• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon-type Pokemon Fan group

Do you support the Dragon Type Pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Join me, and I will discuss with you the awesome things there are to talk about Pokemon's rarest type, the Dragon Pokemon!
The List of Dragon Pokemon to discuss about is endless! If you join me today, you will have the privilage to speak with me regarding the strength's and weaknesses of Dragon Pokemon, the fundamental aspects of their evolutions, and the amazing anime cutscenes that these Pokemon appeared in on TV! Please feel free to comment. Administrators and moderators are welcome to join as well.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I do like myself some dragon types! After all, my favorite pokémon, flygon, is one! Even though I don't actually have another dragon type in the rest of my top ten favorites it is still like my second or third favorite typing. I always love to discuss pokémon related stuff, so I would be happy to join this group!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I do like myself some dragon types! After all, my favorite pokémon, flygon, is one! Even though I don't actually have another dragon type in the rest of my top ten favorites it is still like my second or third favorite typing. I always love to discuss pokémon related stuff, so I would be happy to join this group!
This is pretty good if you ask me! I support practically any Dragon-type Pokemon. There is one particular Pokemon I like: Dragonite!!!

On the other hand, I will accept any other suggestions or comments pertaining to these amazing, majestical, and powerful Dragons that roam the Pokemon regions. I'll accpet you and FLYGON as a team. Is that ok with you? I'm open for your comments, and I expect that you would like to join as a moderator? I know that I lost Pokken, and super smash bros DLC, but I refuse to give up! I want Nintendo to know that Dragon Pokemon deserve a better rating than what they are now. I'll be sure to comment back here when the time permits, ok? See you then!

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
This is pretty good if you ask me! I support practically any Dragon-type Pokemon. There is one particular Pokemon I like: Dragonite!!!

On the other hand, I will accept any other suggestions or comments pertaining to these amazing, majestical, and powerful Dragons that roam the Pokemon regions. I'll accpet you and FLYGON as a team. Is that ok with you? I'm open for your comments, and I expect that you would like to join as a moderator? I know that I lost Pokken, and super smash bros DLC, but I refuse to give up! I want Nintendo to know that Dragon Pokemon deserve a better rating than what they are now. I'll be sure to comment back here when the time permits, ok? See you then!
Yeah! I would be glad to be a moderator!
Also, I just realized that Flygon and Dragonite have more in common than I though, in that they are both being somewhat neglected by Nintendo. Both of these pokémon would have been great inclusions into smash, but neither got in. Both of them would have been great inclusions into Pokkén, but neither got in. Both are very deserving and needing of a mega evolution, but neither have gotten one. Both are major staples in the video games (Dragonite being the only Gen I dragon, and Flygon being part of the Gen III dragon trio), and yet have been given nothing to keep up with the times. Both are getting forgotten in the past and haven't been given a spotlight or major role in any pokémon game or spinoff for a long time!
I understand your struggle, BoltDragon. Both of our favorite pokémon are not getting the love they deserve and that needs to change!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Yeah! I would be glad to be a moderator!
Also, I just realized that Flygon and Dragonite have more in common than I though, in that they are both being somewhat neglected by Nintendo. Both of these pokémon would have been great inclusions into smash, but neither got in. Both of them would have been great inclusions into Pokkén, but neither got in. Both are very deserving and needing of a mega evolution, but neither have gotten one. Both are major staples in the video games (Dragonite being the only Gen I dragon, and Flygon being part of the Gen III dragon trio), and yet have been given nothing to keep up with the times. Both are getting forgotten in the past and haven't been given a spotlight or major role in any pokémon game or spinoff for a long time!
I understand your struggle, BoltDragon. Both of our favorite pokémon are not getting the love they deserve and that needs to change!
I agree with you on that one! Both FLYGON and Dragonite need some fond Attention in late 2016-2017!!! I would be dis honored if Nintendo failed me again next year, because things are just not the same without these two amazing Pokemon to have around.
I'll be sure to post back here later.

Let me just say this:

These two Dragon Pokemon would make a Great pair of fighters to battle eachother against! Too bad Dragonite is an Supporter Pokemon. If Dragonite were a fighter, I would be absoulutely happy! I'm hopin that Nintendo will consider fixing their mistakes regarding Dragonite, and FLYGON. Life would be much easier then, am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
For sure, but hey! Pokémon Sun and Moon are on the horizon! New megas, new events, and new possibilities for these two dragons! Even if they don't get megas, maybe they could be some important person's signature pokémon or otherwise important to the story. I would be happy with that too. At least for Flygon, Nintendo has never really given him a personality. Flygon is rarely seen in the anime, has never been a part of any of the main characters' teams, and he has had only one major role, which was just him being really cool and saving the day in the Jirachi movie. I honestly don't know whether Flygon was intended to be friendly and helpful, or territorial and aggressive. I have no idea if he is loyal or rebellious, and basically everything I characterize him with is all from my own imagination. I want to know what Nintendo intended Flygon's personality to be like! I just want him to have a major role in something so I can find that out!

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I am so excited to see that Pokemon characters are still getting a chance to become popular again. FLYGON and Dragonite both need to be at the top of the Dragon Pokemon list in my terms, and to see them together side by side, I would be honored to have you as a team member! Look forwards to more entertaining news updates form me when I get some spare time, ok? I'll update my chat room whenever I get done with work. See you then, and good luck to FLYGON and you!:149:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I have two questions for you:
1. What are your favorite pokémon? You can do a top 5, top 6, top 10, or however many you want, but I want to know.
2. Why do you say FLYGON in caps lock? Just curious

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Here is the list in chronological order of my Top 10 Pokemon that I like
10. Electrike
9. Goodra
8. Altaria
7. Haxourus
6. Charizard :006:
5. Arcanine :059:
4. Zoroak
3. Salamence
2. Flygon
1. :149:

Also, the reason that I Use Flygon in Caps is that my computer auto corrects me most of the time.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Oh ok haha. I can't believe that Flygon is actually your second favorite! That is awesome! I will share my top 10: (also I forgot I do have another dragon type in my top 10, Goodra. I really like Goodra too and like Flygon and Dragonite it hasn't gotten any attention either.
1.Flygon
2. Lapras
3. Mawile
4. Steelix
5. Darmanitan
6. Goodra
7. Serperior
8. Gigalith
9. Milotic
10. Charizard

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Hydreigon

I used a Dragonite in gen 1 and a Goodra in gen 6. Didn't really use a dragon other than those.

Wanted to like Goodra, didn't really. It's first 2 forms were so promising. It's not bad though, I happened to fight someone at work who's last pokemon was mega venusaur and ONLY had grass attacks, which my goodra was immune to.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Here's a little something for you guys:

This is what Dragonite is probably thinking about right Now.
This is what he would say to Nintendo represenatives at this very moment: " Sakurai son, Why did I NOT get into Super smash bros, as a PLAYABLE character for once? Grrrh! Bow!! Bow! Bragh. And why did I NOT also make it onto the playable character list for Pokken? Geez Nintendo, you need to take more consideration to my friends and I of the Dragon-type Pokemon. I'm being serious here. Where is Flygon, Salamence, Haxorus, Goodra, and Altaria? Garchomp got lucky enough to to get a spot in Pokken as a playable character, but why not me? It's been too long."

Pretty legit right? I want to hear your opinion on the matter regarding your favorite Dragon-type Pokemon. Be sure to include a picture or an animated Gif to describe their personality, or attributes to Nintendo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty legit right?
I understand you're upset that Dragonite didn't get in Smash or Pokken, but no that was very not legit.

It just reeks of salt, and if you don't learn to accept these things with grace you'll end up turning people away from your cause.

Gotta clean up your act bro.

Anyways, my favorite dragon types are Noivern and Garchomp.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Probably not the best way to go about talking about our favourite pokemon by picturing them ******** to Nintendo...

Either way...Salamence is my second favourite pokemon of all time, while Rayquaza is easily my favourite legendary...Haxorus, Noivern and Tyrantrum are amoung my favourite pokemon also...So yes I like do Dragons....

I'm not that upset that Nintendo doesn't feature them more often (well besides Rayquaza actually) mainly because everyone of us has our own favourites and not everyone can have their favourite pokemon featured as often as others...that's the beauty of pokemon, we all have our fave's that we all grew attached to in our own way...their exposure doesn't matter cuz for some of us our favourites are determined through other means...

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Probably not the best way to go about talking about our favourite pokemon by picturing them ******** to Nintendo...

Either way...Salamence is my second favourite pokemon of all time, while Rayquaza is easily my favourite legendary...Haxorus, Noivern and Tyrantrum are amoung my favourite pokemon also...So yes I like do Dragons....

I'm not that upset that Nintendo doesn't feature them more often (well besides Rayquaza actually) mainly because everyone of us has our own favourites and not everyone can have their favourite pokemon featured as often as others...that's the beauty of pokemon, we all have our fave's that we all grew attached to in our own way...their exposure doesn't matter cuz for some of us our favourites are determined through other means...
I understand you're upset that Dragonite didn't get in Smash or Pokken, but no that was very not legit.

It just reeks of salt, and if you don't learn to accept these things with grace you'll end up turning people away from your cause.

Gotta clean up your act bro.

Anyways, my favorite dragon types are Noivern and Garchomp.

Well, I can explain why I'm complaining right now. Things are unfair, and I understand that, but Nintendo is currently ruining my dreams of Ever seeing a Dragon Pokemon like Dragonite, get his chance in the spotlight. No other Pokemon could top him in my terms, and he is the Only Dragon-type Pokemon that I defend for being Neglected by Nintendo for too long. I'll clean up my act once I see some improvement with the company. Seriously though, it just makes me angry to see that Nintendo said NO to Dragonite once again. Honestly, it's been way too long since Nintendo gave him some popularity, I'm just being honest as possible.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, I can explain why I'm complaining right now. Things are unfair, and I understand that, but Nintendo is currently ruining my dreams of Ever seeing a Dragon Pokemon like Dragonite, get his chance in the spotlight. No other Pokemon could top him in my terms, and he is the Only Dragon-type Pokemon that I defend for being Neglected by Nintendo for too long. I'll clean up my act once I see some improvement with the company. Seriously though, it just makes me angry to see that Nintendo said NO to Dragonite once again. Honestly, it's been way too long since Nintendo gave him some popularity, I'm just being honest as possible.
Maybe it's because Dragonite isn't as popular as other choices they have
Maybe it's because Dragonite isn't as unique as other choices they have
Maybe it's because Dragonite isn't from a new gen (Smash)
Maybe it's because Dragonite was seen as a good choice for an assist, which mean they acknowledge him, as Pachurisu was confirmed to be considered before becoming an assist (Pokken)
Maybe it's Maybelline
EDIT: Also, 'way too long since they gave Dragonite the spotlight' is false. It got a big role in the anime as Iris had one

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Maybe it's because Dragonite was seen as a good choice for an assist, which mean they acknowledge him, as Pachurisu was confirmed to be considered before becoming an assist (Pokken)
Maybe it's Maybelline
EDIT: Also, 'way too long since they gave Dragonite the spotlight' is false. It got a big role in the anime as Iris had one
Nobody seems to care about Dragonite anymore, I just don't get why. Nintendo, and every other fans who seems to dislike Dragonite hates me right now at this point. Even though Dragonite is super unlikely to win a major spot in Pokemon, I for one, refuse to give up my fight to gain him a possible position as a main Fighter/character in the Pokemon franchise. No longer am I going to be alone, because I will recruit some friends online, and I will keep fighting for what I beleive is rightfully the good thing to do for Nintendo and it's fans. Currently, I'm at the bottom tier, but one day, I will get my dreams grated, I just know it. It may take me as long as possible, but still, life has many surprises, and many happy endings after long battles of dissapointment and loss. Defeat is not the end, it is only the beginning for me. I'm being serious, and I'm not trolling.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nobody seems to care about Dragonite anymore, I just don't get why. Nintendo, and every other fans who seems to dislike Dragonite hates me right now at this point. Even though Dragonite is super unlikely to win a major spot in Pokemon, I for one, refuse to give up my fight to gain him a possible position as a main Fighter/character in the Pokemon franchise. No longer am I going to be alone, because I will recruit some friends online, and I will keep fighting for what I beleive is rightfully the good thing to do for Nintendo and it's fans. Currently, I'm at the bottom tier, but one day, I will get my dreams grated, I just know it. It may take me as long as possible, but still, life has many surprises, and many happy endings after long battles of dissapointment and loss. Defeat is not the end, it is only the beginning for me. I'm being serious, and I'm not trolling.
People don't hate you because they don't like Dragonite, but because how almost all your posts are seen as 'WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANT! THE COMPANY NINTENDO, KONAMI AND ANYONE ELSE WORKING ON THIS DISAPPOINTED ME!'. The issue isn't you trying to support Dragonite, but how you handle it. It reeks of fanboyism, especially as the Konami part was something you genuinely said. I know a Daisy fan. He acted very similar, and lots of people hated Daisy solely because of that person. If you change your attitude, then people won't hate you. Not to mention I think I know another problem. You're EXPECTING your favourite to get all the attention. What made Greninja's Smash reveal so hype to me? I didn't expect my favourite Pokemon to appear in Smash. I REALLY wanted Aggron and the hint they gave to Chandelure also applied to Aggron. I was disappointed, yes, but I shrugged it off, as I decided to look at what I got, not what I wanted. And again, the fact Dragonite is an Assist means that they acknowledged him, but simply not the way you wanted. Not many pokemon are like Dragonite, as he has 2 roles in Pokken

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly, you're making it sound like Nintendo and TPC are bad companies simply because they don't show more of your favourite pokemon...Do you understand how childish that sounds?

If you want to gain support for the pokemon so you can hopefully see more of it in the future, try to focus on winning people over instead of complaining that he's not being featured more, and complaining about how the companies involved are disappointing for not doing it...it really puts people off of the character you support when you whine about it's lack of support as opposed to actually speaking positively about the character you love...

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Maybe it's Maybelline
People don't hate you because they don't like Dragonite, but because how almost all your posts are seen as 'WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANT! THE COMPANY NINTENDO, KONAMI AND ANYONE ELSE WORKING ON THIS DISAPPOINTED ME!'. The issue isn't you trying to support Dragonite, but how you handle it. It reeks of fanboyism, especially as the Konami part was something you genuinely said. I know a Daisy fan. He acted very similar, and lots of people hated Daisy solely because of that person. If you change your attitude, then people won't hate you. Not to mention I think I know another problem. You're EXPECTING your favourite to get all the attention. What made Greninja's Smash reveal so hype to me? I didn't expect my favourite Pokemon to appear in Smash. I REALLY wanted Aggron and the hint they gave to Chandelure also applied to Aggron. I was disappointed, yes, but I shrugged it off, as I decided to look at what I got, not what I wanted. And again, the fact Dragonite is an Assist means that they acknowledged him, but simply not the way you wanted. Not many pokemon are like Dragonite, as he has 2 roles in Pokken
Honestly, you're making it sound like Nintendo and TPC are bad companies simply because they don't show more of your favourite pokemon...Do you understand how childish that sounds?

If you want to gain support for the pokemon so you can hopefully see more of it in the future, try to focus on winning people over instead of complaining that he's not being featured more, and complaining about how the companies involved are disappointing for not doing it...it really puts people off of the character you support when you whine about it's lack of support as opposed to actually speaking positively about the character you love...
You guys are seriously messed up. I'm being realistic here! I should just be lucky enough to even support Nintendo right now, because of the poor selection of characters they are choosing to go by. You will see why they made that Mistake. I'm still dissapointed, ad I probably will always be. I'm not whining anymore, Now I'm just ANGRY. I had the chance to make everyone notice that Dragonite is cool and that he deserves more attention, but what do I get? Nothing. Nothing but a bunch of Angry fans who Doubt me, tell me to calm down, and move on to another pokemon. Sheesh. All I want is for this year of 2016 to go well with Pokemon, but so far, Nintendo's chances in my opinion, are sliding down the drain pipe. I mean no offense to them, but I'm critiquing them for their personal choices. Lone behold, If I lose, I beleive that Nintendo is making the poor Decisons, and it affects the gaming community. Just Look around the Internet, and find all of those other 10's of 1,000,000's of people who support this Pokemon. Now, there are even fewer people who support him because of the blunder Nintendo made. I guarentee that in the future if this keeps up, Nintendo will lose even more fans. For now, I still support Nintendo, but I'm hanging from a thread right now with my gaming life.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You guys are seriously messed up. I'm being realistic here! I should just be lucky enough to even support Nintendo right now, because of the poor selection of characters they are choosing to go by. You will see why they made that Mistake. I'm still dissapointed, ad I probably will always be. I'm not whining anymore, Now I'm just ANGRY. I had the chance to make everyone notice that Dragonite is cool and that he deserves more attention, but what do I get? Nothing. Nothing but a bunch of Angry fans who Doubt me, tell me to calm down, and move on to another pokemon. Sheesh. All I want is for this year of 2016 to go well with Pokemon, but so far, Nintendo's chances in my opinion, are sliding down the drain pipe. I mean no offense to them, but I'm critiquing them for their personal choices. Lone behold, If I lose, I beleive that Nintendo is making the poor Decisons, and it affects the gaming community. Just Look around the Internet, and find all of those other 10's of 1,000,000's of people who support this Pokemon. Now, there are even fewer people who support him because of the blunder Nintendo made. I guarentee that in the future if this keeps up, Nintendo will lose even more fans. For now, I still support Nintendo, but I'm hanging from a thread right now with my gaming life.
'you guys are messed up'
'Nintendo will lose even more fans'
You know what. I tried. I tried being civil to you. But no, your unhealthy obsession has blinded you from reality. Instead of being reasonable and realizing nobody ****ing cares as much as you, you instead insult us. We tried to help you out, but if you're going to act like a ****ing baby, all you're doing is confirmed you're nothing but a troll. From now on, I shall never, ever use a dragonite, because if you're supposed to be a fan who cares, I'd rather not be involved. Have fun with fairy types

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So what I'm getting out of this is that Nintendo are supposedly going down the drain because they and the Pokemon Company aren't focusing on one guy's favourite Pokemon out of... Over 700 of them. This also apparently affects gaming as a whole.
Right.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
...Well that escalated quickly.

Let's get back to the matter at hand.

My favorite Dragon-type Pokémon is Rayquaza, by a longshot, both by design and by battling prowess.

Cool snake-like creatures have always fascinated me the most out of anything else. There's just always something intimidating about a giant serpent that makes me love them.

Let's take a minute to bask at Rayquaza's stats. Base 150 in both offenses means that it will hit hard on both sides of the spectrum, and combining that with its massive attacking movepool, Rayquaza has a plethora of options available for it. Base 95 speed is good enough for it to outspeed certain Pokémon and take them out, but at the same time it's not fast enough to outspeed other faster threats that can take it out. It's kind of a perfect balance to me, and its speed can even be boosted by Dragon Dance, one of my favorite boosting moves. While not impressively bulky, base 105/90/90 defenses are enough to allow Rayquaza to take certain neutral hits. Looking past the 4x weakness to Ice and weakness to Stealth Rock, Dragon/Flying is an amazing offensive typing, allowing its STAB moves to tear a hole into every type in the game for at least neutral damage, except for Steel.

Need I also mention Rayquaza's impressive Mega Evolution? I like to compare it to Deoxys-A, because they both have the second-highest base offenses in the game at a base 180. Unlike Deoxys-A, however, Mega Rayquaza has better offensive and defensive coverage with its typing and a hell of a lot more bulk, but with less speed. Delta Stream further improves Mega Rayquaza's bulk, as it removes its weakness to Rock, makes it resist Electric, and lessens its weakness to Ice. The best part about it would HAVE to be the fact that it doesn't require a Mega Stone! As such, Mega Rayquaza can go into battle holding any item it wants... Life Orb, Choice items, hell even Leftovers or a Rocky Helmet if you want to go bulky. Mega Rayquaza is probably the closest thing to a "perfect" Pokémon that this series has at this point, ever since RBY Mewtwo, I say.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think some of my brain cells died reading through whatever the hell was going on here. Ah well...

This is my favorite Dragon Pokemon:

"But wait!" Many of you may say, "Sure, Mega Ampharos is Electric/Dragon, but isn't Ampharos a pure Electric type?" Why... Yes it is.

But look at the mullet! The hair! It's looks like it came straight out of a hair metal band! And I can't say no to that! It's beautiful!

I think we can all make an exception this one time.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Uh oh...you pissed off Anna...now get ready for some 'deep cuts'...
'you guys are messed up'
'Nintendo will lose even more fans'
You know what. I tried. I tried being civil to you. But no, your unhealthy obsession has blinded you from reality. Instead of being reasonable and realizing nobody ****ing cares as much as you, you instead insult us. We tried to help you out, but if you're going to act like a ****ing baby, all you're doing is confirmed you're nothing but a troll. From now on, I shall never, ever use a dragonite, because if you're supposed to be a fan who cares, I'd rather not be involved. Have fun with fairy types
but now its my turn...
1) You're seriously overstating Dragonite's popularity...yes it is a popular pokemon don't get me wrong...but so are many others from the earlier generations...the way you're describing it its as if the devs didn't add Pikachu to the game or something...Even then Nintendo and TPC are not going to lose boatloads of fans like you say
2) I'm starting to get the feeling you don't have any understanding how character selection works in fighting games...
3) you are completely missing what Anna and I are trying to tell you, if you want to be taken seriously you're failing miserably...
4) I thought this thread was about how we love dragon type pokemon, not 'Nintendo ****ed up by not making Dragonite more popular'...
5) it is seriously getting exhausting having to deal with this almost every time you post...this sort of attitude you're showing and your reactions towards people who are TRYING TO HELP YOU is how you end up losing potential supporters for your character and ends up being more damaging than anything....

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Well that escalated quickly.

Let's get back to the matter at hand.

My favorite Dragon-type Pokémon is Rayquaza, by a longshot, both by design and by battling prowess.

Cool snake-like creatures have always fascinated me the most out of anything else. There's just always something intimidating about a giant serpent that makes me love them.

Let's take a minute to bask at Rayquaza's stats. Base 150 in both offenses means that it will hit hard on both sides of the spectrum, and combining that with its massive attacking movepool, Rayquaza has a plethora of options available for it. Base 95 speed is good enough for it to outspeed certain Pokémon and take them out, but at the same time it's not fast enough to outspeed other faster threats that can take it out. It's kind of a perfect balance to me, and its speed can even be boosted by Dragon Dance, one of my favorite boosting moves. While not impressively bulky, base 105/90/90 defenses are enough to allow Rayquaza to take certain neutral hits. Looking past the 4x weakness to Ice and weakness to Stealth Rock, Dragon/Flying is an amazing offensive typing, allowing its STAB moves to tear a hole into every type in the game for at least neutral damage, except for Steel.

Need I also mention Rayquaza's impressive Mega Evolution? I like to compare it to Deoxys-A, because they both have the second-highest base offenses in the game at a base 180. Unlike Deoxys-A, however, Mega Rayquaza has better offensive and defensive coverage with its typing and a hell of a lot more bulk, but with less speed. Delta Stream further improves Mega Rayquaza's bulk, as it removes its weakness to Rock, makes it resist Electric, and lessens its weakness to Ice. The best part about it would HAVE to be the fact that it doesn't require a Mega Stone! As such, Mega Rayquaza can go into battle holding any item it wants... Life Orb, Choice items, hell even Leftovers or a Rocky Helmet if you want to go bulky. Mega Rayquaza is probably the closest thing to a "perfect" Pokémon that this series has at this point, ever since RBY Mewtwo, I say.
Hell I'd probably argue Mega Rayquaza better than RBY Mewtwo.
Say what you want, but at least Gen I Mewtwo didn't kill the metagame.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Hell I'd probably argue Mega Rayquaza better than RBY Mewtwo.
Say what you want, but at least Gen I Mewtwo didn't kill the metagame.
That actually make sense. Mega Rayquaza proved to be so powerful that it received its own tier.

Mewtwo could at least be reasonably dealt with in Gen 1 with a Pokémon with high Special like Chansey or maybe Alakazam.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Double/ Triple Posting is Not Allowed.
I'm sorry that I overreacted to the situation here, but I believe that Nintendo should add him, that's all. I just wanted a game with :149: and all other Dragon Type Pokemon as playable characters, but Nintendo refused, and so did The Pokemon company. I understand life is full of dissapointment, but there should be no reason for Pokemon to be made NPC's over and over again.

Ahem. It is to my understanding that Dragon Pokemon are rare, so I give credit to Nintendo, and the Pokemon company for selections Garchomp for Pokken, but I say that I still expect better from Nintendo in the future. Dragonite, and every single Dragon Pokemon are a special kind of Pokemon that will never see anybody made unhappy. Hands down, the best type their is to offer.

Last edited:

papertoonz

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry that I overreacted to the situation here, but I believe that Nintendo should add him, that's all. I just wanted a game with :149: and all other Dragon Type Pokemon as playable characters, but Nintendo refused, and so did The Pokemon company. I understand life is full of dissapointment, but there should be no reason for Pokemon to be made NPC's over and over again.

Ahem. It is to my understanding that Dragon Pokemon are rare, so I give credit to Nintendo, and the Pokemon company for selections Garchomp for Pokken, but I say that I still expect better from Nintendo in the future. Dragonite, and every single Dragon Pokemon are a special kind of Pokemon that will never see anybody made unhappy. Hands down, the best type their is to offer.
if the game was just filled with dragon types then the roster wouldn't be interesting, people already don't like how there is 4 fire types

as for the topic

Sceptile is my favorite Pokemon and seeing how he gets the dragon type when mega evolved i guess mega Sceptile is my favorite dragon type Pokemon

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Ok, so back to topic for now, I would like to state that there is an entire list of Dragon-Pokemon that are either outclassed by ice types, or by power usage. Not to worry though, because this list had some positive affects too.

For example:

Dragonite:149: is the fastest Dragon-type Pokemon ever. It is as fast as Commercial airplane, and can fly so fast, that he breaks the sound barrier.

Flygon, Garchomp, Salamence, Altaria, Goodra, Haxorous are great selections of Dragon Pokemon fro New or Experience players of the Pokemon Franchise. If I had to anything onto that fact, I would take away the weakness of Fairy-type Pokemon, because Fairy type Pokemon are extremely overpowered when facing a Dragon. Other than that, I will explain in a later post about why I support Dragonite. If you have any questions regarding Dragonite, or any other Dragon-type Pokemon you see, then please contact BoltDragon BoltDragon , and send me a message or conversation that you would like to chat.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't mind Dragon types. Garchomp is in fact my favorite one out there. Maybe Goodra if it would of been a secondary Fairy-type. I'd also like to see a Dragon type that isn't reptilian dragon-like in appearance. Like a weasel-dragon or like a chicken-dragon cockatrice thing.

BoltDragon BoltDragon , real talk here but the way you carry yourself around is, to me, kind of depressing. I get you care about Dragonite but the way you are going about it is way to serious. Like announcing your updates, plans for your movement, and what I assume will be a forth-coming manifesto. Don't go and stifle conversation and debate by being inflexible and too "official". I read the paragraphs and paragraphs you write and I think "why the flying **** should I or anyone else care?" It really turns people away and then you wonder why no one posts positively in your little social group and this thread. It would of been better if the first post was like something like:

"Hey, does anyone like Dragon-type Pokemon? My favorite is Dragonite. What's yours? Let's talk about Dragon-types!"

But instead, I feel like I have to fill out a membership document, pass the intitiation rites, join Fairy and Ice hate groups, and share your inflamed passion for alleged discrimination against Dragonite and other Dragon-types. ****, Toxicroack and Hawlucha, my all time favorites didn't get into the game and I'm not salty about it.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I waited to even view this thread because I knew this would happen. Kinda funny/sad/creepy.

My favorite dragon type is probably Giratina. I am a huge fan of its design and Ghost/Dragon is probably the coolest typing that will ever exist.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Alright, If you want be to be less slaty, then please at least let me enjoy my final moments of acknowledging Dragonite and all of my other favorite Dragon-type Pokeon that really never get a chance to shine in the spotlight.

After all, I understand you have authority over me, and my Decisons that I make, but please, give me some time to think about Nintendo and their games. It's just that I'm extremely irritated, and I know that you get this, but what you don't see, is the fact that Dragonite, and most of the Dragon Pokeon have been way overlooked as too rare, and weak from Ice-type Pokemon. This is why Most people prefer to use Ice Pokeon to win a tournament or championship, am I right?

Anywho, I will stop my complaining and ***, but You'l, have't to acknowledge that even though I'm low tier, I refuse to give up on in the fight for supporting Dragonite. He just seems like he need the attention, that's all. I will explain why he and his followers Dragon Pokeon need more attention from TPC and Nintendo. You will see my true reasoning. Comments are greatly appreciated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
After some thinking, I've decided to close this thread.

After all, it says fan group right in the title. That's what Social Groups are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom