• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down-Throw Stagespike

NoobX

Smash Rookie
Something I found while practicing a while back. I only got it to work on Charizard, Bowser, and DK, on the right side (except DK) of Smashville, Battlefield, and PS2. Pretty sure people already knew about this though.
https://youtu.be/0WdKab-_UJg

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Interesting. This game is whack...I've never had it happen to me. I *have* been the recipient of the stage spike, though. Sheik throwing Zelda on the LEFT side of Smashville (and facing inwards, I believe)

Mentor

Smash Cadet
HOW DID I NEVER FIND THIS OUT????
Seriously though, good find. Only major issue is that it seems they can tech it. Worse, they could tech ledge jump then bair/nair.

Last edited:

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
I've done this against Bowser on accident before, it's nice to see more uses for it. Have you tried looking at this in debug mode with collision boxes on? Keep up the good work.

HOW DID I NEVER FIND THIS OUT????
Seriously though, good find. Only major issue is that it seems they can tech it. Worse, they could tech ledge jump then bair/nair.
People are still discovering glitches and tech in Melee and it's as old as a puberty ridden teenager. Also, if someone wall techs to bair when I do this crap to them I will give up my edge guard out of respect. Knowing that much about Zelda shenanigans deserves a slow clap.

Protosauce

Smash Cadet
My guess is that is might have something to do with the release points of certain characters? I remember the PMDT was having real issues with rob spinning like a top(pun intended) when people like Ness threw him. Dunno tho. Wack shtuff.

+1 for shielda!

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the post, NoobX. Didn't know about it before. I also got it to work with DK on FD on both sides FYI.

Have you tried looking at this in debug mode with collision boxes on? Keep up the good work.
Unfortunately the collision points don't appear on the opponent when they're being dthrown.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Unfortunately the collision points don't appear on the opponent when they're being dthrown.
Wut? That's weird.

Shoutouts to no notification, because that would require a double post...but I used d-throw on ROB on the right side of WW, and he bounced off the stage. Didn't spike, but it did the thing

Last edited:
Top Bottom