• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Dr. Mario Social Thread - Witches? Dragons?...I've seen worse walk into my office.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Welcome to Dr. Mario's Social Thread. In here, you can discuss everything about the Mario franchise, Dr. Mario himself, his return from Melee, the Dr. Mario games, and moveset questions (with answers). You might as well be off-topic, but keep in mind that Smashboards' global rules still apply in this thread.

Have fun, and enjoy the thread. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
I'm seriously glad Dr.Mario got brought back, I might just main him this time around.

D

Deleted member

Updated with Smash 4 render. Looks great, right?

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO MAKE THE FLUDD CRETINS PERISH

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Holy crap, I never saw his official art until now, looks AWESOME!

Welcome new avatar picture.

Last edited:

Spinach Ops™

Smashtown, Nowhere
NNID
Spinach.Ops
3DS FC
2809-9932-5572
I wonder who (in the staff) first proposed Dr. Mario for Smash 4 . Either way , approved ! Megavitamins for everyone ! :colorful:

Last edited:

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks

Glad to see my main man from melee make his return :D

Last edited:

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Yeah, same. What if Dr. Mario happens to be even better than Mario?
Then ill enjoy using him even more :colorful:

His recovery is for sure even worse than mario's thanks to Doc's cape not having any stall, and vectoring seems hurts both marios' combos, but i still think he has some nice potential with the weird quirks he has that mario doesn't.

D

Deleted member

His recovery is for sure even worse than mario's thanks to Doc's cape not having any stall, and vectoring seems hurts both marios' combos, but i still think he has some nice potential with the weird quirks he has that mario doesn't.
Agreed, I heard some moves have been nerfed but yeah, there's potential for him to be a good character in the game.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

The good news is vectoring can sorta be mitigated by being a bit less reliant on Utilt. Maybe try and use it less after a D-Throw, mix it up with Uairs, Doc can actually offensively CHASE with his drill if someone airdodges, since the last hit has KO move KB, it actually has merit as a chase(in theory, I need to get my hands on this when it comes out)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
At first, I was confused.

And then, I laughed.

I laughed and laughed until I remembered how much I love Doc.

Love this guy. The Doctor is in and he's ready to operate on your damage scores!

D

Deleted member

At first, I was confused.

And then, I laughed.

I laughed and laughed until I remembered how much I love Doc.

Love this guy. The Doctor is in and he's ready to operate on your damage scores!
You said it. xD
inb4 Dr. Luigi appears in Smash 5 as a replacement for Dr. Mario :troll:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Initially, I wondered "why did they bring him back?", despite the fact that I loved Doc in Melee and preferred him over Mario. I even felt a little negative about his inclusion back into the series...

But I jist can't resist the black coat, electricity, megavitamins and the return of the Mahreeoh Tornado, so I welcome his return with open arms!

D

Deleted member

Initially, I wondered "why did they bring him back?", despite the fact that I loved Doc in Melee and preferred him over Mario. I even felt a little negative about his inclusion back into the series...

But I jist can't resist the black coat, electricity, megavitamins and the return of the Mahreeoh Tornado, so I welcome his return with open arms!
Dr. Mario appears to be different than Mario this time around so it made sense to put him in the roster again. He also got a better design now.

I made this in Photoshop. xD

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dr. Mario appears to be different than Mario this time around so it made sense to put him in the roster again. He also got a better design now.

I made this in Photoshop. xD
I genuinely thought he was smiling when I saw his render in the leak. Then I realised he's frowning and I just burst out laughing.

He's just so cuuuute~ <3

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
I genuinely thought he was smiling when I saw his render in the leak. Then I realised he's frowning and I just burst out laughing.

He's just so cuuuute~ <3
lol I honestly wish they made all the Renders more cheerful looking this time around.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
lol I honestly wish they made all the Renders more cheerful looking this time around.
I think it works with his character, though. He seems to be a more serious and robust Mario in terms of personality.

Interesting when you consider his moves are actually just sillier versions of Mario's.

D

Deleted member

He's just so cuuuute~ <3
Maybe because it's a fighting game after all so Dr. Mario has to be prepared. :troll:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
I pretty much can't wait to get my hands back on my old main. I also genuinely laughed since I know @Flight from another forum + skype and here he is now. If I can already have +3 average against my friends with mario in the demo, I'm scared to see what happens when I actually get my hands on stock matches with my real main.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
I think it works with his character, though. He seems to be a more serious and robust Mario in terms of personality.

Interesting when you consider his moves are actually just sillier versions of Mario's.
lol I'd love to hear the dark jokes Doctor Mario would come up with..

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I'm really glad the Doc is back. I couldn't get much from him in melee, since I started to main him just a bit before I stopped playing melee :(

Looking forward to make him my main veteran character here.

D

Deleted member

I'm really glad the Doc is back. I couldn't get much from him in melee, since I started to main him just a bit before I stopped playing melee :(

Looking forward to make him my main veteran character here.
Well, I use Mario in Project M with his Dr. Mario alternate costume, so that could be one of the reasons why I might be maining Doc, but yeah.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Confirmed Fact; Dr. Mario is a clone of Luigi this time around. :4drmario:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Glad to have the ol' Doc back. He'll probably be one of my secondary mains after my primary mains Luigi and Robin the Boy Wonder with a Monotone Voice because I prefer some of his move differences over normal Mario... Plus Dr. Mario is simply styling in this game and he has a nicer blue costume compared to Melee. :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom