• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Rob in doubles

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I usually team with a Snake and me stock tanking for him has won us a few tournaments but Im going to be teaming with another Rob next tourney and have no idea how to play or if there are any tricks, combo's or good finishes that 2 robs can do. Im intersted and have never really thought about it until now.

Anyone help?

Anyone have any footage of any double Rob's in action?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I personally support it. I know I've heard distaste for it from SneakyTako. But I think double ROB can cover so much ground (and air hue hue) that it's ridiculous. I have a few old matches that should be taken with a grain of salt. The last Pound, Chibo and I ran double ROB, but it was while I was on little sleep and we didn't advance past 2 rounds I know. I do recall in one of the matches, I believe it was vs Atomsk and ChuDat, I did a fully charged gyro from one side of the stage to the other while Atomsk was harrassing Chibo with MK under the stage (which killed).

I am the red X and Atomsk and Chibo, blue
The match was saved but is lost somewhere on one of VGbootcamp's wiis or SD cards.

Point is, they have those options and I believe if used to it's full potential could create a really super awesome team and that's not just my ROB bias talking.

Try it. If anything, it's fun as fuhhhh.

Here are a few matches of my old videos. Like I said, take them with a grain of salt. Weren't any good opponents.

In case you care, I was the one reppin the "psyco" tag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEAuydaKWqQ (Last kill was so lulz.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6rcqcvVEc (Audio sucks and we failed game 2 I think dbl ROB requires bigger stages haha.)

Hope this helps, if any.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You're ***
I really do disagree with that.
You should prob quit brawl.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Lol gotem.

Double rob just gets in the way of each other, our hitboxes and hurtboxes are too big to not **** each other over.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I personally support it. I know I've heard distaste for it from SneakyTako. But I think double ROB can cover so much ground (and air hue hue) that it's ridiculous. I have a few old matches that should be taken with a grain of salt. The last Pound, Chibo and I ran double ROB, but it was while I was on little sleep and we didn't advance past 2 rounds I know. I do recall in one of the matches, I believe it was vs Atomsk and ChuDat, I did a fully charged gyro from one side of the stage to the other while Atomsk was harrassing Chibo with MK under the stage (which killed).

I am the red X and Atomsk and Chibo, blue
The match was saved but is lost somewhere on one of VGbootcamp's wiis or SD cards.

Point is, they have those options and I believe if used to it's full potential could create a really super awesome team and that's not just my ROB bias talking.

Try it. If anything, it's fun as fuhhhh.

Here are a few matches of my old videos. Like I said, take them with a grain of salt. Weren't any good opponents.

In case you care, I was the one reppin the "psyco" tag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEAuydaKWqQ (Last kill was so lulz.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6rcqcvVEc (Audio sucks and we failed game 2 I think dbl ROB requires bigger stages haha.)

Hope this helps, if any.

Thanks.

Under stage partner saving is awesome.

I think double Rob could do quite well.
IMO Rob is a better doubles character than singles. Metaknight is banned at our next tournament, Falco, Diddy, Olimar, IC, DDD are not as effective in doubles.
I secondary DDD so if we encounter a team of double Snake's (one of the local teams does this) they are screwed, my teamate can also play DDD :)
Wario problems can be resovled by DDD also.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no you guys dont understand.
I worry that you think that me and chibo merely just "went in", so to speak.
but that is not how you have to read it.
no, we "went in."
thats quite literally the best way to describe it.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
and never came out!?
o.O
now that's what I'm beepin about

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
8bitman and I did double rob not to long ago.

We did surprisingly well, double laser spam offstage is really hard to deal with.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
who are you with o.O
Also really sad I cant go x.x Me, you, and Kira all at 1 tourney would be godlike

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Double Rob wasnt working very well for us unfortunatly so my partner switched to G&W and we did slightly better. We probably didnt camp nearly enough and probably should have done more laser spam off stage as Apple Jelly said. It was also the 1st time I teamed with him so we wernt really in sync at all. With a bit more practice it could work.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
def should spend some time practicing it and feeling it out before trying any team. and you dont have to necessarily camp, but do find the moments when you can because 4 projectiles can be pretty brutal

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I feel like I did double R.O.B. in like, one set at my last tournament. I think we won the game but most of the time I was playing some random character and my partner was playing R.O.B. or Marth.
I usually play whatever character I feel like in doubles, lol.

Might try double R.O.B. at the thing I'm hosting this weekend if I partner with the same guy. Or Bees, but our double R.O.B. games always end terribly. ; -;

Top Bottom