• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down throw to footstool

CGKAHWA

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to land the down air after footstooling someone if they hold left or right? I have a lot of trouble landing the part of the dair that locks when this happens.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
It is possible you just have to read where the you think the opponent will DI. Footstools are hard to pull off in general and when playing against more than competent players, rather impractical. But if you succeed its at least another 30-40 percent if done correctly! I have only done it once or twice in a real match but i do not practice it that much, its about the reads.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I sometimes find it more lucrative (and easier) to go for the Nair instead of the Dair after a footstool. At low percents, it can net you a free grab (or something else) and you can go for it again possibly or just Up Throw into the follow up on your choice. Landing the Dair is most profitable but has stricter timing and makes it difficult to be consistent with.

Top Bottom