite? I feel obliged to change his moveset, and i also would be happy to accept more feedback from my folowers. @ Zerp Zerp , you are a great supporter to have around, so I wanted to say thanks. Anywho, please make sure you give me some positive feedback, and you leave a comment about what i should do to attract more supporters attention.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
While I don't think he'll get in, some of his moves could be:
Twister or Hurricane (a projectile that carries people forward in a tornado while damaging them)
Blizzard (a wave of snow that can freeze higher percent enemies)
Sky Drop (maybe a command grab that throws enemies down in the air)
Giga Impact (a powerful move that can kill early but has heavy endlag)
Draco Meteor (a power blast is thrown upward that splits into small blast that shoot down and gets weaker each use)

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
DeDeDe appears in Dream Land 64.

Dragonite is badass, I'd love to have it be a Charizard clone which would replace Charizard in *cough*Smash5*cough*.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
While I don't think he'll get in, some of his moves could be:
Twister or Hurricane (a projectile that carries people forward in a tornado while damaging them)
Blizzard (a wave of snow that can freeze higher percent enemies)
Sky Drop (maybe a command grab that throws enemies down in the air)
Giga Impact (a powerful move that can kill early but has heavy endlag)
Draco Meteor (a power blast is thrown upward that splits into small blast that shoot down and gets weaker each use)
Wow! This is a really REALLY good idea!! I'm gonna get to work on changing this! Thanks! :D

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
You're double and triple posting!

Slow down there!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
The reason that Dragonite needs to be added to super smash bros is that charizard needs a great Dragon-Tupe rival to beat. I mean not to offend any charizard fans out there on the smash bros forums, but charizard needs a rival dragon. Honestly, I mean Dragonite has fought charizard ever since Pokemon FireRed came out for Generation 1. Please support me

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Dragonite could prove a major standpoint for all Pokemon. After all, he has received multiple Anime showings as a main protagonist, and a side character as well. Most importantly, Dragonite would make a great Amiibo, because he already is a smash bros trophy

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
To be fair, Dragonite deserves popularity because he has received multiple distributions around stores worldwide, and he has been talked about only by a handful of people that support him. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please say that they will sponsor Dragonite for super smash bros. P.S, I am open to changing his move suggestions, and his power level as well. Please follow me if you are a Dragonite fan.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
...why. just hope for him in pokken. also slow down for your own sake.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
DeDeDe appears in Dream Land 64.

Dragonite is badass, I'd love to have it be a Charizard clone which would replace Charizard in *cough*Smash5*cough*.
Woah Woah WOAH!

What did the Zard ever do to you?!

...holy hell I just found my new avatar.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Ok? Sheesh! I just like Dragonite more than charizard, that is all. No offense intended to hurt any charizard fans. I am really trying hard to support Dragonite, and I won't give up till the very end. I do except feedback from everyone, so I will take it easy when somebody comments.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Considering that Dragonite is a heavyweight character, I decided that I will add multiple strength's and weaknesses to even out his playing field . Considering that Dragonite may make it into Smash would make not only my dreams come true, but other Super Smash Bros fans around the world as well.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I wasn't replying to you, it was to a CERTAIN SHIEKA POSER saying that Charizard should be replaced. I'd be fine with Dragonite don't get me wrong but you can't replace the Zard.

Though when it comes to not-Zard dragons, Ridley still has my vote.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I don't normally report people who post multiple times, but I might have too if you don't stop.

This is against Smashboards' rules.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Ok, you got me. I just can't help but say that Dragonite would make an awesome Super Smash Bros DLC fighter, that's all. If you truly like him, then please support him. Mr. Sakurai will possibly consider adding Dragonite for future reference fighters. If not a fighter, then an Amiibo, or a Mii fighter DLC costume. Go Dragonite!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ok, you got me. I just can't help but say that Dragonite would make an awesome Super Smash Bros DLC fighter, that's all. If you truly like him, then please support him. Mr. Sakurai will possibly consider adding Dragonite for future reference fighters. If not a fighter, then an Amiibo, or a Mii fighter DLC costume. Go Dragonite!
You only become one with the amiibo once SoccerGuy has chosen you as a Smash fighter. Anyone else, especially random Pokemon, don't get to be Amiibo. You can be an Amiibo card, but its not the same.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Dang it. I want him to be an Amiibo so badly! Dragonite deserves to be in smash bros because he is a rival of Charizard, and he is about the same physique as him. Dragonite will continue onward to be a legend. He will one day be added, unless personally, Mr.Sakurai says no. I refuse to give up on Dragonite, for without him, Charizard has no rival Dragon-type Pokemon to fight against. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience I may have started. My apologies.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I will work on updating Dragonite's physical and mental status. I might also add that I make some minor/major changes to impress and receive more fans who will ferry me and Dragonite to victory. Once again, I ask that all my Dragonite DLC fans please support me for a vote for Dragonite to be a Super smash bros official fighter. Together, we can make a difference, and possibly make Nintendo a better gaming company. No offense intended. Just showing that Dragonite has the ultimate potential to become a great Super Smash Bros DLC fighter/Amiibo. Also, smash board administrators and staff, I want to say that I enjoy all of your support to, so don't be afraid to help me vote for Dragonite.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'd appreciate it if you edited your posts instead of posting more posts. It made me think there was more Dragonite support than it seemed. Don't do that to me man! (Insert picture of something crying here)

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Dragonite is popular enough to warrant a full character out of him. There are a lot more deserving candidates. Heck, there are even more deserving Pokemon candidates.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Magikarpow, I know you can be better than that. I refuse to give up, and I will continue to vote for Dragonite to be. A DLC fighter, until Mr. Sakurai says yes or no to my idea for DLC. At minimum, Dragonitw should be at least recognized as a Mii fighter DLC costume, or an Amiibo, or the privilege of a DLC fighter.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Magikarpow, I know you can be better than that. I refuse to give up, and I will continue to vote for Dragonite to be. A DLC fighter, until Mr. Sakurai says yes or no to my idea for DLC. At minimum, Dragonitw should be at least recognized as a Mii fighter DLC costume, or an Amiibo, or the privilege of a DLC fighter.
Everyone has their own favorite pokemon. Just because one person enjoys Dragonite a lot doesn't really mean they should get in.
Dragonite hasn't been relevant in a long time. If we was given a Mega evolution it would make him a bit more important again, but he... just isn't a important pokemon.

Sakurai stated himself the rest of the roster is going to be fanservice, meaning only very popular characters will get in.
Besides, he's too similar to Charizard already.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Dang it. I want him to be an Amiibo so badly! Dragonite deserves to be in smash bros because he is a rival of Charizard, and he is about the same physique as him. Dragonite will continue onward to be a legend. He will one day be added, unless personally, Mr.Sakurai says no. I refuse to give up on Dragonite, for without him, Charizard has no rival Dragon-type Pokemon to fight against. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience I may have started. My apologies.
Dragonite isn't the rival to Charizard...
Just because they are both first gen dragons don't mean they are rivals. If anything Charizard's "rivals" are Blastoise, Venusaur, and other Fire Starters.
Also Dragonite will not get an amiibo unless he is a fighter (very unlikely) or there is a Pokemon series of Amiibo (still unlikely).

Top Bottom