• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Disable

shallow33

Smash Rookie
has anybody else tried doing double disable? as in disable them after they are already red and stunned? if not, you may be surprised to learn that it knocks back pretty far, although the distance doesnt vary too much with higher %'s.

at 0% it knocks back across half of FD (o_O)!
at 100% it knocks back across about 3/4 or 2/3 of FD

only does 1% damage so probably best reserved for starting low percentage edge'ing. situational, but you might want to consider it. next time you catch your opponent with a disable follow with: grab, smash, or disable again.

could throw your opponent for loop if he didn't know about it, imagine getting sent halfway across FD at 0%. just another weapon added to Mewtwo's already plentiful arsenal of mind games.

shallow33

Smash Rookie
in most cases thats probably true, i was considering this mostly against opponents with poor recovery. i play against a yoshi pretty often and i was going to try to do this to get him off stage and then hit him back after his second jump to take advantage of his lack of a third jump. =/ cruel? yes, but i think effective.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yoshi player here! I would never fall for that >.<! But yeah, if you're up for some low % gimping that might work, especially against Falco and Doc, who don't have alot of options without a jump, but obviously I'm concerned about the suckitude of Disable in the first place.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
em... please take note that disable, at 0%, provides few frames of stun.

disable only gives enough stun to connect into something else after 50%... by then...
i think even ftilt hits your opponent farther than kb disable

and at 100%.. charged dsmash is a kill

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
yes never ever use 2x disable. It's totally pointless! You can do so many other things that are oh so more effective. The only case where disable can do something of a "knockback" at low % is when the enemy is rolling from the edge in a "roll frames" If you hit them with it then, it will send them flying away from the edge, not to death but it's definatly a suprize to say the least.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
I think it's good, also against Falco's (bad recovery...) But a Falco, that SHLs and SHFFLs all the time won't be at the ground, and being on the ground is needed for this trick.
Just my spontaneous opinion^^

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
yes never ever use 2x disable. It's totally pointless! You can do so many other things that are oh so more effective. The only case where disable can do something of a "knockback" at low % is when the enemy is rolling from the edge in a "roll frames" If you hit them with it then, it will send them flying away from the edge, not to death but it's definatly a suprize to say the least.
at lower percentages, D tilt to Disable also is faster and more reliable than double Disable. xD

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
True, it's not really supposed to hit. Nor is it supposed to be used.

uhm. I really think FC shadow ball is a MUCH better followup to a stun Disable.
Don't think about grabbing, you can do that instead of disabling, so why waste your time?
FC Shadow ball is only good idea.

quak

Smash Champion
for a kill, but if he won't die from it, charge a f-smash as much as you can (if you can) and save the SB for later

Top Bottom