• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario: Can we talk about that ledge snap for a second?

iDarkLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
iDarkLinkGraal
3DS FC
0173-1601-0584
Source:
Time: 2:33 - 2:53

My Question: How? And why?!
I know his ledge snap is pretty good, but, twice his length? Really? This gives Mii Swordfighter a run for his money.
If his ledge snap is that good, why nerf the distance if the snap makes up for it?
I'm not extremely deep in the competitive scene, I just play competitively for fun, nothing more. Just curious if the community has an explanation for the magnet hands.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Even for someone that plays Doc, that looked disgusting. lol

I think it's just the way that the hitboxes shift and the generally liberal ledge grab distance to start with. I think it's the same for all characters, difference being that Mario (and by extension, Doc) have quite small hitboxes, so it just artificially makes it more "magnet hands"-y than others.

Other characters basically have the same artificially huge ledge snap distance for some reason or another IMO, I just think that in Doc's case, after his initial recovery, his hitbox must shift closer to the ledge, effectively increasing his ledge-grab distance, on top of his generally small size compared to the ledge-snap radius or whatever it is. I think the same goes for a lot of characters, actually.

Smash 4 physics are just... -like that... lol

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That snap was pretty reasonable don't really see the problem.

Top Bottom