• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles Tier List?

JagerCrush

Smash Cadet
I know most people view any sort of doubles tier list by the synergy between two characters but I'm curious how characters are viewed overall in doubles. What I mean is how good a character subjectively is on average in teams.
Here's my personal opinion, although the only thing I feel super confident in saying is that Fox is #1. All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

https://smashboards.com/tiers/#1,10,32.S#6,23,9,5,18.A#14,2,20.B#22,8.C#7,12,4,13.1,1,1,1

1. I think :foxmelee: is fairly obvious. He does well in 1v1 and 2v1 situations. Decent recovery, amazing KO power and speed.
  2. :sheikmelee: has very strong edgeguards and her needles are amazing for saving and interrupting. Her biggest weakness, her recovery is lesser in doubles because of a teammate.
  3. :jigglypuffmelee: has strong edgeguards and superb recovery and your teammate waking you up from rest makes rest a super powerful tool.
  4. :falcomelee: lasers are good at interrupting and saving recovering teammates. He excels in 1v1's and can control neutral with lasers along with his pillar combos and spike.
  5. :peachmelee: recovery is amazing and her down smash covers so much area. She also can edgeguard and is fantastic at interrupting recovery attempts.
  6. :marthmelee: probably has the biggest drop off from how good he is in singles compared to doubles. No projectiles make it harder for him to interrupt or save teammates but he still has that disjointed sword.
  7. :falconmelee: also not having a projectile makes it a bit harder for him to save teammates but he has the speed to be able to interrupt and lots of opportunities for knee.

:pikachumelee: With Axe being pretty much the only Pikachu it was hard for me to figure where to put Pika. I think about Pika's good recovery and KO power and neutral B saves and interrupts I could see Pika being much higher just based off of Doubles tournament results it was hard to put him higher.
:samusmelee: can stock tank really well. She does have a slower recovery which leaves teammates vulnerable to 1v2's.
IC's can't wobble very often with two opponents to KO Nana. It also means Nana will be KO'ed very easily and leave IC's in a lot of Sopo scenarios. But ice blocks and blizzard and wavedash down smash are still solid tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think Marth is pretty useful in many doubles areas. For example, take Ken Isai, which is considered one of the best doubles in Melee history, and that was A Marth falcon duo.

Last edited:

iCrash

Smash Cadet
What about lower tier characters? Where would they be put?

Like Gannon can be pretty good in teams IMO, because you dont have nearly as much space to manuever around him, and if things get chaotic he can do some serious damage in just a few hits. That and Ganon deals out damage in a vary small amount of time, which is good for teams.

I feel like teams is pretty underdeveloped for a lot of these lower-tier characters, more so than singles, but I think some like Ganon could be used really well.

Top Bottom