• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Spinshot! (Directional Air Dodge Double Jump Refresh + Spinshot)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
How to Spinshot Twice

First off, let's start with the ingredients necessary that allow Sonic to Spinshot twice in Smash Ultimate.

If you don't know how to Spinshot, please refer to this section of my Sonic FAQ/Guide...

Q: What exactly is a "Spinshot"?
A: Spinshot is an AT (Advanced Technique) that allows Sonic to jump through the air while retaining the momentum of his ground speed.

Q: How do I shot spin?
A: You can Spinshot from Sonic's Side-B (Spin Dash) on the ground and in the air, and with Sonic's Down-B (Spin Charge) in the air. This tech was first discovered in Brawl and returned in both Smash 4 and Ultimate. The technique requires you inputting jump or attack at or past a certain point during their charge. C-Stick can also be used, if the conditions are met. It cannot be done once Spin Dash is fully charged (when his aura turns yellow) unless you are airborne.

Down-B Spinshot was made significantly more difficult to do in Ultimate than previous iterations. The input is closer to frame perfect, and success has been found by setting L or R to Jump to do it more efficiently.

Recommended [only?] input(s):

Side-B
  • Ground/Air:
[Partially Hold] [Fully Charge*] :GCR:/:GCL:+:GCB:> [Release] :GCB: > [Tap] :GCA: (Attack) or :GCY:/:GCX:(Jump) or [Flick] :GCCL:/:GCCD:/:GCCR: **

[ * ]
[ ** ]

Down-B
  • Air:
[Partially Charge] :GCD:+:GCB:> [Release] :GCB: > [Tap] :GCA: (Attack) or :GCY:/:GCX:(Jump) or:GCLT:/ :GCRT: (Jump)*** [Flick] :GCCL:/:GCCD:/:GCCR: **

--
* Only works if airborne
** C-Stick only works if controls are switched from Smash to Tilt.
Easier if L or R is set to Jump.

:093:
First brought to my attention by Ki_ULT on Twitter, if you directional air dodge up or up and away right before landing, it refreshes your double jump and your ledge invincibility. As such, it also allows you to directional air dodge again.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

As known, Spinshot is technically a double jump, so it leaves you without one if you choose to use it. If used in tandem, as first brought to my attention by SonicFiend on Twitter, you get Spinshot and get your double jump back by using this technique.

Through this, I was testing all of these things out which leads to the possibility of a Double Spinshot. Unfortunately, not as glamorous as we may have hoped (can't just Spinshot twice to recover) but opens up ideas and opportunities for unique movement and worth noting it's possible. Watch till the end.

Show me if you find any further uses for the double jump refresh or Double Spinshot!

Note: I'm currently working on a full guide for Spinshot in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so stay tuned!

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Cool find! I'm still struggling at pulling one off effectively and constantly. But this I need to try.
Wonder what kind of crazy shenanigans this will open the door to.

Can't wait for your spinshot guide.

Sonic Meaper

Smash Cadet
NNID
None
3DS FC
2294-7045-5918
Switch FC
8435-0200-1637
I also would like to point out that besides DI-dodge that refreshes your double jump, it also allows you to use DI-dodge again

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I also would like to point out that besides DI-dodge that refreshes your double jump, it also allows you to use DI-dodge again
Correct, I made sure to show that in my video. I'll clarify in the thread.

Top Bottom