• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario/Mario/Luigi Lock

Guide Dr. Mario/Mario/Luigi Lock

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01
tdw0890ops submitted a new guide:

Dr. Mario/Mario/Luigi Lock - How to lock after F-throw

Welcome!
Hi guys! This is tdw0890ops here, and I have learned a new lock technique against

heavy characters, fast-fallers, and people who can't tech. Let me just remind you that

Dr. Mario, Mario, and Luigi can do this. They range at different percents for each

available character. Without further ado, let's begin... (FYI, I did all of this on Training,

so percents can be different when you go online. This lock combo...
Read more about this guide...

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
It might just be an error in how Smashboards is showing up, but it looks like you posted different versions of this guide three times. In case you don't know (again, this very well may be an error) you can just click "post guide update" and get the same effect, without creating multiple guides.

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01
It might just be an error in how Smashboards is showing up, but it looks like you posted different versions of this guide three times. In case you don't know (again, this very well may be an error) you can just click "post guide update" and get the same effect, without creating multiple guides.
Oh really? I didn't know that. I just wanted to spread and I guess that I didn't know how. Thank you for that.
If you don't mind me asking, Was that the reason why you gave this guide a one star? Because if it is, I can change it, I just need to know how.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Oh really? I didn't know that. I just wanted to spread and I guess that I didn't know how. Thank you for that.
If you don't mind me asking, Was that the reason why you gave this guide a one star? Because if it is, I can change it, I just need to know how.
As far as I know, that wasn't me. It could someone who has a similar avatar? If it was somehow me I will try and find some way to fix it; the guide itself is good and shows gives readers exactly what is to be expected of a guide like this.
EDIT: There is no 1-star rateing on any version of this guide; the only rateing is the 4-star review on this one.

Last edited:

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01
As far as I know, that wasn't me. It could someone who has a similar avatar? If it was somehow me I will try and find some way to fix it; the guide itself is good and shows gives readers exactly what is to be expected of a guide like this.
EDIT: There is no 1-star rateing on any version of this guide; the only rateing is the 4-star review on this one.
Oh... I see... Thank you for clearing my confusion... I think... Anyway, I think the only reason that I put up multiple guides up is because I wanted it to spread, I wanted everyone to know how this works. The Mario part could have a bit more explanation...

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Oh... I see... Thank you for clearing my confusion... I think... Anyway, I think the only reason that I put up multiple guides up is because I wanted it to spread, I wanted everyone to know how this works. The Mario part could have a bit more explanation...
Alright, that makes sense. The only thing is that, since they were posted all without other guides by other people in between, it could come off as spam-like. Sorry for the confusion!

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01
Alright, that makes sense. The only thing is that, since they were posted all without other guides by other people in between, it could come off as spam-like. Sorry for the confusion!
Thank you. So again, could you tell me what should I do?

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Thank you. So again, could you tell me what should I do?
In the future, just use the Post Guide Update when one is done; the guide will be moved to the top of the Recent Guides section without filling it up with the same thing. Hopefully SmashBoards will at some point give us an option to set it so a guide can be marked as for more than one character.

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01
In the future, just use the Post Guide Update when one is done; the guide will be moved to the top of the Recent Guides section without filling it up with the same thing. Hopefully SmashBoards will at some point give us an option to set it so a guide can be marked as for more than one character.
I hope so too. Thank you for helping me.

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01
tdw0890ops updated Dr. Mario/Mario/Luigi Lock with a new update entry:

Throw Update

I just learned that Dr. Mario, Mario, and Luigi do different amount of damage when they throw. For example: The damage of Dr. Mario's F-Throw is 8.96%, The damage of Mario's F-Throw is 8%, and Luigi's F-Throw is 9%. Even though the percent differences are little, it can still affect who can be thrown at different percents. For example, Dr. Mario can't F-throw Bowser at 14%, but Luigi can. Thank you for reading this, I just found out about this and I hope that I am correct. As always, have a...
Read the rest of this update entry...

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01

Rage...

Now, If you happen to be at rage percent (100%+) There are going to be some good things and some bad.

Good:
Percent for throwing is lowered, so you don't need to throw, let's say Ganondorf at 14%. You could do it lower than that.

If you get the lock, and are at the ledge, your F-smash should do more knock-back and could possibly take the stock.

You are in non-juggle percent, meaning that you really can't be juggled a lot.

Your F-air should be doing high knock-back. It should be easier to...

karatekickz

Smash Rookie
you can also jab lock using fair (spike) at low percentages. It does more damage then other options. Also you cape your opponent after jab locking three times for extra damage. It doesn't cause a stand up because it has no knockback.

tdw0890ops

Smash Rookie
NNID
trenton01

Extending Locks

Now, Extending the lock combos would be something good right? And it looks like someone already did it before.
On Alpharads' Replay Hut #19, A player named E D B O Y S extended the lock combo against this Roy, So the credit goes to E D B O Y S.
Now that got me thinking: Who else can do this? Is it difficult? Is it Easy? Is it hard?
And I tried to answer those questions, but Mario had the better one
Here's What E D B O Y S did to this Roy at 11%:...

Top Bottom