• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down tilt untechable scenario to jab lock kill confirm

atv1992

Smash Rookie
So, I'm guessing most of you guys have seen that beefy smash doods video explaining a new untechable scenario when there's a spinning animation involved, so my friend EnDa and myself were wondering if this could be useful for Pikachu, the answer is yes.

Down tilt is often used for jab lock scenarios at semi-high percentage, but this mechanic recently discovered increases the chances of getting the jab lock no matter what (for some characters) to get the kill. It also increases the threshold to get the jab lock on some characters since weight and fall speed are a thing.

We're sharing a google document with the % ranges it works and against which characters it works and against which ones it doesn't:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ltZ6HFbgzcgu-lSpuvRuQ3cyHzf5nF6G8L9BLsjJJc/edit?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: I know the spinning animation is RNG but if it does happen you can do wonderful things with it, I think it's worth knowing this and trying to make the most out of it.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I too have been using this technique. Falling fair to down tilt works really well to set up the jab lock but I'm still unsure on what % for which characters is optimal for the setup. This is really useful and hopefully will help pikachu take stocks more reliably.

Last edited:
Top Bottom