• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dope 7 -The Midwest West HYPE! Circuit FIRST EVENT-

Cook

Smash Master
Pretty out of the way, but you could Megabus to DSM and ride with those guys?

Or bus to Chicago, then Chicago to Stl, lol.

Why the **** don't they just go direct from IA City to Stl???

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If I drive it's an extra 2 hours :/

If we go to Bpows first to carpool (he doesn't have this off work as of me writing this) then it mgiht work out.

kyroN

Smash Cadet
I suck someone who doesn't have a partner should team with me even though I'm unconfirmed.
I main CF, so we can lose miserably.

/outreachnobodywillrespondto

EDIT: I could pay for your doubles fee if that's allowed. ^_^

Teh Future

Smash Master
I suck someone who doesn't have a partner should team with me even though I'm unconfirmed.
I main CF, so we can lose miserably.

/outreachnobodywillrespondto

EDIT: I could pay for your doubles fee if that's allowed. ^_^
I would suggest trying to find a partner at the venue as there will be plenty of down time during and in between events. There are lots of people that do not have a partner when they get there and most people just enter singles. I think everyone should try to find a teammate though. A lot of people in St. Louis think doubles is the greatest part of Super Smash Bros!

Just wanted to let everyone know that our Facebook page has 30 that says they are coming with even more on the fence. Should be a great event. Information will be updated soon with details on PRICES and rules for round robin pools.

Cook

Smash Master
Who's coming with you?

(and I believe Future can house you, but if he is unable then I can)

:phone:

Teh Future

Smash Master
Is the schedule (doubles beginning at 12) correct or is it still being decided?
The tournament will start at 12pm, but there are some changes that are still being finalized. I'm busy but hopefully I will be able to finish this thread within the next few days.

To try to answer your question more clearly, we will be doing round robin pools beginning at noon. This is a Singles event that will detemine your seed in the double elimination bracket. Doubles will take place afterwards, but Pools usually takes a significant amount of time to do. I would estimate doubles starting by 2pm, but keep in mind tournaments often run behind schedule.

kyroN

Smash Cadet
Does everyone make it out of pools or is that dependent on the number of entrants?

Cook

Smash Master
Really depends on the entrants and how many setups we have. Normally I would say everyone will make it out, but a lot of people are showing interest in this on FB, so I don't want to make any promises.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you do qualifying pools in leiu of elimination pools, I intend to forfeit my pools matches and will take my chances with a bottom seed round 1 in favor of napping

Since I'll be working the night before until 4am and KC leaves at around 7:30am to get there.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Who's coming with you?

(and I believe Future can house you, but if he is unable then I can)

:phone:
My teammate. Would you be able to pick us up from the Union Station east of 21st St near Market the day before the tournament at around 4PM?

Edit: Also, my teammate asks if either of you have any pets.

Cook

Smash Master
I can if Future can't. If I'm working I can't get there until like 5:30, though. And I have a cat and he has two dogs and a cat.

BPx

Smash Lord
yooooo david did you delete your FB already? wanted to ask if my car could hosue with you, pm me :D

also i'm coming :D

Teh Future

Smash Master
Rules, entrance fees, venue, and schedule are finalized! We have a little over a week to go until we are live!

Because of the number of people that are planning on coming, Round Robin Pools for Brawl Singles will most likely be elimination style.

If anyone needs housing on Friday or Saturday night, please send me or Cook a private message on here or on Facebook.

kyroN

Smash Cadet
How long before 12 will registration start?

Do you think extra power strips will be needed?

Teh Future

Smash Master

I haven't been in contact with the venue so Im not sure, Ill update you when I get an answer.

Extra power strips are definitely needed, as well as TVs, Wiis, and a copy of Brawl with everything unlocked.

kyroN

Smash Cadet
The only CRT I have is 19 inches. It's sorta heavy but I may be able to haul it over. o:

Cook

Smash Master
Totally forgot about P:M entry fee. I put a poll on the FB event for it, but it only has 10 votes so far. The price will probably be $5, but I thought I'd keep the poll open until Monday evening because it was buried so a lot of people may not have seen it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
yooooo david did you delete your FB already? wanted to ask if my car could hosue with you, pm me :D

also i'm coming :D
this.

Bpow and whoMever he teams with are taking doubles.

Power Strips are always needed.

Totally forgot about P:M entry fee. I put a poll on the FB event for it, but it only has 10 votes so far. The price will probably be $5, but I thought I'd keep the poll open until Monday evening because it was buried so a lot of people may not have seen it.
If it's $5 I might enter. I havent' played it since Aurastorm was the Nebraska TO.

Also, if people don't enter brawl, do they have to pay the $3 circuit fee anyway at your tournament?

Teh Future

Smash Master
UPDATE!

Tentative Schedule:

12:00PM Venue Opens/Set-Up/Free Play
12:45PM Brawl Registration Ends*
1:00PM Brawl Singles Pools
3:00PM Project M Singles Bracket
3:00PM Brawl Doubles Bracket
5:00PM Brawl Singles Bracket

*If you are planning on entering Brawl Singles or Doubles and are not going to be at the venue by this time, please notify the tournament organizer via this phone number (text preferred):

(636) 345-1669

= = Brawl Rule-set = =

* Because of time restrictions, players must report for matches when called immediately. Any player that has not reported for their match by 10 minutes will forfeit the entire set. If a player is leaving the venue, they should notify the tournament organizer or they risk disqualification!

kyroN

Smash Cadet
Oh damn, I was gonna try to partner with someone in my pool, but if doubles registration ends before pools I'm gonna need to find a new way to get a partner. lol

Teh Future

Smash Master
I didn't think about that. Registration for singles only will end at 12:45. Just trying to get people entered as quickly as possible since people like to put it off. Doubles registration will continue until 2:00PM

kyroN

Smash Cadet
Just as a suggestion, I believe the Project M Ruleset should be changed to the way it was made. All of the legal stages are on page 1 (although SSE: Jungle is a doubles stage so that should be banned) and the rest of the stages are on the second page. The neutrals are also the bottom row, but that is already the same as the current posted Ruleset. We're so liberal with brawl I figure it makes sense to leave the rules how they were set up. This would up the bans to three if you were to change it. It'll also be much easier to keep track of with P:M's nice striking/banning system. :)

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't have any say in the Project: M rule-set or tournament.

One more update guys:

Yes there is going to be a venue fee. I'm not exactly sure why this changed, just trying to let everyone know.

Fees:

$5 Venue Fee*
$3 Circuit Fee**
$9 Brawl Singles Entry
$8 Brawl Doubles Entry Per Player
$5 Project: M Singles

* A one time fee required to enter any events.

* Venue fee is FREE if you bring a full set-up for BRAWL. A full set-up includes a TV with component cable connections, a working Wii console, and a copy of Brawl with everything unlocked.

** A one time fee required to enter Brawl singles or doubles.

** Circuit fee is FREE if you bring a working Wii console and a copy of Brawl with everything unlocked. This does not apply if you bring a full set-up.

Cook

Smash Master
Rob: sorry, didn't see your question. If you enter no Brawl events, there is no circuit fee.

Kyron: I don't know much about P:M, I just stole the rules from the big P:M tournament in Chicago that's the same weekend as this. Though I did change the suicide rule to be the same as Brawl and switched striking to 2-3-1 (these changes are reflected on FB, but not on here).

kyroN

Smash Cadet
I was just mentioning because JCesar, who is a regular TO and developer usually uses the whole first page and I believe some stages are banned that shouldn't be in the ruleset we have posted. I think his ban system is sort of awkward for people who are sort of new to P:M though so I figured we could just use three bans as a few other tourneys have.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It was, I was in a hurry and the names "Ben" and "Dan" have historically been mixed up irrc my bull**** correctly.

Top Bottom