• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DownB?

bigman40

Smash Master
As I used this move over time, something has started to come across my mind about it. I've found out that the move can shield poke. Has anyone had this happen to you? Also, do you think it could change the meaning to effiectively killing after shield pressuring well (Note, I mean shield pressure them correctly, then DownB to eliminate the rest of the shield so that the move can poke him and kill)?

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's almost happened to me before, didn't kill completely.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, not using it at the right %s can mean that you will have to follow up with another move to kill, but I mean when the opponent IS in range to being killed by one DownB.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think if thay have little to know shield, it might do it. Anything more isn't gonna do the trick.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I thought the shield poke was brought up a few months ago when Fumi and Karamity had videos of their matches using jab -> yoshi bomb for kills.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
So b-air/d-air shield **** into grounded yoshi bomb is the new kill combo?

Also, does anyone else realize that you can tilt the analog stick to move your shield around? If your opponent moves their shield up, the downB shield poke might not work at all.

ProSnaiL

Smash Rookie
Dair to Yoshi Bomb is TOO good. It either pokes there shield, breaks it, you get 50% out of it.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone here else use their down b as a Jab Cancel move? I use this often and I seem like the only yoshi who has done this and I haven't heard anyone doing this, you jab them and just use Down B as a jab cancel it works perfectly for me :D

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Has anyone here else use their down b as a Jab Cancel move? I use this often and I seem like the only yoshi who has done this and I haven't heard anyone doing this, you jab them and just use Down B as a jab cancel it works perfectly for me :D
I used to use that a lot but everyone says I use down b too much. It is a pretty good setup tho :)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Disregard this; I forgot that yoshi can cancel the lag on his aerials.

How do you delete messages here? I don't see the option.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Disregard this; I forgot that yoshi can cancel the lag on his aerials.

How do you delete messages here? I don't see the option.

You can't.

Also, my opinion on Yoshi's Down B move. I have broken people's shield before, but not often.

A good combo is dair, Down B, and then nair. It always nails em.

Unless they have low damage, or they have a counter-strategy for it.

*Olimar Pikmen spam, Peach float spam, etc.. etc..*

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure most Yoshis do. If not, they should start now. That is the only time I use down-b other than canceling it with the ledge, so I have never seen it shield poke, but that would certainly be awesome.

Top Bottom