• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Quest Spirits Leaked

Dragon_Quest_Spirits.jpg

It seems Nintendo forgot to cast Holy Protection before updating their servers, as a handful of Dragon Quest spirits have been found in Nintendo’s Spirits Database. These are images that are used whenever a new Spirit Board event is announced, and it seems some spirits for Dragon Quest have been archived.

These were found by messing around with Nintendo’s URLs to find various images of spirits. Keep in mind that we don't know exactly how long many of these images have been up for, or if these are all the Dragon Quest spirits we will be getting. Regardless, their presence shows that the Hero is just about ready to launch.

Before going into more detail, I feel I should throw out the obvious Spoiler Warning! Not only for the spirits that will be coming with the Hero, but for spoilers of the series itself, particularly for Dragon Quest XI, as it seems Sakurai is still not one to shy away from minor character-related spoilers in Smash Bros.

The list of spirits confirmed so far is as follows: (EDIT: The Spirit links have since been taken down, no doubt due to them becoming wide spread, so none of the links below work.)

-Slime

-King Slime

-Great Sabercub

-Great Sabercat

-Golem

-Dracky

-Cetacea

-Dragon Quest XI Party Members

The Spirit for the party of Dragon Quest XI apparently has a particularly notable character in it who might not be common knowledge, so if you're still hoping on remaining completely spoiler-free for Dragon Quest XI, you might want to pass on using the DLC Spirit Board before getting far into the game, or before the Switch port.

Interestingly, the Spirits for the monsters use Akira Toriyama's original drawings of them rather than the updated renders seen in later games, which is a nice touch.

Author’s Note: It seems the Hero is coming very soon, between this and several other tidbits of information sprinkled around recently. What do you think of this? Is the Hero coming this week? Or maybe EVO? Are there any particular spirits you feel are absent? The lack of spirits from 8 is a bit disappointing for me, but it's great that we're even getting any after Final Fantasy got shafted. Let us know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Kyle "Fenriraga" Hurley

Comments

Dammit. I literally just bought the game. I guess I’m staying away from the dlc board for a bit
I don't know what Sakurai's obsession is with making sure to bring at least one major-ish spoiler along for almost every RPG he adds to Smash, haha.

I don't know what Sakurai's obsession is with making sure to bring at least one major-ish spoiler along for almost every RPG he adds to Smash, haha.
I don't know. I think Sakurai is a RPG fanboy because he has sure added a lot of RPG characters in Smash since Smash 4 came out.

Seems to be less for Hero than there was for Joker. Also some of them seem capable of enhancing. I wonder there's more we can't see.

It seems Nintendo forgot to cast Holy Protection before updating their servers, as a handful of Dragon Quest spirits have been found in Nintendo’s Spirits Database. These are images that are used whenever a new Spirit Board event is announced, and it seems some spirits for Dragon Quest have been archived.

These were found by messing around with Nintendo’s URLs to find various images of spirits. Keep in mind that we don't know exactly how long many of these images have been up for, or if these are all the Dragon Quest spirits we will be getting. Regardless, their presence shows that the Hero is just about ready to launch.

Before going into more detail, I feel I should throw out the obvious Spoiler Warning! Not only for the spirits that will be coming with the Hero, but for spoilers of the series itself, particularly for Dragon Quest XI, as it seems Sakurai is still not one to shy away from minor character-related spoilers in Smash Bros.

The list of spirits confirmed so far is as follows:

-Slime

-King Slime

-Great Sabercub

-Great Sabercat

-Golem

-Dracky

-Cetacea

-Dragon Quest XI Party Members

The Spirit for the party of Dragon Quest XI apparently has a particularly notable character in it who might not be common knowledge, so if you're still hoping on remaining completely spoiler-free for Dragon Quest XI, you might want to pass on using the DLC Spirit Board before getting far into the game, or before the Switch port.

Interestingly, the Spirits for the monsters use Akira Toriyama's original drawings of them rather than the updated renders seen in later games, which is a nice touch.

Author’s Note: It seems the Hero is coming very soon, between this and several other tidbits of information sprinkled around recently. What do you think of this? Is the Hero coming this week? Or maybe EVO? Are there any particular spirits you feel are absent? The lack of spirits from 8 is a bit disappointing for me, but it's great that we're even getting any after Final Fantasy got shafted. Let us know what you think in the comments!
Weird that there’s no spirit for the other heroes in the Final Smash. About as weird as the summons on the Midgar stage not having spirits.

For the looks of it, we might get enhanceable DLC spirits. Neat!

... That means we can have a Grunty spirit that can be enhanced to skeleton Grunty from Tooie, right? RIGHT??

For the looks of it, we might get enhanceable DLC spirits. Neat!

... That means we can have a Grunty spirit that can be enhanced to skeleton Grunty from Tooie, right? RIGHT??
I think Grunty's enhanced spirit would be Hag 1 from Tooie. But... I wouldn't mind if it was hot Grunty from the game over cutscene from Banjo-Kazooie. :love:

Last edited:
While I am happy to see this list, that can’t be all of them. Especially considering that there will be Fighter posters for each alt costume plus I am sure we will see spirits of the protags in the FS.

Personally, I also would love to see more Spirits of the monsters. Like the Skeeton, Werewolf, Chaemera, and Dragonlord.

The Spirit images have been taken down, the links no longer work

IT’S HAPPENING!
Why? Doesn't it just mean they caught up with the situation and are doing damage control? How does this mean it's happening? Or that it's near for that matter?

Sorry for the load of questions. :p

the wild ride begins

once again

honestly like, I do wonder by the end of this game how many spirits there'll be compared to launch

D
Hopefully this means that the music selection will rock too.

My fingers are crossed just to see War Cry from DQ8 added in Smash.

Top Bottom