• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Bair is really good for shutting out or trading with most of doc's kit. Don't challenge jab down smash. Doc generally wants to try to force you off the ground by using pills. Then his approach becomes a lot easier because he can use up air and just generally has a lot more control approaching. Pills have very specific arches which can be countered and moved around. If you get pushed to the corner, don't feel afraid to just use platforms and take your time to get back to center. Doc doesn't have a lot to kill you with in the air besides fair he doesn't really have any good kill confirms besides off of grab, so being more aerial at higher percents is pretty good. Turnips are good against him. You need to not throw at the same times, so that you can bait out capes and come in with fc aerials. Doc's recovery from far away is exploitable. Try to punish cape or down b or pill.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Move around them, bair, dash attack, f tilt, turnips, nair. You can also get under him when he shoots them if he full hops.

totesmagotes

Smash Cadet
Nice! I ran into a really good Dr. Mario on netplay recently, and those pills and his back-air/fairs were really tripping me up. I know I have the advantage in this matchup, but I just don't run into Dr. Mario's very often.

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
Anyone else feeling like theyre running into a lot of Marios/Docs on Slippi? Its funny how I never thought I would have to dedicate too much time to the matchup, but here we are. Something I have to work on is that I used to play spacies, and against spacies Doc is essentially a grappler. Huge combos off throws so your goal is to avoid him getting close. But with Peach it's a completely different game. Mainly avoiding pills and stuffing out Fair/Dsmash

Top Bottom