• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles discussion

townes

Smash Apprentice
Falco is pretty darn bad in teams. Fox is best teammate. Second would be Sheik, Puff, or maaaaybe Falcon or peach.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Oh Fox for damn sure. Fox/Marth works because marth can get quick grabs and fox can upsmash. Also PewFat are really good and showcase doubles marth amazingly

Most of it is the player rather than the character, but probably be like fox or something
Eh... It can go sour pretty quick. All it takes is a moment of 1v2 and Marth is off stage. You punish one enemy to simply get punished by another because your partner got knocked away for you to get pulled into a 2v1. From there unless your partner can break things up you are sort of screwed over.

Peach, Fox, Falco, and Jiggs have the ability to either return to the stage quickly or take so long to recover that they can generally get 2v1 going the entire time. However, I feel like Marth is quite easily the weak person on the team that you tend to get 2v1 provided people are pulling it right. If you never get targeted Marth is easily able to provide center control and push people towards the ledge. Unless you get a tipper fsmash or some low percent gimp his edgeguarding takes far too long to be productive.

Usually, Marth will be best at keeping 1 player occupied or away and providing option coverage in the 1v1 going on next to him. This is sort of the strength I see Marth providing.

Beat!

Smash Master
Fox is Marth's best teams partner by a wide margin. There are some other Marth-inclusive teams which aren't exactly awful, but I personally don't use Marth in teams unless I'm teaming with a Fox, and even then I opt for Fox myself more often than not.

The teams environment exacerbates several of Marth's weaknesses (bad in close quarters, lack of efficient and reliable kill setups) and reduces the impact/availability of some of his strengths (juggling). Fox is the only character who can reliably create the space required for Marth to function properly and be useful.

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
Fox. If you watch PPU and SFAT play you can see how the spacing from Marth and the K.O. power of Fox really work well in tandem. Also, check out KDJ and Ken from Apex 2015; Marth's grab to Fox's up-smash is extremely effective. Otherwise, Peach, Jigglypuff, and Falcon are all solid options.

Top Bottom