• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So I got Joker 2 last Friday and oh my god this game is like crack or something.

I got Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 on my Gameboy color aaaaall the way back in 2001, and it was one of my favorite games, and is STILL one of my favorite games. If you like Dragon Quest and/or Pokemon, you will more than likely enjoy Dragon Warrior Monsters. I didn't ever play the first as I didn't know about it, but it's fairly different from 2. Bottom line? Play 2.

ANYWAY. After telling 3 of my friends about it (they all ended up playing and beating it), I was reminded Joker 2 came out recently, and had some spare money, so I picked it up.

It was everything I hoped for and more.

Seriously, it's like Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, but straight improvements. Breeding was already amazing in DWM2 (better than Pokemon's by a long shot in my opinion), and they took it, added traits (passive abilities attached to monsters by a case by case basis) and skill trees (The same type of skill trees that can be found in Dragon Quest IX) and made synthesizing. Breeding, only better. Monsters found in the wild have a max level of 50. However, once bred, they get a +1, and their max level is increased. Through continuous breeding, the + goes up, and their max level as well. Synthesis is also free.

The system doesn't use male and female, like DWM2 does, and instead uses charges. Positive, Negative, and Neutral. Positive monsters can be combined with Negative monsters, and Neutrals with either. Once you choose your two monsters, you're given three possible choices as the result. Once you choose the monster of the three, you then pick 3 skill trees. The monster comes with its own skill tree you can pick, and you can pick from any other skill tree from the monsters that are being combined. Not only do you get the skill tree, but you ALSO get half of the skill points in that tree from the start.

I just really love Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. And I highly recommend Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 as well as Joker 2.

Seriously, they're both amazing.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I got DQMJ when it first came out and had a lot of fun with it. I also got DQMJ2, but i really havent gotten around to playing it much. From what i have played though it is way better than the first one.

Top Bottom