• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Edge Dance

dakotaisgreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaSkarner XLR
Can anyone give me advice on how/when to use Double Edge Dance? Its the one part of my Roy game that I feel is just super lackluster. Here are my specific questions to make it easier for someone to be helpful.

-Is it practical to use at high percents? I know it can kill but it's very punishable if people fall out of it.
-How do I stop people from falling out of it? It feels like I have little control over this, sometimes they just do and sometimes they don't.
-Does anything combo into Double Edge Dance? I usually use it as either a landing option or an alternative to jabbing.

Here are some things I already know.
-The downwards combo is the best for raw damage and shield pressure
-The upwards combo can lead to juggles and positional advantage
-If you do upwards on the third hit and forwards on the fourth hit the power is increased and this can kill (I have never hit anyone with this but it does technically have decent kill power I guess)

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
You use DED to punish rolls/spotdodges.

DED has issues connecting at higher percents, so landing the 4th swing probably won't happen, it can kill but Roy has much more reliable confirms off Nair1/Jab. The upwards variation is usually the most reliable or a combination of upwards/neutral swings. Rage, character weight and sourspots/sweetspots hits are all variables to consider when doing DED.

Fthrow, Jab and Dtilt all combo into DED at low and mid percents.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
DED is fairly easy to setup. Moves like D-Tilt, Jab, Nair, f-throw and Landing Fair can setup into it efficiently at low to mid percents. It can also cover the opponents landings as well as missed techs, rolls, etc.

Generally the best combo for DED is the upwards variation (from my experience) . In addition to setting for more followups via juggles, it also connects the most reliable at pretty much all percents.

Something to note about DED is that at High percents, you always want to do SH DED over the grounded variation. The lower amount of Cooldown of aerial DED1 over its grounded counterpart allows it to connect reliably with the other DED hits.

Top Bottom