• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doug's Farewell and Shoutouts

The_Doug

Smash Ace
First and foremost it's been a blast guys. Enjoyed every single British and European tourney I went to, yes even the one when I tried to pull Comp out of a fight and some ******* clouted me in the back of the head and kicked me on the ground lol.

I'm off to spend a couple weeks in Pensacola and New Orleans as of tomorrow, then moving to Norfolk, Virginia. In case this comes as a surprise to anyone, I've always been planning to move back to the US, and in all honesty it should have been last summer but 2006 was a bit of a dark year for me personally, and I really need to just get on with it in 2007 and beyond. Been living in England for over 3 and a half years, wow has it been that long, feels like the day before yesterday when I was leaving Cali but other days I can remember all the great tournaments, smashfests, and fun I've had hanging out with so many smashers.

Umm.. so many shoutouts dunno where to begin! Met so many cool people, some whom I consider good friends. Much apologies if and when I forget someone because I always do, so MSN me and ask for one! Suppose will start from the latest British tournament TNJ and continue from there:

TNJ:

Darvor - Great fun teaming with ya, we had some nice team work from time to time hehe. Quality Marth, I bet you'll impress and get up there with Jam, Ed, and Zeppo quite soon. Sheik will always give Marth trouble though, need to be confident and focused throughout.

RAF - Spam play every stock like your last stock and you'll be a serious force to contend with, and I like your smash style better than anyone in the UK. Ouch you're fun to play try and step up the speed a bit, Falcon needs to control the pace of the match to win. Owna we didn't get a game...hmm keep up with Yosh but I really think everyone with a mid or lower tier character needs a backup character to take a tournament. Yawn crouch cancel more and up-B out of shield hehe, make your opponent frustrated, that's what Samus's game can be about.

Joe and Will the Bolton boyz - Good fun, go get 'em Camera Man Will, you could be Bach #2 but maybe a good player too, don't switch from Sheik! Joe your personality is golden, keep going to tourneys and getting experience.

Charles - You've got talent and focus, step it up, and even more so on the last stock of every match and you could definitely find yourself winning a lot of tourneys. We had a lot of fun games, you might even want to incorporate more of a trash talk strategy if you dare lol.

Zeppo - Good games, good times. Keep up the speed and control the pace of games, keep your focus and try not to get frustrated by getting "gayed" off the stage, it's gotta be tough a lot of the time, but needs to be dealt with for a non-top tier character to win a tournament.

Ogre - You've got talent and potential and some experience now. Your Fox looks a handful also, too bad we couldn't get a game in.

Twiggy - Ditto to Ogre's shoutout lol. Same as I said to Zeppo, try not to get frustrated by getting "gayed" off the stage, to a lot characters it just happens.

Stevie - Golden personality too lol. Dangerous drunk too, everyone beware! You've got a solid Marth game, occasionally try and speed up or follow up on combos and combine that with trash talk and you'll intimidate and beast anyone! Oh yeah, Stone Cold for life.

Caleb - Keep stepping it up with tourneys in the Southwest, that venue is pretty good. Hmm Marth, , , ,. . hmm turnip and b-air a lot, but ya he beats Peach lol. Best chance against him on FD and Dreamland.

Monty and Martin - Sheiks step it up Nihonjin style! Hehe keep needling, spacing, and f-air'ing. Sheik is too good.

Jam - You made me remember why I hate the space animals lol. Even PC Chris got a bit scared of my Peach and really slowed the pace of our sets to mindgame me but you just kept coming, that's got to say something. You've got the UK title at this point, well done. Now lets see if you can handle the pressure of being the best when everyone else wants your blood ;)

Well known Brits:

Kone - Best host and best player in Britain? I'd give Jam the edge. It's gonna be tough but you should be able to take both titles though. Next tourney will be a proving grounds moreso than any other tournament thus far. Slap, float, n-air, slap is too good. Ace times mate, will miss you and your hospitable geordie gang.

BB - Had some really fun times. AR and all the trips were good stuff. Good luck to you.

Mafia - Will always be the Mafia to me, true bands never split up. Euan keep going abroad and encouraging the other brits, hope to see ya in a US tourney someday. Ryan, Craig, Alan, and the rest been loads of fun.

Dutchies

Silver - Legend. The guy who got me to look into going to a tournament in the Netherlands and the rest is history hehe. Hope to see ya back in come Brawl, really wish I could have played you at your peak around early 2005.

Guido - Huuuuuiiiiido! Had some great times, keep visiting the UK man! Good luck with all the girlfriends.

The Mooiboys - Amsah too good, go to the US **** it, friggin do it! I'll be sure to get you all your vegan meals hehe. Choco and Ty we gotta party again sometime, Amsterdam is bril.

Marc - Great rivalry. Probably talked about smash strategy to you on MSN more than any other smasher. Keep it up with Sheik and leading the Dutch smash front.

Dave - Great rivalry. I know you've probably wanted to beat me in a competitive set as much as anyone out there lol. Really annoyed I couldn't make that last tournament.

Goat - Don't give up. Marth prevails! JUSTICE! I still remember teaming up in Scotland, was great fun mate.

Remen - My favorite rivalry. You made me hate Fox more than anyone in the smash world hehe. Your style is near impossible to duplicate, I never could quite figure it out. Really enjoyed lots of our old sets, yes even the ones with items, ahh those were the days. I think you can beat Amsah but it won't be easy.

Faab - Good Ganon we've had some tense games. Will miss that sad expression of yours :/

Scandinavia

Helios - Great rivalry and more. Don't know why you're getting a shoutout! We'll prolly meet up at some random east coast tourney heheh. Great times, should move out here man.

Ek - Arguably Europe's only true talent. Really liked the games we've had, you've made me want to step it up that much more. Hopefully you'll be inspired to go to the US to play smash this summer.

Svampen - Great rivalry. Great games, too bad we couldn't team, I regret missing that tourney a couple months ago. You've single handedly made me rethink if Yoshi is a competitive character.

Masamune - Great rivalry. Always liked your smash style ever since seeing it at RoS2. woulda loved another set against ya :(

Kris and Tonberry - Fun games. Rather sad that I can't make the Norweigan tourney :(

Calle's - SPARKEN! SPIKEN! Nearly had me! Sparken is too good, everytime I see that forward smash now...

La Francais

Doraki - Good times, you kinda scare me at times when you're really quiet though lol. I still remember you beat Kaiser and shoulda made the brackets at FC.

JD - How are you so good against Peach! Nice job getting to a US tournament, hope you really liked it. If I ever become a stoner I'll remember your advice and the perfect places to hide da stuff.

Makenshi - Marth and Link too good! You beat my Luigi at his prime, I'll always be sad because of that hehe. Don't give up on your english lessons.

Boss - Need more pics of your girlfriend to help me sleep better at night. Just kidding! Not that you'll read this shoutout anyway lol. Jungle Japes 4tw.

Italia

Aldwyn - Darn it you're the one player I really regret not really playing, I heard you've gotten really good now, would have loved a competitive set.

Seretur - Good set we had at RoS3, really enjoy playing against relentless Falco's.

Geez took me a while to type this up, wonder how to end it. Hope to see all of you again in a US tournament or maybe even in online play in Brawl! Best of luck to everyone in smash, in life, and in everything else :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
cheers doug, i need a new nick lol

Sorry if i offended you in any way by not posting the good luck and all, i thought i had already said during the days at TNJ =( If not good luck in america anyways

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Aww, sad to see Doug go... really cool meeting you, talking to you and even getting owned by you in a couple of matches. Wow... Virginia? That's not the worst place for a Smasher to move to.

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
yeah hope all goes well man, i hope you keep playing smash, cos you are like amazing.
Thanks for the friendlies at TNJ, learnt a lot

Good luck in the USA!

Red

Faab

Smash Ace
Sad moment indeed.
Really hope good things will come you're way.
Looking forward to meeting you again /salute.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Take Care Doug, Good luck in the US man

Thanks for those friendlies in TNJ, It helped my Peach a lot. Hopefully Ill get to play you again, But See Ya T_T

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The moment is finally there, eh. Even though I was prepared for it, it’s still a bit unexpected and hard to believe.

I can still remember meeting you for the first time at DT6 (Rune: “That American guy is owning people with Donkey Kong and Bowser, it’s pretty sick.”). You dominated the Dutch smash scene for quite a while and I still consider our second set at DT8 to be one of my best sets ever. Even though it’s been years since those days, you’re still one of the best players Europe has to offer, and you might be even better in teams. Talking strategy with you always was a pleasure, and I hope that at least won’t end.

All in all, Europe will lose one of its last true old school players. I wish you good luck in the US and I hope our paths will cross again some time in the future.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Too bad that you can't make it to the Norwegian tournament, Doug.
We would love to see you there.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in the US! =)
It was really funny playing against you at the RoS tournaments!

I've always wanted to go to the USA. Maybe I'll see you there at an American tournament in the summer, if I get the money.

FireMan.EXE

Smash Journeyman
Even though we only met a couple times, you're a cool guy Doug. (and honestly, I didn't even know you were American 0_o allbeit I thought you had a weird accent for a Brit XD)
Anyhoo, the best of luck man!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Dougs coming back to homecourt eh? better not quit smash once you get back either.

btw if i live in newcastle this fall, me and kone are gonna beast everyone in your hemisphere. :)

J03

Smash Master
man, youve been the inspiration for so many british players, and a great friend too, hope too see you again sometime (i have no doubt well meet again ^_^) good luck in america...gotta be the 5th time if said, but that just means i mean it, hope you'll always remember the 13 hour car ride that shouldve taken 6 lol.

will always remember taking your marth to one stock when you were half asleep haha, hopefully i can replace that memory with so some close games in the years to come!

if you ever get kidnapped and smuggled back to england you know your always welcome with the bolton lot ^^

ty for being the great a guy that you are and have fun playing azen :p

<3<3<3
J03

Ryuker

Smash Lord
All the best of luck in the US doug hope you come to europe sometime again. You were always nice to hangout with and I'll definetly miss that, not to mention the awesome player you always were^^. I hope you don't quit msn though :p. Are you gonna stay smashing in US or are you slowly starting to move on?:p I hope to see you one time in america again but who knows what the future might bring.

Best of luck!!

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
hey doug, im glad that met you because your a cool guy to be around.
i hope that you have a safe travel and a great life in the U.S.

Stay kool man.

p.s. I shall surpass you soon if not in SSBM then in SSBB. hahaha

take care bro!

Top Bottom