• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! Results (gsg2)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i recorded a tan falco vs a blue falco on TV 1

pretty sure it was a tourney set or MM because they did stage striking and CPs

match 1 was YS, match 2 was FD, tan falco won 2-0

anybody know who it was?

EDIT: PRETTY sure it was Brandon vs MyKo, followed directly by Brandon vs Mr. Ganondorf. Anybody wanna confirm?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
but i'd rather spend that time playing friendlies :(

i got it figured out based on the results anyway ;)

told you i got this on lock

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i was more interested in getting sets recorded than playing friendlies, lol. i figured i'd hit up friendlies once they got to semis/finals.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
1: jman; good stuff man bringing the EC style to cali. thx for letting me team with you and stuff. Its was fun and a great experience.
2: lucky; omg your fox was so on point vs hbox I've never seen a fox that smooth.
3: zhu; what a great player and person to hang out with. glad we got to chill this time around and theory craft a bit. you are smart and I do believe that you are heading in the right direction as far as advancing in this game is concerned. and yea I do play marth lol
4: hbox; great job in teams. you have improved alot in your teams game and some of those rest were like wtfbbqsauce. you really seemed to have some tricks in the bag yet released until this event. good stuff.
5: scorp; lol jman owes you 600 bucks
5: fly amanita; damn i forgot to play you. perhaps we'll meet in tourney one day.
7: falcomist; great set justin. you combo very well. your marth is a stuble good. very solid on the basics and clutch too. thx for playing me in dittos on that tv with TAI. I am an aspiring marth main.
7: s2j; them friendlies towards the end were awesome you are a really cool guy and we gotta get some friendlies in at the next big tourney. nice to finally meet you. oscar has always spoken very highly of you and its well deserved.
9: SS; oh snap jeff we didnt play...crap
9: macd; oh my god that freaking cloud. I bet DOH is gonna love that game one when he sees it. Game 1 swift vs macD aka the revenge of randal.
9: HugS;hugo good stuff. I watched a few of your sets. you are rly rly smart.
9: taj; wow that shinespike on you in teams was pure luck. That was a good set I think. you and axe have a really great system going. I felt so humbled hanging out with you in the parking lot outside of BJs. like "Wow this guy is like a legend in the community". I still kinda get like that even tho I have been around for quite some time now as well(relatively speaking)
13: dajuan; I have not been wrecked so badly by anyone in tourney or in friendlies liek I did vs you in such a long time. Bob put it perfect....drephen of doc. you are def a very talented player.
13: swiftbass; oh snap son.
13: sfat; thx for the money match. it really helped to level up my marth. That was probly the first really tough money match Ive had with my marth. It rly was a stepping stone. anyways.....you are really good. keep it up man. I love seeing the youngsters still in it. I mean you guys keep smash alive....its a hell of a bonus that you are as good as you are.
17: lovage; sup we play at like every major i guess we were bound to miss each other at least once. ya boy sj2 is a homey.
17: HMW;thanks for the hospitality. you are a cool guy and talking with you was amazing. Its always cool to dwell into the minds of smashers beyond the game.
17: axe; very suprised you didnt go falco vs macd. I feel like you could've tech skilled thru peach, but perhaps there is something i do not know. anyways, good stuff in teams. glad to see that you and taj fought hard after losing to me and jman to tie with us for 5th haha. I was so scared to fight you game 1 and 2 of our set. WE actually got in friendlies too!!!! your falco is rly fast and smooth. like water
17: hyuga; the gatekeeper. thanks for TO'ing and good set. you, justin and kevin put in lots of sidework and I hope its not thankless. seeing you again reminds me of back in the day on the hub.
17: westballz; good stuff in crews. glad that you played with us. you falco is DEF reminiscent of Dope. janky in a good way.
17: TAI; them marth friendlies.......omg soooo good. they really got my creative juices flowing. I am glad that I was able to keep up with you and justin in the dittos. I can only really play the ditto, fox and shiek.
17: bob$; easily top 3 in like the coolest smashers i have ever met. I kinda was humbled to meet you in person. you are so awesome. We DEF should theorycraft sometime. you have tons of knowledge. The funny thing was that I heard about how cool you were in person and i was skeptical but like the first few seconds made me a believer. Not many smashers like you exist anymore. Its such a great site to see a REAL old schooler be so relevant in the current scene. its pretty motivating in all honesty.
25: scar; bro for life. Ive given you so many shoutouts that I probly will end up repeating myself haha. what a guy. I tell smashers about what I want to do in the future and I tell them that i want to possibly "pull a scar" and move out west haha. YOU SHOULD SOOOO HOOK ME UP WITH A JOB OUT THERE REAL TALK(heard you are all 1337 and **** out there now)
25: gg7; we both need to work on our respective matchups. good games nonetheless. I felt like I learned more about how to approach the matchup and i hope you did as well.good stuff vs macD btw.
25: ppu; i wish you did better. nevertheless you are great player and a insiration for the future keep it up. I expect to see you placing very high on a consistent basis in the future. I ninja watched lots of your games and you have some serious talent. its refreshing to see your kind of style of marth.
25: replicate; wow you are like RLY RLY tall. good stuff in crews. def had my notebook out.
25: darrell; thanks a BUNCH for housing and showing me around. You are such a cool dude. me and you seem to have lots of similarities. like I told brandon if you are ever in CT for a tourney or whatever no questions asked man you and him got dibs. thank you for my cali experience!
33: rubyiris; you caught me late in the day, if it were earlier perhaps i wouldve played fox. my hands get tired tho lol. plus marth in my eyes is WAY more fun to play.
33: pockyD; "ready...GO!"....*sees modded melee*........."I don't wanna play on this crap!"(simultaneously) lol.....damn you've gotten better since the lat time we played/met. gishnak training?!?!?!
33: gishnak; thanks for the few friendlies that we did play. you are pretty techincally sound.
33: bluefoxXT; damn we never got that MM in. oh well good games at ahads house! sry i couldnt stay up later. jet lag johns.

alan; yo def the sleeper in teams good stuff with dajaun. I hope that tron was GOOD! I got lucky vs you in crews.
Vanessa; thanks for the friendlies. it was fun chilling with you and the crew at fudd and at brandons house. maybe next time i come, i'll have some flip flops on! Or maybe I'll pull a mango and wear them regardless of anything.
The Yale guy(crap forgot your tag); I will indeed give your regards to john. thanks a bunch for playing me. how ironic is it that you are what I want to be( a teacher) haha.
jason; good stuff in that money match.
anyone else I money matched: thanks for helping me gain experience with my marth. Its not that I want money and want to be gay...I want to gain experience in pressure situations with my marth and he is still a newb in tourney play so like........im crawling before I walk in a way.

JB; thanks for hosting and stuff. you def are a hardar$e(in a good way) when it comes to running things and you get the job done. I can't recall the last tourney I have been to that has been run on time as precise as this one. good stuff to you and everyone that helped. this def goes down as one of my fav tourneys. trust me i have been to quite a few majors. This was great. Plus a fox won so thats already like legendary. LAST FOX TO WIN A MAJOR TOURNEY WAS LIKE OC3(shoutouts to PC). last space animal GF in a major I think was KDJ vs PC mlg finals Vegas.

cali Asian girls; omg y'all are mad hot.

I think thats everyone. if not then my bad.

My trip to cali was fun and enlightening. I can only hope that I can bring back some of that smash spirit to tristate/EC. the dinner at BJs was soooo reminiscent of the old days(back when i first started). I really miss that kind of stuff. I did NOT want to leave that parking lot. I so wanted to be that groupd of tweens skateboarding and shooting the **** in front of burger king til 3am. I think I said goodbye to axe about 6 times. As I was about to leave and follow darrell. MacD HAD to mention that game 1 between me and him and I got mad hyped to tell people about how I lost....oh the love triangle between my fox, peaches and randall.

omg chudat chronicles are hella crazy. i read them in cali at brandons house(he had them in txt form). wow chu you got ballz man. good read!!!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
that's possible, my room mate was sick too, and hbox had a few symptoms from what he told me too.

sucks. i'll be going to seattle fuucked up, getting everyone on the plane fuucked up too. and i already got one of my friends sick 2 days ago. ah viruses.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I know Hungrybox is cool and doesn't like to bring up any excuses or anything, but did he mention anything to anybody about how his sickness affected his game play? I thought he looked a bit off during his friendlies with Zelda Freak and Julian (or maybe those two are just good, IDK).

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
They need to fix the pipes. Also HMW's new video "The Christmas Fund?????" cannot be watched because it has a music infringement. :( I'm guessing the video is about the GPF for Armada at *Pound* 5, Dr. PP at WGF, saying thanks to Jason for hosting DGDTJ, and saying he'll upload the videos by a certain time or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIVgQcLLwmE

If you watch this and the video works, then it means he probably removed the copyrighted music.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I know Hungrybox is cool and doesn't like to bring up any excuses or anything, but did he mention anything to anybody about how his sickness affected his game play? I thought he looked a bit off during his friendlies with Zelda Freak and Julian (or maybe those two are just good, IDK).
Im pretty sure Julian just legitimately ****ed him up. That kid is mad good in the Jigglypuff matchup.

joeplicate

Smash Master
1: jman- my man!! gj this tournament, your fox is absolutely amazing. an inspiration. fuc up PP next time, yeah? :p it was awesome partying and hanging out with you too.
2: lucky- bro #1 of the tournament. i was ****ing constantly during finals, the two best foxes in the country foxing it up in a fox tournament. OMG. you also made the ride back amazing and sexy and ur a boss for drinking with me till 12 noon LOL
3: zhu- didn't get to see you much this tourney haha. gj in teams.
4: hbox- i never saw you play in person until now, and it was a really cool experience. you're a butthole for not playing friendlies with me after i donated $5 to your plane ticket xD. it seems like you're kind of in a slump or something, but you've definitely earned my respect in the past from countless wins and #2 finishes next to mango. you have random beast moments, and the way you play is super interesting. see you at pound 5 hopefully
5: scorp- my homie. norwalk stories made the drive back super ****. music videos at 6am, ke$ha is hot i don't care what people say. every time we hang out is ****, my role model for smash and life right here
5: fly amanita- gettin off!!
7: falcomist- hey man :). i'll see you back when i get back to norcal lol
7: s2j- way to fuc az's az. poopy for prez 2012. best picture of the whole tournament
9: SS- hey jeff! dinner was really cool lol
9: macd- i am 150% satisfied with our conversation concerning the ke$ha tag LMAO. <3333
9: HugS- hey man, nice sweatsuit.
9: taj- i swear you DO play really gay in teams LOL. good **** on coming out from az
13: dajuan- aw u got scraped. but don't worry, we about to go hyperbolic time chamber mode >=]
13: swiftbass- smash notes are too legit lool, let's chill when i go to pound.
13: sfat- didn't see ya!
13: light- you play extremely janky in a really good way! one of my biggest regrets about this tournament was actually not playing you in more friendlies, i feel like it would've been really great peach practice, and good practice on ****** spotdodges and rolls in general!
17: lovage- u suk asz at driving. but you did get slightly better at it haha
17: HMW- what to say. we definitely tapped in crews <3 i'll get over to the dorms post-haste so we can kick it like we used to :)
17: axe- gimps on gimps!! lol you're still really cool though
17: hyuga- i was (very) pleasantly surprised when you showed me all your sick new rock climbing gear! can't wait to hit it when we get back. thanks for housing. and although nothing happened, next time you might wanna pick a better person for poopy-watch
17: westballz- West BALLZZZ LOOOL lemme holla at yo sister, i seen her on facebook :awesome::awesome::awesome:
17: TAI- i'm gonna beat your *** so hard when we play next!!! haha for real though, ggs. those are my absolute toughest matches to play, a loser's bracket in the corner with no hype, against someone who's good and really wants to beat me. i almost lost to gishnak last gsg the same way, and swordsaint right before you! :embarrass: as far as bad losses go, though, i feel like this was one of the best losses i've ever had haha. i'm so god dam motivated now, you better be afraid lil man!
17: choknater- again with the people who want to beat me really bad! those were awesomely intense friendlies, as soon as i made a point to start thinking more i recognized all your sick old-school skills. you're really good, we definitely have to play more next time
17: bob$- bobby boy, you play cool as ice :reverse: i'd love to play you more at the next tourney
25: L- didn't see ya too much, alvin! :(
25: mr ganondorf- didn't see much of you either, although you def looked mad fresh
25: scar- mr. personality himself! ****. come to the dorms when i do so you can beat my *** for days like i know you oughta
25: gg7- didn't talk that much! you seem really cool though. gj for pooping on mccain in the mm though, if i wasn't from california i would've been laughing the whole time, because that was basically exactly what could've happened. poetic justice, son.
25: ppu- didn't see you much either! where the marth at?? actually, i remembered from typing vanessa's shoutout, in the future. you should learn your asian name, that ****'s poppin!@!
25: replicate- gj in crews haha. u are ****
25: darrell- i was so scared to play you in crews!! omg. i wanted to save brandon for you cause i thought you might catch me slippin like you tend to do <3. we'll step it up in teams; i have a lot of cool ideas, and once we both stop playing like idiots i know we'll ****. seriously though, i must've upaired your upB like 6, 7 times??!? UGH!
25: tang- we didn't money match for one dime, two nickels, and five pennies! next time!
33: violence- a cool guy
33: mooninite- another cool guy who i didn't see much of! except when he came up behind me during a random friendly and starting talking MAD PERVY **** TALK LOOOL. see you at the next norcal tourney!
33: myko- didn't see ya!
33: azn lep- didn't see you either!
33: mackadotious- nor you!
33: rubyiris- you're pretty cool haha, but ur still a dik online sometimes, and the way you play the game is really weird. watching you play bob money, you'd sit on your shield across stage, shoot four lasers in place, then do a doubleshine waveland fall-off laser, then get grabbed! WTF?! haha you can definitely get better though, you just have to think about the right time to apply your tech skill, and keep your spacing in mind.
33: pockyD- didn't see you much!
33: nugz- don't know you!
33: alan- alan, i think you're a hilarious dude, and i love how you never let anything offend you. good job in doubles too, man! see you around!
33: coolkid- don't know you!
33: gishnak- good mms, you're definitely a waiting-type fox. know that there's a good time to rush in and get in their face, too; even though you got a lot better at punishing, you don't always have to sit back and wait for the punish to come to you!
33: sword saint- WOW cool asz guy who's also really good at smash. our sets were really close, you had me sweatin' the whole time. joey called it when we watched you play SS, you had to be from some other region cause you were just too good!
33: bluefoxXT- sup! good friendlies, hope to see you at the dorms or something soon
33: zeldafreak- didn't see you!
33: jpeg image- another cool guy! vegas seems to be full of 'em!
33: hydro kirby- our matches were really close, i love seeing old-school players who are also technical. you also started styling on me 2nd match and i had to try mad hard to hold on!!

other people who weren't on the results:
julian- you're really cool, your deadpan personality is really funny and awesome, and i love how you keep yourself nice and citrus'd up :)
jb- jason baus the boss, good **** on hosting, it must feel like a huge load has been lifted off your shoulders for getting all this **** to go through with no problems! one of norcal's premiere personalities, as well
j6666666666666666666666666666- back from the dead!! i heard you took a game off jman, WITH LINK. HOW?!?!!!
emily- you're cool, i'm glad you and jason decided to come.
vanessa wing-yee cheung- your chinese name is soo cool LOL
DUSNKIESS- GET EM DUUUNKKKK KKKkkk

anyone who i forgot:
<3333333

this tournament was awesome

joeplicate

Smash Master
well idk if he's technically "old school," but i really like his focus on tech skill

it's not very often where you play someone who hasn't been to a tournament for a long time, and find yourself getting shine-grabbed =o

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
joe u ****

im kinda proud of myself on how i did against u in friendlies

i'll be even better next time!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahahaha yeah moon you definitely did. it was right after me and darrell lost in teams or something and i was about to turn around to talk **** right back, because this person sitting right behind me was saying really weird things, but then when i did it was you so i was aight with it LOOOL

also i am super, super looking forward to vids

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
lol woops sorry about that

i wasn't paying attention to what i was copy/pasting

>.<

Top Bottom