• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dope 7 -The Midwest West HYPE! Circuit FIRST EVENT- 2/12/13 Ft. Project M

Teh Future

Smash Master
Brawl Singles (29 Entries)

1: Domo ($117)
2: MJG ($117)
3: Mr. Doom ($26)
4: JJ Rockets
5: Lux
5: MegaRobMan
7: Vernon
7: Eggman
9: MetalMusicMan
9: Future
9: Michael
9: Bpow
13: Cook
13: Lester
13: Justin
13: Nick Kadonsky
17: Steve M
17: FAE
17: Tim Jones
17: Nick Kerns
17: R.G M.WPS4
17: Rocha
17: T22
17: Justin S
25: Kyron
25: Big Texas
25: Richard
25: Y DJ
25: Matt Madison

Brawl Doubles (9 entries)

1: MJG and Bpow ($86)
2: Lux and FAE ($43)
3: Domo and Mr. Doom ($14)
4: JJ Rockets and Legan
5: Trolls
5: Cook and Future
7: Tyler and Brandon
7: Lutz and MetalMusicMan
9: MW

Project: M

1: Geno Blast ($48)
2: MegaRobMan ($24)
3: Daniel the Seraph ($8)
4: Sam
5: JJ Rockets
5: Cook
7: Mapio
7: Kyron
9: Josh L
9: Radium88
9: FAE
9: Rodaph
13: Templar
13: Killshot
13: Eggman
13: Tizamarou

Thanks to everyone who helped set-up and run the tournament:

Main TO: David (Future) Andrew (Cook)

Assistant TO: Lauren, MetalMusicMan, Steven, Luke and the staff at Danno's American Pub.

Also thanks to everyone who showed up and played! Looking forward to the next St. Louis tournament.

kyroN

Smash Cadet
Somewhat almost kinda not really necessary shoutouts from an irrelevant person.

1: Domo ($117) - Hi.
2: MJG ($117) - Hi.
3: Mr. Doom ($26) - GG's, amazing Ike. o.o And good job beating JJ, I saw game 1 and it wasn't looking great for you. lol
4: JJ Rockets - Hi.
5: Lux - "Is this real?! O_O" If that wasn't you I'm making an ass out of myself but lols
5: MegaRobMan - Thanks for destroying me in both P:M and Brawl. ;)
7: Vernon - Hi.
7: Eggman - Holy **** I didn't realize your Yoshi was that good. GJ. D: Also saw you using Lunk in P:M, shouts to that.
9: MetalMusicMan - LOUD AS ****... But I love you.
9: Future - Thanks for hosting, can't wait for the next time. o:
9: Michael - Hi.
9: Bpow - Hi.
13: Cook - "I don't even play this game" Sheik proceeds to blow a load all over my face. GG's
13: Lester - Hi.
13: Justin - Hi.
13: Nick Kadonsky - Hi.
17: Steve M - GG's, My Tink is bad
17: FAE - How did FAE place 17th? What is going on here? DDDD:
17: Tim Jones - Hi.
17: Nick Kerns - Hi.
17: R.G M.WPS4 - Hi.
17: Rocha - Hi.
17: T22 - You should practice P:M more, friendlies were fun. :>
17: Justin S - Hi.
25: Kyron - I love you, sexy.
25: Big Texas - Hi.
25: Richard - Hi.
25: Y DJ - Hi.
25: Matt Madison - Hi.
1: Geno Blast ($48) - Hi.
3: Daniel the Seraph ($8) - Dat Ganon. o.o You were cool, hope you show up for the next tourney if there's Project M
4: Sam - Hi.
7: Mapio - Hi.
9: Josh L - Hi.
9: Radium88 - Hi.
9: Rodaph - Hi.
13: Templar - Hi.
13: Killshot - Hi.
13: Tizamarou - GG's......

1: Geno Blast
($48)
2: MegaRobMan
($24)
3: Daniel the Seraph
($8)
4: Sam

5: JJ Rockets

5: Cook

7: Mapio

7: Kyron

9: Josh L
9: Radium88

9: FAE

9: Rodaph

13: Templar

13: Killshot
13: Eggman

13: Tizamarou

Believe I got most of that in my mind,. :3

Also shouts to the guy with the bandana on, I never got your name/tag. lol

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MRM shouts.

All-Please come to Nebraska! Also quit playing League of Legends, that game is a plague.

Domo-I hope you were able to get your shirt ironed before you got to the bus station. Thanks for teaching me how to play Metaknight, and you are welcome for teaching you that tornado trick where you just use tornado the entire match, even in the depths of the bottom you can still recover with that move if you button mash hard enough.

MJG-GG's, MK is lame though. I need to not blaster on the ground vs MK and I forgot that until game 2 when the match was almost close.
tldr **** your MK.

Mr. Doom-I'm sorry about your near to feces experience, hopefully it didn't make your dreams any more Sh itty. Ike is the most broken character in the game.

JJ Rockets-It's JJ ROCKETS iirc. GG's in the car, next time we should use our mains in the car since I've proven my Marth is the best secondary in the NE/IA/SD region. Good showing!

Lux-You looked very tired.

MegaRobMan-Project M is bad.
Vernon-Who the **** is vernon?

Eggman-GG's, your Yoshi has gotten way better, gotta work on your camping game and not using eggs to actually save your opponent and the b-reverse grab ****. Nice win over the Bplow.

MetalMusicMan-Really nice to talk to you but it sucks it was only for like 1 second. I didn't see you back over at Davids house :(

Future-Thansk for hosting/housing, GG's, you are the most underrated player in the MW:W imho. Please come to Nebraska!

Michael-LOL you were conviced I was going to beat you before we even played. Gotta have some self respect man. I'm only a household name for trolling.

Bpow-Smashvan was an amazing idea, quit intentionally losing to Yoshi's so you don't have to play me in tournament.

Cook-Thanks for hosting, wish you woulda came to futures for games/fun after but I'll see you hopefully soon.

Lester-Did I play you? I think I played you. GG's when I played you.

Justin-I think I played you in doubles. Or idk.

Nick Kadonsky-Op, we're getting to the part where I have no idea who you are...

Steve M-I do know who you are though, you were kinda helping TO and were the loud voice man guy. Way to be louder than I am. *high five*

FAE-Who in the hell did you lose to? I had you pre-circuit as the #3 player in the MW behind MJG and Lux (this was before I knew Wich was in). Was it Vernon?

17: Tim Jones
17: Nick Kerns
17: R.G M.WPS4

I think I played one of these guys, whoever was the black man who mained Marth/Sheik. You surprised the hell out of me since I had no idea who you were with your paitence to wait for the chance to grab and reads. I took you kinda lightly and you made me realize I needed to focus a bit harder. True, i did SD at 0 on the match you beat me in (and we played in bracket twice because I had to play someone first then I had to play him since for some weird reason I didn't have a bye even though I won my pool 4-0 and 8-0.)

Rocha-Big Bear.

T22-I heard you won this.

Justin S-Ah, justin #2. I remember when you signed up because someone was already named Justin.

Kyron-GG's in tournament and friendlies. Sucks I think I knocked you out in both events :/

Big Texas-LOL best gamer tag ever. GGs in pools

Richard-Who is your favorite little rascal?

Y DJ-Thanks for driving and hooking us up with the van and rolling it down the hills. Nice to meet ya.

Matt Madison-Love the one you're with.

Legan-I assume you left and were one of the 5 people who got their $ back after pools (since we had 35 entrants at one point during pools). GG's, sorry I went into tryhard mode and made people stop talking about League of Legends, I ****ing hate that game.

Project M: Has a lot of work to be put in still :p

Geno Blast-DK is ****ing stupid, GG's even though you rolled me.

MegaRobMan-I don't even play this game.

Daniel the Seraph-I feel bad for you, because Project M is buggy you hit me with about 3 moves that should have hit me but they didn't because IDK, god wanted me to get 2nd or something.

Sam-No offense to Dan, but imho you were the best non-Geno player I played, can Sonic not grab out of that spin dash b-s? Because if he can, you should have won LOOOL. Actually I probably would have started using needles since I forgot they existed vs everyone except Geno.

Radium8-Nice to see you again, I didn't get any of your cookies :(((((((((((((((((((((((
Maybe next time :((((((((((((((

Sorry to the rest of the PM players but I don't know who you are.

See you all March 2nd in Topeka KS for Get Hype 2.5

kyroN

Smash Cadet
I have most of it in the spoiler in my post.

I can't recall who JJ used, I think it was Diddy but not actually sure.

Cook

Smash Master
Against me JJ used Mario and Puff.

Kyron: I don't really play that game, but Sheik is ez mode, lol.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Rob - Actually, no space. JJROCKETS. And I generally don't use Diddy in friendlies because I genuinely don't enjoy playing as him. I'll usually only pick Diddy if its requested of me haha

P:M I used Mario, Sheik, Puff about equally.

Shoutouts to people for playing videogames

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Sorry I didn't stay at David's, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas. I was tired and had to do stuff in the morning :( I really did like seeing you all, especially Mr. Doom, Domo, Brandon, Rob, etc. since I haven't seen you guys in FOREVER. So sorry again for being old and bailing on the after party. Our paths will cross again, to be sure :)

STL Brawl Crew -- I promise to come to a few of these hookups smashfests that Cook is talking about at least every now and then.

To all of the new folks, THANK YOU for coming out!!! It was really awesome to see so much new blood in a supposedly dead/dying game. Also, thank you again to all of the new guys for working with the TOs and being cooperative-- that is VERY MUCH appreciated and things went very smoothly for the most part. So thanks again for coming out and keep doing what you're doing, was great to see so many new faces!

And yes, Kyron, I am LOUD AS HELL :p

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Normally I can do well enough to give every individual person a shoutout, but given the fact that I spent the entire tournament wondering at what point my brain was going to spontaneously combust, please forgive that I don't really remember anyone new as far as name goes which I feel terribly about. But please believe me when I say that whoever I talked to about things, you definitely mattered to me and your attendance was appreciated since new players are the life-blood of the tournaments. Kudos to all of you and I hope you have the best of luck in future events.

Outside of that, special shout outs to:

Cook + Future for hosting such a high quality event
Bpow for going hard on Brinstar, but I'm going to take that stage back, just you wait
MetalMusicMan for reminding me why I hate playing DDDs because obviously the character has no hurtbox once he's been grabbed
Domo for still being my favorite MK
Mr. Doom for playing by far the most terrifying character of all time
Legan for owing me a beer
JJRockets for giving me the business
FAE for showing people how broken our double MK team can be. Thanks for hard carrying me to second place. Let me know if you're going to HYPE2.5 so we can coordinate doubles

MJG for being a continued source of frustration and inspiration and motivation and elation and everything else you know you mean to me in the total we need to stop finishing each other's sentences or else people are going to think we're gay together sort of way.
Egman for putting in the work so that he could put in the work. So proud of how you did. I'm a prophet and totally called it
T22 for constantly reminding me day in and day out why I even bother to play the game in the first place
Sleep for I missed you so much
Myself for breaking the line of my predecessors and failing to secure an all Kansas Top 4

Everyone get ready for Get HYPE! 2.5 in Topeka KS, March 2! http://smashboards.com/threads/332713/

Also:

5: Lux - "Is this real?! O_O" If that wasn't you I'm making an *** out of myself but lols
I don't understand your shoutout, can you clarify please?

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Bpow- Great game it was really close and I need to rematch you soon.
FAE - Yo! great game against your Lucas, I want a rematch so come to Topeka you hear!
MegaRobMan - Hey it was great seeing you again, I need work on my Wolf matchup for next time. I'll see you soon.
Shoutout to all my other Yoshi mains, it was crazy to see other yoshi mains! It was great to see you all and I hope to see everyone here in Topeka!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh sounds about right LOL

Unfortunately, there was huge inflation on the value of 3 stocking T22 that day. Someone made the magic happen in 30 seconds so your feats were surpassed

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
How do you get 3 stocked in 30 seconds as Lucario?

I mean, it isn't like Wolf/Fox/Falco and how if you accidentally press side-B you will suicide.

kyroN

Smash Cadet
By the way, my Wii was the one with the color-coded stages and forced replay on. If you played a set on it, doubles or singles, can you tell me so I can record/upload it?

Top Bottom