• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down tilt

Ilex

Smash Ace
I personally, think that this is one of Ganon's underestimated moves. It has a longer range than all his tilts and I haven't tested but I believe it has a longer range than his smashes too. Not only that, but it makes a great follow up for Flame Choke and it has a unique hitbox that actually sends them upwards.

When do you use the down tilt?

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty much the only tilt attack I use because of the range and the ability to send opponents upward for follow ups. I never use Utilt and usually save Ftilt for a surprise near edge semi spike kill.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I've gotten into a habit of where as soon as I flamechoke someone, I down tilt them, then run up and do a up air. Nice little combo.

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Ok basically,

it's the Flame Choke combo starter,
and it also destroys pesky (/spammy) Snake players, and Pokey Marths.

Oh, not to mention it basically annoys every other character in the world.

lol.

SF

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i love my d tilt. when my jab pushes ppl out of range. personally though i use utlit sometimes. scares the crap outta ppl even though it's avoided most of the time.

Phazon Warrior

Smash Cadet
Down tilt is a very good move. It's good at poking oppenents at a distance. The range and speed is very deceptive, as people would walk right into it. For lighter characters, it can kill.

For some characters, I like to poke with two down tilts and follow up with a flame choke.

Top Bottom