• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Diddy strategy: Banana Storm

TheBobby9092

Smash Rookie
Alright, I don't know if this is a good strategy, but, anyway, here it is:
In a 2 vs 2 match, both pick Diddy Kong, and at the start of the match, pull out 4 bananas combined, and don't throw them at the enemy, but next to them, so unless they jump or roll they can't escape, then try to cover the escape routes and combo them.
I hope this is a good strategy, if you can please test it and tell me what doesn't work well I can try to improve it, thanks in advance!

JB IV

Smash Cadet
First off, welcome to Smashboards! This strategy was devised long ago and is sadly not viable. In any match with Diddy you always want to be in control of his nanas. If you aren't guaranteed to hit your opponent, then you're probably overcommitting. By throwing a nana next to your opponent, you give away the advantage, combo potential, and OoS options that holding on to the nana gave you. The main flaw with "Banana Storm" is that your opponent has more options than just
jump or roll
. The most obvious problem with throwing nanas next to an opponent is that they could simply pick up the nana and even throw it while remaining relatively safe (you had to space yourself to throw the nana next to them). Other options include moving forward and catching the nana (with an aerial or air-dodge) or insta-throwing it, jump>aerial to pick it up while attacking, dash attacking to pick up nana while putting out a hitbox, jump>air-dodge to pick up the nana while remaining invincible, jump>insta-throw to immediately throw the nana while being able to advance or retreat, and finally they could position themselves between you and the nana to prevent you from using it or creating a new one.

Top Bottom