• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dota2

Jamwa

Smash Champion
All these comments make me happy, except for Seb's which makes me confused because mid lane loves Treant.

But yeah, you can't "main" a character. There is probably a hero you enjoy the most, but you can't always pick them because that hero would just lose to the other team's heroes.

Just go random every game and enjoy the 250 bonus starting gold (wow 27 tango strategy)

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah dota is pretty much a game of counters, theres a place and time for (almost) everyone and (almost) every item.
While being good at a certain hero will always be an advantage, if your hero is naturally ineffective against the enemy, or if your hero will be counterintuitive to your team, you'll probably do better with one of your next best heroes or a hero you don't play much even.
But if you choose to main only one hero, or stick to a limited hero pool, you'll become like this guy and have a bad time
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370949

Splice

Smash Hero
holy **** tim
so amazing
you just phased into the 5th dimension and hooked that ******

the music is appropriate too

Splice

Smash Hero
Instead of spending 2700 gold on tangos (yeah i checked :p) you can spend 225 on a quelling blade
Quelling blade has a cooldown that's some impractical ****
This is why Timic is dota god; he considers those intense moments. Silencer was there at that moment Tak, he foresaw that hook 10 seconds in advance. A quelling blade would not have cut enough trees in time to have given him the appropriate angle.

Timic is now T-God.
It's a new game and I'm here, he says. I'm done with the old ways and I'm making your base a killzone like you've never seen before.
I am the youth of dota 2 and you are knocking on deaths door. With his head held high he foresees that the game is outdated, and he alone is the new meta.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
Instead of spending 2700 gold on tangos (yeah i checked :p) you can spend 225 on a quelling blade
cooldown, however i was considering getting 3 quelling blades to nullify the cooldown and it probably would have ended up cheaper overall, but if you check the silencers name, it was a sign on what to use against him.

we did end up winning no thanks to me and my excellent 2 bottle build

Jamwa

Smash Champion
cooldown, however i was considering getting 3 quelling blades to nullify the cooldown and it probably would have ended up cheaper overall

we did end up winning no thanks to me and my excellent 2 bottle build
if u have 3 quels then using one puts all 3 on cooldown.

If you know that and i knew that you knew that then i'd still correct you because this rule of dota ruins my dreams of double refresher

Splice

Smash Hero
Meanwhile you can have fun in the land of the 'not picked'

dw Jamwa, i think it makes WD seem more mysterious that way.
It's how he'd want it

Hughie

Smash Lad
Typical Shuvl strats: When opponent team is pushing you (and slaughtering), counter by using Batrider's flight ability thing to get out of the map on the other side
Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 6.38.44 PM.png

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Viper is fine. He has no free escape or stuns, he's just one of those hero's where if you have to fight him, you have to fight him and win (can't escape easy), and if you're a support you want to hope a buddy is with you.

Add Kaydash / Ragingmoose can't remember which is my steam.

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
Played an all random match today and just happened to get Meepo.
First time playing him, went 13 kills 13 deaths. and we got a pretty bad line up... meepo, keeper, bounty, sand king and witch doctor... so I guess I was carry.
When you constantly net someone and they cant do a single thing not gonna lie its a damn awesome feeling.
I know your supposed to have like one in jungle, one in lane one in where ever but my micro skills sucks :L just selected them all at once and push lanes last hitting with him is incredibly easy.
Fun character just need to learn a thing or two you guys got any hints?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Played an all random match today and just happened to get Meepo.
First time playing him, went 13 kills 13 deaths. and we got a pretty bad line up... meepo, keeper, bounty, sand king and witch doctor... so I guess I was carry.
When you constantly net someone and they cant do a single thing not gonna lie its a damn awesome feeling.
I know your supposed to have like one in jungle, one in lane one in where ever but my micro skills sucks :L just selected them all at once and push lanes last hitting with him is incredibly easy.
Fun character just need to learn a thing or two you guys got any hints?
Buy aganihms
Buy blink dagger
win mid game
lose late game
enjoy your kdr, learn to ignore the defeat screen

Splice

Smash Hero
Alternative Meepo:
Buy Bloodstone. As long as your main meepo doesn't die, you won't lose any charges.
Get Bloodstone to around 15+ charges
Push lanes with all Meepos except the main meepo
Die
Respawn almost instantly
Continue to push lanes

Enjoy winning with even though you died 26 times
http://dotabuff.com/matches/85167844

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Alternative Meepo:
Buy Bloodstone. As long as your main meepo doesn't die, you won't lose any charges.
Get Bloodstone to around 15+ charges
Push lanes with all Meepos except the main meepo
Die
Respawn almost instantly
Continue to push lanes

Enjoy winning with even though you died 26 times
http://dotabuff.com/matches/85167844
Does that still work?
I think I tried it and lost a charge even though my other meepo died, but I may have been mistaken.
Did this work in wc3?

Splice

Smash Hero
this never worked in wc3. I'm 99% sure

This still works in dota 2...

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
Meepo gets **** done mid game its awesome
http://dotabuff.com/matches/351562402
For some reason I got satanic...
Mek, ags, and treads I thought were really useful
Vlad and satanic legit strat
was going for ac towards the end , it was in the recommended list of items so I figured why not with all the gold i didnt know what else to spend it on
I should of figured to get blink dagger
Blink out of tough situation then poof rest of Meepo to the one that blinked out.
And that bloodstone strat sounds good ill have 2 give it a try

Splice

Smash Hero
Satanic is ok I guess, I mean you still get the reaver so it's not a completely bad item but you're better off just getting the reaver and leaving it like that.
Mek is meh, Vlads is fine, Treads are fine/great, Aghs is great, Hyperstone is pretty terrible looking there by itself but I understand you were trying to make assault. Assault is good but hopefully you can get someone else to buy it though. It's worth buying though if no-one else will, I think.

Honestly if I were to give tips on what items to buy it wouldn't be universally agreed on but...

I never go mek because it's not required and not as useful as people think. Your supports can get it, it's cheap enough. Some people may say "but ur supports arent always with u" and to that I'd have to reply that if all your meepo's are together with the main meepo than you are doing something wrong. Aura's are cool and all but anything that your supports can take off your back is good, not to mention it has dildos for stats components, so it really does nothing if the meepos aren't together and even then, not much.

I start with some gauntlets or a wand and some regen, sometimes a sages mask to make a basilius but not often.
Make Tranquils. Then I rush aghs, and you'll have to rush it even more now because the new patch is going to take away Meepo's natural stat share (forcing you to purchase aghanims). I then get a blink because poof onto blink is my favourite thing about the hero, even if it's not always good lol.

Once I have Tranquils, Aghs and Blink, I make a reaver if I have 3000 gold all of a sudden, otherwise I make a Skadi.
Then I make 3 Skadis and turn the Tranquils into BoT. Then I'm done. I used to get reavers and vlads but now I get Skadi's.
Might play some Meepo next month lol

Splice

Smash Hero
You can't disassemble tranquil boots anymore though
So what? The new patch makes them even better, there will be no alternative for me.

Honestly I feel like Icefrog is doing "his thing"; After the last nerf to Tranquils, pretty much no-one buys them.
Now he's made them TOO good with this next patch so everyone will get them and then he will nerf them accordingly with this data.

Even after they have broken, they give more movespeed than Treads, and because there is no longer an active (just passive regeneration) it's better for Meepo personally because the manacost can hit you hard sometimes during early levels.

Gonna make tranquils on everyone now.
btw Jamie, by the time you're 6 slotting with BoT, it's not a big deal to sell a 975g boot to make it.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
tranquils are redic now

when broken they are still faster than treads or phase (unless phase is on)

and they have +4 armour even when broken aswell

pretty damn rediculous unless your hero really needs the specific stats from the other boots

Top Bottom