• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario: Tournament Viable? Possibly.

Is Dr. Mario a tournament viable character?

• Dr. Mario is the definitive choice and Mario should be completely abandoned .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HighlyEducational

Smash Rookie

Is Dr. Mario a tournament viable character? And is it worth taking the time to learn his combos, tricks, and matchups? I will leave this question for you to decide. Of course, feel free to discuss your opinion and participate in the poll.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
-_- Why?

He's decent, but it's worth learning a good secondary to cover his weaknesses. Mario's not a bad pick, but definitely NOT the ideal pick.

D

Deleted member

Hahah <3

Funny you should mention Mario as a secondary because I recently started to pick him up to cover most of Doc's weaknesses. I just don't want it to be seen as though i'm abandoning the bae Doc.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Hahah <3

Funny you should mention Mario as a secondary because I recently started to pick him up to cover most of Doc's weaknesses. I just don't want it to be seen as though i'm abandoning the bae Doc.
Do what you gotta do. But frankly, I don't think Mario is the best at covering Doc's weaknesses. Having relatively limited edgeguarding + lower KO power and fewer KO options on top of the range weakness isn't ideal. But he's not a bad pick at all. I play Mario quite often since things transfer more easily.

D

Deleted member

Yeah i'm aware of that for the most part. Not much to change fundamentally speaking from the two but there is definitely things that Mario is capable of where Doc falls short. I remember asking this specific question to A2ZOMG who also plays Doc and he said that in his opinion ZSS covers his weaknesses quite well.

If I were to really think about it then it'd be someone like Shiek, ZSS, Kirby, Cloud (maybe??). I didn't draw out a whole list here or go thought/time intensive but those are just some examples off the top of my head. What do you think? What's a good character to cover Doc's weaknesses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Yeah i'm aware of that for the most part. Not much to change fundamentally speaking from the two but there is definitely things that Mario is capable of where Doc falls short. I remember asking this specific question to A2ZOMG who also plays Doc and he said that in his opinion ZSS covers his weaknesses quite well.

If I were to really think about it then it'd be someone like Shiek, ZSS, Kirby, Cloud (maybe??). I didn't draw out a whole list here or go thought/time intensive but those are just some examples off the top of my head. What do you think? What's a good character to cover Doc's weaknesses?
I agree that ZSS is a good pick, but would like to add Diddy, Cloud, and Sheik as alternatives. All of them offer speed and range that Doc doesn't have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom