• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Drat, Dastardly and Muttley! **** (Richard) Dastardly (Wacky Races) for MultiVersus Support Thread

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
A long time ago, there were many road rallies held in North America with all the drivers hoping to win the title of “World’s Wackiest Racer”. However…one driver was so evil, he wanted the win for himself by setting up traps and by using his machine’s great speed to get ahead of the other racers. He is evil, cunning, and most importantly….dastardly.

Introducing one of the best (and one of my favorite) cartoon villains, **** (Richard) Dastardly!

Who is **** (Richard) Dastardly?

**** (Richard) Dastardly is the main antagonist antihero of the famous 1968 TV series Wacky Races. He was the villain who tried to win through tricking his competitors and cheated to get ahead with the help of his dog, Muttley; much similar to a certain purple lanky man from the Super Mario spin-offs. He had his own vehicle named “The Mean Machine” which consisted of these traps Richard Dastardly put down on the racetrack for his competitors. Dastardly also received his own spinoff Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines which involved them being flying aces in the Vulture Squadron (who presumably would have worked for Germany and the central powers) flying in World War I-style airplanes to stop the Yankee Doodle Pigeon (who works for the United States and the Triple Entente). Yet again, Dastardly failed in all of his missions.

Beyond just the Wacky Races franchise, Dastardly has appeared in Yogi’s Treasure Hunt as the main villain, the Fender Bender 500 shorts (think Wacky Races but with the Hanna-Barbera characters), Yo Yogi! (which featured Dastardly as a child), the Wacky Races series of 2017 (in which we learn the family tree of the Dastardly’s and that **** in the 2017 cartoon is the legit grandson of **** himself) and Scoob! as the main antagonist and more as a supervillain than a racer (He also disguised himself as a beautiful female cop as well which tricked Fred and Mystery Inc! as well. Also, the scene where he reunited with Muttley was one of the best scenes in the film; if not, better than the whole film itself).

He also made appearances in the former Universal Studios ride The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera as the main antagonist, a cameo in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, a cameo in an episode of South Park, a cameo in an episode of Uncle Grandpa, and a cameo in Space Jam: A New Legacy during the final basketball game but he was in his outfit from Scoob! He has appeared in a lot more media but this is just some of the media he has appeared in.

Why should he join MultiVersus?

For starters, given the current roster of MultiVersus, there is only one villain on the roster. Only one so far confirmed being Harley Quinn and that is honestly kind of sad given the roster as of right now is a little dry. But, given the game has more in store for the roster, Dastardly would be perfect to add to increase the amount of antagonists on the roster. Also, there is very little representation of Hanna-Barbera’s IPs on the MultiVersus roster aside from Shaggy and Tom Jerry. Dastardly can help fix that given he is from a Hanna-Barbera IP and is probably one of the more used characters from Wacky Races. Finally, I think the developers would have a lot of fun crafting a moveset for the man himself. This leads me to….

What would his moveset/playstyle be like? What can he bring to MultiVersus?

I feel **** (Richard) Dastardly can play with traps and would probably be classified into the Mage/Ranged category given he never really engages in combat. Basically, he would have a playstyle like Isabelle or Steve from Super Smash Bros Ultimate where you had to position traps/make moves to take control of the battlefield area. Some of his traps can include using a sing that he flips similar to Mario’s side special move with his cape, using Muttley for some attacks to gain stage control, planting bombs across the stage, etc. He can possibly be like Bowser Jr. and move around the stage with his vehicle “The Mean Machine”.

Dastardly also can bring possible stages such as a stage based off of Wacky Races which can be a traveling stage on top of the cars or just a platform with the racers cameoing in the back. Also, he can bring some alternate costumes such as Dastardly from the 2017 series of Wacky Races or Dastardly’s appearance from Scoob!

With the moveset potential, the addition of another antagonist and content he can bring, Dastardly is a character I believe everyone should potentially support as well as want in MultiVersus. Do not let him lose this time in the fight!

Pilots of the Vulture Squadron (Supporters)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Wademan94 Wademan94

evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Pizza Robo Pizza Robo
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Rick Dastardly is my most wanted Hanna-Barbera character to join the roster. He’s one of the greatest cartoon villains of all time. I support!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
D. Dastardly is a proven go-to villain for Hanna-Barbera crossovers whose repertoire of dirty tricks, deceptive tactics and "don't do right"-itude would fit in pretty well here. On top of being among the few Wacky Racers I'd like to see alongside Penelope Pitstop that's both iconic enough and hasn't been in trapped in legal red tape.

So, I support (on a side note, it would be nice to hear some news soon).

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
I support! Wacky Races was one of my favorite Hanna Barbera shows on Boomerang. Dastardly always stole the show for me. I would love to see how PFG could incorporate him and Muttley. The Mean Machine would also be cool to have (maybe have it like Wario’s bike in Smash or Velma’s kidnap van). He could also have a ton of skins and variants thanks to Wacky Races (2017).

Top Bottom