• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Download Syndrome

My anecdotal experience both playing and watching Samus players is that one of the biggest weakness of the character seems to be that of being read or downloaded easily. I will call it 'download syndrome' to help title this post. I see it a lot - Samus player looks 'godlike' in the beginning but then proceeds to get his/her habits read and then ends up loosing. Even watching YB recent highlights from Prime and I personally believe YB to be the number 1 Samus player at this time, sees this 'download syndrome' to a point. The game against Leo he starts off really well and then proceeds to get downloaded a bit too easily rather than being technically outplayed. Let's also be real, Leo is a fundamental master so being read hard by him is going to happen against ANY player but I thought I'd just post something on this topic I call 'download syndrome' as I feel it hits Samus harder than a lot of the cast for some reason. I know this sounds like more a player thing than a character thing but I do think the character plays a part in this to a degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwJg5AFBEk

Xanderr

Smash Rookie
I agree, though I feel it's a character design issue. The way Samus is built means she has to follow certain setup rules to be effective... It's her downfall as people know how she initiates these routines every time.

Top Bottom