• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario Confirmed For Super Smash Bros. Crusade!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade is a fan made Smash game with the goal "to create a Smash Bros. game packed with characters and stages from the most memorable video games of all time as well as create a Smash Bros. experience that combines the greatest features that all official Smash Bros. games have to offer."

Now a new character is set to join that all star cast, Dr. Mario! The doctor is checking in and should make a great new addition to the game. Watch his trailer below and keep an eye on Smashboards for future Crusade coverage.

Comments

I am anxious for the release of the Crusade version with GC controller support. Does anyone know when it will be released.

That's some nice pixel art for Doc. I hope this means that the rest of the characters are getting some of this for the CSS, instead of those bad drawings. Or was this just something they used for the trailer.

Looks good, but the animation still looks really choppy. It looks like they try to animate every frame of hit stun as if it were little mac's KO punch.

Glad to see Crusade getting some love. The game is amazing, with great visuals, solid engine, great combo potential, and a crazy massive roster!

Eh? The Doc of all vets? Didn't see that coming.

Yes, Geno's already in. I can't quite remember how long he's been in though.

:094:
To be honest I never really noticed that Geno was in Crusade until the Geno Mii Gunner costume in Smash 4 sparked my interest of what he would be like in a Smash game.

Also I now suddenly want Gengar in Smash Bros. We have no ghosts in Smash yet.:094:

Last edited:
Eh? The Doc of all vets? Didn't see that coming.

Yes, Geno's already in. I can't quite remember how long he's been in though.

:094:
Oh, well this is actually the first time I've heard of Crusade, so I thought it was a new subject. I must be under a rock.

Last edited:
Downloading this game now (well an earlier patch). I think I heard of it prior to this announcement but never got around to it. (Why is there no Zelda, Pit, or Diddy Kong though?)

Last edited:
Downloading this game now (well an earlier patch). I think I heard of it prior to this announcement but never got around to it. (Why is there no Zelda, Pit, or Diddy Kong though?)
I think it had something to do with the past developers on why certain characters aren't in yet.

Dr. Mario in Crusade!

Does he a separate character or he's a "type swap" of Mario, like Ryu, Pikachu and Samus?

I guess all that leaves for veteran fighters is Zelda, Sheik, Young Link, Roy, Pit, Diddy Kong, Ike, Charizard (or Pokemon Trainer) & the Smash 4 fighters w/ Cloud, Corrin & Bayonetta.

But that's only assuming that they want to bring all of the veterans back. Considering this how much work it takes to make a single fighter and the dsire to add new characters, most likely they might not add all the veterans or at least the Smash 4 vets. But then again, Project Crusade, has shocked me a lot over the years.

Last edited:
When does V.0.9.1 come out? Are there some speculations, or is an official release announced? Im excited :)

Top Bottom