• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! f/ Mango, Hbox, Axe, Jman, Lucky, SS, Zhu, Shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
really fun tournament

dude there were SO MANY randoms that I've never seen before who were really good. its crazy how high the average skill level is in norcal.

pools were fun. i needa learn ganon matchup as falco.

SFAT

Smash Ace
lol this is like my first time doing shoutouts in awhile.

First shoutouts go to:
JB - Hostin this awesome tournament. It all happened because of you.
Sheridan - for lettin Kevin and Pelvis go with you and running this awesome tournament.
Armond - For lettin us stay the night. Thanks a lot bro. I'll make it up to you somehow.

Next:
650 & SDK Homies
PewPewToy - We did good. Thanks for putting on the saddle.. again.
aLvin - beatin hungrybox. ****. I have a feelin you won't be needed as the gatekeeper next time.
Roberto Juan - another steppin stone.
Nick - xlacksskillthemostest.
Brian - tuberculosis
Ahmad - Ahmad.
Antyyyyyy -looool good stuff
Kenny - priy good for ur first tournament
Justin - Thanks for the advice, I think I did better than if I didnt have it.
KevinSmiles&Scar - we didnt play. but i dont really regret it cuz ur norcal.
Luis - i didnt even see you there lool.

NorCal
Phil - i <3 you
Brandon - i love hangin out with brandon
Jeff - Hi Jeff!
Vanessa - Hi Vanessa!
Mitchell - Sup Mitchell.
Myko - Sup Myko.
HydroMiharuKageKirbyChris - We didnt play. lame.
RobertDollars - You are lucky we didnt play in Tournament, would've been a quick 0-2 for you haha.
Boback - you should look at your ******* soon.
Lucien - soo sad you couldnt enter. thanks for the advice though.
Joeplicate - i dont think we really played either. lame
GKInfinity - Thanks for recording my set vs Tai, it was a tight one.
Andrenator - i <3 you also
Brian - you are gettin a lot better man, keep it up.
Birdo - ****in enter a tournament man.
Moon - haha good shiit. almost beat jeff.
Bozo - duude. next time you are definiltey makin it out of pools with the improvement you have.
Alan - I kno what you are craving in the back of your mind right now, just a nice, long, thick..... penis.
Dajuan - **** you. and you suck.

SoCal
Mango - whatever
Joey - Falco dittos next tournament, cuz we'll probably have to play for first seed in pools next tournament anyways.
McCain - ggsssssss. come back to norcal forever.
Zhuuuu - good ****.
Jkun - good matches man, you've improved a lot.
Hugo - Almost had you. Next time.
WestBallz - haha too good man. i enjoyed playing you.
Smoke2Johnnys - wow 7th, really nice man. we didnt get to play thsi tournament tho.
Oscar - we didnt really play much either. oh well.
Flyyy - haha i enjoyed playin friendlies with you.
Connor - **** you for not coming.

Arizona
Tai - daayuumm you got a lot better.
Axe - you are always too friendly haha.
Taj - I wish we played. Good **** in teams tho.
GG7 - pretty good.
Light - I never really played you either
Rubyiris - good friendlies. i think you are above mediocre.
Okami - thanks for recording Violence, MacD and my tournament sets haha. appreciate it.

Vegasssss
All of the vegas guys were awesome!
Justin - I really enjoyed commentatin with you, was a lot of fun man. and the matches we played, i wanted to start commentatin on my play too haha.
Travis - Falco Dittos ftw. good stuff man.
Bacon - Aaah dissapointed I didnt get to play. hopefully at WGF.
4th Vegas person - aaah I'm really sorry I dont remember your name and we never got to play. aah. thanks for the praises though haha.

I'm sorry if I left anybody out. GGs to everybody. Was a really fun tournament.

haha I wonder if anybody reads through all of those or just goes out looking for their name. Or just skips the post completely.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
t3h Icy for mod. He gave updates at both RoM 3 and DGDTJ. Thanks for the videos.
i pass you the crown of don (for about 2 weeks then i want my shiit back). on all levels of reality, thank you so much man.

such a ****in amazing tourny for me. i had so much fun, played sooooo many people, ill probably do some shoutouts for the first time cause alot of you are the ****.

but i just got home from driving for 12 hours so i'll probably do that later =D

one person though, ****in JB...good **** dude. everything ran so smooth, reserving BJs was awesome aswell.

I could sit there and listen/discuss matchups and smash in general with you all day. [i sat at the vegas table eating with you, white kid with brown moppy hair :D]

ill do it tomorrow, ahhh norcal is amazing.
thanks for the compliment, and yes i remember you man! the only thing i forget is your real name, i'm sorry. yeah that was a fun discussion, i enjoyed speaking with you guys a lot too. you guys stayed with moon right? that's walking distance from my house, if you stay with him again, now i know.

dayum gg7 was better than I thought
macd lost the hyped money match to gg7, then beat their best player in tournament...i'd be pretty happy if i was macd.

I haven't been wrong yet, and in both circumstances, just about nobody believed what I had to say. How ISN'T that making them look like a bunch of fools?

Anyways, as soon as whoever played west r1 of winners is identified, I'll start uploading everything.

Guy was using the Dan? tag if that makes things easier.
regardless man you sound a jacka.ss

I was playing mad friendlies during that set, so no that wasn't me. Only time I was on that side of the room was to transfer my recording set-up from an unused TV to capture a more active TV.

@Shroomed:

I hype up my boy, then call out the ******* haters and I'm a f@g? Cool story, bro.
who give a fuuck about hyping your boy?? it's about HOW you did it. the rest of AZ showed their support by placing money on their boy, and speaking/posting when they felt necessary to show they're still down for bets. and they did this in a way where everyone knew they were still confident about their boy winning. you were jacka.ss on the boards and in person made SILENT spectre look obnoxious. see what i did there? gangsta.

i'm not replying to you unless you leave some off the wall, bs response that needs a reply. if you reply in such a way that will show more about your character than anything. i hope you don't.

KOS pot success. shroomed placed in the double digits! yessss.

ALR (all levels of realness/reality/bossness) i was hoping you would do better dawayne. but as a norcal resident many will agree that....we just don't want you beating people that we know are better than you, like: ss, lucien, pewpewu, sfat, bob$, hmw...basically everyone on the norcal power rankings including, mr brandondorf, alan, bobbysiege, the king, azusa, narf, mooninite, hypethug...matter of fact the only person i think you may be better than is delphiki and his equally as ugly brother.

shout outs will come from me once sheridan uploads the tio aaaaand yeah.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
thanks for the compliment, and yes i remember you man! the only thing i forget is your real name, i'm sorry. yeah that was a fun discussion, i enjoyed speaking with you guys a lot too. you guys stayed with moon right? that's walking distance from my house, if you stay with him again, now i know.
Yeah no worries i don't think i even told you my name so that makes sense :D I'm Travis. And sounds good!

Anyways, couple shout outs to whoever i can remember right now!

Mooninite / Mastershake : your marth is legit, i wanted to play you more once i actually got going, i only played you day 1 at the very beginning :( . your moms hella nice too. thanks for keeping us there that long, it saved us a lot.

gg7chris ; you'z a homie :D i wanted to play you more but didn't like that you didn't enjoy playing the matchup =[ let's do it more next time your falcon still *****. i just realized we only played on fod once anyways. ugly falcon stage. also chronnesss IS going down next time. lets just go to socal, norcal's too far ;[

ruby ; you're chill in person, i just dislike your internet persona. had fun games for sure regardless though. you had me in the lack of fox/falco experience generally, good stuff.

SFAT your friendly falco is sexy :) we're playing more of those next time forsure =D

hbox you a beast, don't let those guys bring you down =)

superrad brian; i think that's a legit idea, i was thinking the same thing. i'm glad we got to do this, i'll be coming to more california tournys, we'll play more down the road =D just work on that fox falco matchup, cause at our level i'd say it's a little easier for falco. GGs.

zhu thanks for the falco dittos, i was the one thinking you were being humble when we played like 10 games straight 2nd day. you conditioned me alot for basically every other falco ditto that day. it was awesome. i wish i could play you over and over and over and over. amazing practice for me.

who was the asian default falco with the white sweater and ear buds? you asked my name but i couldn't hear yours. your falco is sexy we should play more next cali tournament i come too. hopefully you'll somehow see this =P

lovage im glad i got to play you in a few games, you still wreck me harder than should, but i just need to play fox more, you're so good regardless.

fly amanita u funny :)

TAI your marth is great, like really great. i think our pools set was the most nervewracking set for me, good job taking it though, i hope we play more again soon =)

lol choknater neg post count. you probably don't remember me but that story about it cracked me up.

darrell you're hilarious, and hella good. BJ's was fun =D i was the white guy with brown curly hair, the lambchops fan =D i was loving how you had something to make fun of each random smasher you pointed out.

i played alot more people that i wish i could remember at the moment, say something if we played :D

i was pretty upset i didn't make it out of pools, and others were really questioning why i didn't either. i was one [stage win] away from advancing. i lacked experience in the characters in my pool. [peach/puff/fox] either way it was a learning experience, i'll be back in cali to actually advance next time.

Violence

Smash Lord
Guys, weekends like this one are why I come back to Norcal just for smash.

I sacrificed my Christmas vacation days to fly back a week early and come to this tournament, and I gotta say, it was well ****ing worth it.

First off, organization.

JB, Sheridan(and those who helped you two, like Peter), and everyone who worked the recording setup(Brandon, Phil, ATVSmash, OkamiBW, GKInfinity, the lovely and talented BobbySiege, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of people who should be in this list):

Good ****, guys, everything ran smoothly, we didn't run late, and there weren't large spans of time when nothing was getting done. We got up a livestream, a display TV in high quality, and recorded **** sets. There weren't just roughly 100 people at the tournament, there were a lot more watching online thanks to you guys.

Second off, friends.

Brandon, Phil: It's just not a Norcal tournament if you guys aren't there. Good **** against HBox in crews, Brandon. Phil, someday, we're going to have a match where you don't just seriously **** me up. I hope.
Nick: Dude. Wtf. Stop getting so good! I feel like I take a step toward you and you keep running away. And lasering me.
Brian, Ahmad: Good seeing you guys again, it's too bad I didn't get to play you guys, we definitely have to get together when I'm in town again.
Zac, Kevin: You guys raaaaape. Good **** this weekend. Got maaaad lucky against you, Zac. You'll prolly push my **** in next time with Fox.
Julian(tarheeljks): You're getting better pretty steadily. Keep going, eventually you'll reach that threshold and explode onto the scene outta nowhere.
Darrell: Always a great source of advice, I'ma work on what you said(but I still think spot dodging is pretty ****). Thanks for the friendlies and the matchup tips.
L: DUDEWENEEDTO****INPLAY
DBR as a whole: Good **** comin out. Again, it doesn't feel like a Norcal tournament without you guys, especially not without Bobby's "NOR-CAL!" chants. You guys ****.
Alan: Wtf, dude. If Norcal had a doubles PR, you'd definitely be top 10. Soooooo ****. It's not a Norcal tournament without Alan calling someone a ***** either.
Vanessa: Play more! You got better from what I saw in those friendlies.
Justin, Pocky, choknater, Scar, Myko, HydroKirby: Good seeing you guys again. Remind me to play more sets against you guys next time you're around.
GKInfinity: I think if you went Sheik the whole time, I would've lost... let's have a rematch sometime.
Dajuan: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. We cheer for you, you get fuuuuucked up. Never gonna make that mistake again. Definitely deserve to be at 21 on the PR. Not impressed. Bring that **** you take to locals to regionals, man!

Third, SOCAL!

Hugo: Finally got to play you. I think I'm starting to understand what makes your Samus so good much better than everyone else's. Thanks for the matches. It's always fun watching you play, I cream myself whenever a Hugo shot hits.
Fly Amanita: Now I know who you are, haha. Definitely fuuucked me up. Good **** in tournament, and don't worry, I'm not salty about my memory card or anything.
Lovage: Hopefully I played better than I did at the CGC when you absolutely ***** me... while shine turnarounding. Playing against you is sooo ****ing fun, it's like watching a tech skill vid with me as a sandbag in it. Let's play again sometime.
S2J: Ow. My ******* still hurts from all the stomps and knees aimed at it. Your Falcon is MAD good, and of all the Falcon styles I've seen, I think yours is the most practical. Let's play again sometime.

Fourth, AZ!

GG7: Lived up to your hype. Good ****. Definitely going to get more respect from now on.
Axe: Dude, you need to win an award for smasher with the best personality. Not only are you a nice ****ing guy, but on top of that, you ****. Hope you place high at Pound 5.
Taj: ****, I finally got to play you. You're a hilarious guy with a **** Marth and that ****ing Mewtwo. I thought I knew the matchup, too, that thing's just insane.
Tai: I wanted to play you... damn.
OkamiBW: Thanks for the matches, and the vids.

Fifth, Out of State!

Jman: Good to meetcha. Wanted to play that legendary Fox sometime, maybe next time. Good **** in tournament, congrats.
Juangrybox: All great tournaments need a villain, and you usually get that role projected onto you. But for all the **** you take, you're a pretty nice guy. I'm glad West Coast got another chance to play you, and that you aren't in "invincible tier" for us anymore(for now, I'm sure). Thanks for the matches, I'll prolly be taking you up on the dinner thing sometime.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

I recorded some matches, they'll be going up this week. For now, gotta get back to work up here in Canadia.

NORCAL *****.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I would like to preface this shoutouts post with a few words of wisdom:

GET YO **** SUUUCCKKKKKEEEDDD

back-story behind the "get your **** sucked" movement:
There is an Arizona Brawl player named KiraFlax. He's a really wacky dude, and he doesn't always think things through before he says things. He was playing a tourney match one time, and people were cheering for and against him. He takes off the last stock, stands up in triumph and exclaims "GET YO **** SUUUUCCCCCKKKEEEDD." The crowd was just speechless due to the ridiculously silly **** he just said, but we embraced the ridiculousness and began using "get yo **** sucked" instead of "get *****" and "suck his ****" instead of "**** him."

Arizona

GG7: Good stuff on driving ALLLLLLL the way from my house to Norcal and back. GG(7)s on proving yourself at this tourney. Finally I can legitimately have an excuse for losing to you. TOO BAD I WON'T BE LOSING TO YOU ANYMORE, ***** JAJAJAJAJAJA(CKIE)!

Light: Thanks for letting us use your car, and we're sorry if we made you feel bad </3

Axe: You suck <3 Just kidding, you'll get them next time. Everybody has bad days. It's sad your bad day couldn't be in Arizona SO I CAN **** YOU (jk). <3 you, half-brother from another mother (and from the same father)

TAJ: I'm so proud of you, dad :) Good stuff on beating Lovage, and good stuff on doing well vs SS and Lucky, despite losing. It makes me so happy to see you getting really good at this game again; I hope we can play soon. HOST A SMASHFEST! YOUR HOUSE *****!

Rubyiris: Quit being so negative about your own skill, and quit being so unrefined in how you present yourself on the interwebz. You're not a bad player.

OkamiBW, Shiv: Nice to see you guys

NorCal

SFAT: Please die in a tragedy <3 JK (how many times in these shoutouts have I said something repulsive followed by a heart and JK?) Lol, you're awesome, dude. I had a lot of fun playing you in our friendlies and our tourney set, and you're just a pretty chill dude to bring around. Play me more so I can get better vs Foxes that exploit Marth's weaknesses :) You'll bring it hard next time we play, and I'll SUCK YOUR ****

Replicate: GGs, I guess. We were both playing sorta janky, but whatever; it happens. I'm still sorta glad I finally beat you after Connor's Garage, Pound 4, and GSG, so hahahaha. You're always fun to play against in friendlies; we should continue to do that in the future.

Gishnak: You're pretty good. The Norcal un-ranked demographic is so scary. You're also a really cool guy.

Alan: Dude, you're SOOOOO funny. I love being around you just cuz the **** you say always makes me laugh.

Darrell: Lol, you're really cool and really funny, too. You're also really fun to play against; I look forward to whatever matches we play in the future.

Lucien: Oh, my god. You are sooooo ridiculously good. My friendlies with you were definitely one of the most humbling experiences in a while. I was getting *****, but I didn't feel at all that you were simply exploiting the characters/metagame, but you were just really really ****ing good. You're also a really nice dude outside of the actual game. The only other player that makes me feel the way you made me feel (no homo; in-game) is Forward on a good day.

PewPewYou: GET ***** I'M BETTER THAN YOU (jk again). We didn't play that much, but the matches we did play were pretty cool, I guess. Every time I see you, I feel like you're the Norcal/Bizzaro-World version of me. I saw you go for some edgeguard, and you leaned like, 2 feet to the left. I usually lean to the right when I do that LOL. There's also a few other small similarities, but w/e. Idk, the similarities are just sorta weird. Pink Floyd *****, too, btw.

Scar: I love you, dude. Your **** talk is so hilarious because you look like such an angry dude, but all the **** you say is so funny. I don't think you said a single negative thing the whole trip that didn't make me laugh. Also, thanks a LOT for housing us. We all appreciate it.

Phil: Nice to see you again, and it's nice to see you using Marth. Keep it up!

Falcomist: Our friendlies were pretty fun.

Brandon: Nice to see you again, too. I was pretty happy when you were complimenting me :)

L: Our friendlies were pretty tight. Uhhh, GGs in tournament, too,

Dajuan: I don't get why people give you so much sh*t. I mean, I know it's mostly joking, but I had a lot of fun playing against you, and a lot of the stuff you do was really really legit, and you gave a lot of really helpful advice. You were also just pretty fun to be around lol.

Bob Money: I love this man, and I finally got to see him do the dance from DBR Evolution. You have a great Marth, and you give a lot of good advice. The way you play is sorta good advice in itself. The way you play is so simple, smart, and effective. I'm totally gonna hit up some of your vids and hit you up on AIM and steal some-o-dat so I can suck more of that Cali **** next time ;)

GKInfinity: PLEASE upload the matches you recorded. I really want to re-watch my set vs SFAT, and I also wanna rewatch TAJ vs Lucky.

Socal

MacD: Thanks for housing us on the last night, and GGs in pools. I'll come fo dat as$ **** next time!

S2J: GGs. You're really good. Once again, I'm gunning for you. I'll win that dollar back!

JKun: <3

Connor: **** you for not coming.

The rest of Socal: Sorry if I forgot you; I can't think of anything noteworthy to say.

East Coast

SwiftBass: You were fun to play against, and I love that you love my Marth :) All your compliments made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Jman: Good stuff on getting first! Even though I messed up like, all my chaingrabs/juggles on you anyway (even though it was partially cuz of your good DI), thanks for not banning FD :) Thanks for sandbagging me in our tourney set so I look like I can actually hang with you in the ground game. You're mad good; I sorta wish we coulda played more, but I'm happy I finally got to play against you.

Hungrybox: Sorry I didn't approach you to let you take $2 from me.

Special thanks to everyone who complimented my Marth or said they liked my combo video. I love compliments. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) <3

DJMirror

Smash Master
Arizona

Axe - Nice see you again! Sadly that we didn't play =/ **** you for taking my money! lol =[
GG7 - **** you too for winning! Nice to see you again =D
Light - Sorry we didn't talk much but nice to see you again as well =]
Taj - it was fun playing you in marth and your Mewtwo on FD ****ing *****! if you're the father of Tai & Axe then…Who's the mother? Also thanks for the advice!
Tai - I don't understand why Clannad is so good. See you in So Cal when you come down. Don't forget Kanon and Air! <3
Rubyiris - you're an funny dude lol
Shiv - Sick *** beard you have!
Okami - Nice to see you again. Your stories is pretty funny.

Nor Cal

Peter/Zoap - your trash talk is amazing
Super Rad Brian - Nice to see the homie again =D You'll get better with Fox soon! Just keep playing and have fun with it!
PewPewU - I had fun playing friendlies with ya
Choknator -<3 =D Nice to meet you finally!
SFAT - Ah Thanks =D Your sheik ****ing ***** =]
HMW - Good **** against Hbox in crews!
Phil - I wish I can remember what you were saying during the crew battle when HMW was playing Hbox lol
Boback - Nice to meet you!
Gishnak - Nice talking to you again and it was fun playing some friendlies with you. See you at WinterGameFest
HydroKirby - I was really tired the night before so I accidently called you KirbyKaze =___= **** I felt very very very stupid....>.>
DaJuan - Nice to meet you as well. LOL at stealing Joey's fries!
Alan - Good **** in doubles and I find it funny that MacD got jealous when Mango pick you over him LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Sheridan - nice to know that your laptop came back to you safely
L - it was fun playing some team friendlies with you =D
Darrell - It was funny watching you ****ing up Dunk and telling him to say your name LOL
Scar - it breaks my heart everytime you do a sick *** combo and the last hit doesn't connect or you just SD =[ Your trash talk is pretty funny as well haha
Jeff - hearing you talking about Bejeweled is amazing/funny!
Bob$ - Thank you for the advices. Your crowd reaction is so funny lol It was also fun playing some friendlies with you. See you again in the near future.
FMF - it was fun talking to you again. See you again the near future as well.
Germ - I wanna mm you with my marth against your link!
PockyD - When did your falco combo like that? O____o????
Tang - nice to know that you're still working on the Ne Yo video! I look forward to seeing it =D

So Cal

S2J - good **** beating Taj & Axe! Gay *** picture on your FB btw
Wes - Good **** on beating PewPewU =D You'll get FMF next time! Also thanks for the car ride to and from the tournament! Also thanks for housing me as well =P
Mango - LOL @ MacD about you picking Alan over him
HugS - Thanks for the fries lol
Dunk - Sorry about teams =[ You can pay me back for the teams fee later. Stop getting ****ed up by Darrell =/
J666 - Sick *** car ride on the way there and back.
Emily - Same as J666 =D Thanks for everything back there
Fly - Good **** on beating Hbox
Julian Kao - Nice to see you at a tournament.
Azn Lep - Sexy *** mother****er. Sucks that you had to play Mango in the first round brackets of Teams and Singles =/
Joe - you'll get Tai next time. it was fun playing you in friendles at the tournament/Dunk's place.
Lovage - nice to see you again and **** you for being late to Dunk's house
Lucky - good **** on beating Hbox =D See you later next week or something.
MacD - You'll get GG7 next time >=] Good **** in crews

Out of State

Swiftbass - it was nice talking to you and I had fun during our MM. See you again at Genesis 2!
Jman - You ****ed me up in that mm (I was the marth player that you ****ed up after Grand Final) =/ I'll get you next time
Hungrybox - It was nice talking to you and I had fun playing in that MM (I was the blue marth player) I'll get you next time!

To everyone else that I forgot: Sorry and GGs <3

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Who was Tang's opponent at TV 6?
Who was Westballs' opponent at TV6 round 1?

I'll upload everything once I have their opponents identified.

Also; I know it's not my place to ask, but would whomever was running the LS TV, PLEASE upload my set vs Boback? Thanks. <3
If its a falco ditto then a falco vs sheik thats PewPewU
if its a falco vs puff then falcon vs puff then thats Something FoxXt

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
jb, sheridan et al: congrats on running a ballin tourney
violence: thanks for teaming w/my scrub ***. was great to see you
brandon: always a pleasure
phil: good to see you/play with you. i still can't touch that marth
mooninite: thanks for the friendlies
azuza: thanks for the help w/the peach matchup
isis: also good matches, keep working on the dk. i'll bring my roy next time

falco dittos--
westballz: man you ****ed me up really badly. appreciate you continuing to play with me though
rubyiris: you sleep on yourself so hard. you're pretty good
axe: your falco is sexy
nick: your falco is pretty clean too

money matches (0-3 lol)--

hungrybox: was a pleasure donating
swiftbass: fun set. tell vintage i say what's up and i'll definitely hit you guys up when i'm in new england again
brian(bluefoxxt): i'll get your puff one day

and to various others whose names i can't remember. also to whoever had the hacked copy, that was sick. capt falcon falco and capt. america/batman falcon ****

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
**** hacked wii's man. that **** throws me off in tournament, and of course i get it everytime i come to cali..i tried saying 'i dont like playing on the hacked wii, it throws me off' but then i noticed people were waiting on me, and i wasn't gonna holdup the tournament so i did it :(

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
whats so bad about a hacked wii? isnt it thesame thing?
i mean gameplay wise yes, but it's just when you're used to playing real melee for years and years, then someone gives you a white fox with a black outfit on an inverted version of yoshis, your mind isn't really fully comfortable, atleast for me. I don't feel fully focused, johnsjohnsjohns.

Burnt_Toast

Smash Cadet
This tournament was awesome!

Thanks so much to everyone who participated or expressed interest in Smash Ranks over the weekend. We completed an additional 11 contests Sunday for a total of 17 for the weekend. We created connections from Nor-Cal to AZ via Axe vs Silent Spectre and So-Cal to NY via J-Man vs Zhu. There are now a total of 30 players in the system compared to just 7 before the weekend. Way too awesome.

Here are all of our screenshots and here is a picture of each player's statistics page. I've also linked to the actual Excel files at the bottom of the first post of my thread over in Melee Discussion.

Here's a list of current players:

Arie, Axe, Burnt Toast, Cuba is Death, DJ Mirror, Dunk, Elesdi, Fox, Guinto, Hella, J-Man, Julian, KOS Kirby, L, Lucien, Mackadotious, Mr. Ganondorf, Sam, Sausage Fest, Signia, Silent Spectre, Smoke 2 Joints, T, Taj, Tang, Tyrael, Vans, West Ballz, Zelgadis, Zhu

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I always unconditionally refuse to play any tournament matches on hacked copies of Melee. It's usually not too hard to find another TV on which people are playing friendlies or a TV on which a tourney set is almost over.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
TAI, don't tell any marth players any of the **** I told you

the matchup is already hard enough lol
Alright

Well, you didn't tell me *too* much directly. Just enough stuff for me to work with to continue working on the MU

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
whats so bad about a hacked wii? isnt it thesame thing?
it took me some time to adjust to the different textures and what not, so i can see why it would bother someone in tourney. it was a lot of fun to mess around with during friendlies though

edit: it certainly looks funky while looking cool simultaneously

L__

Smash Master
Okay, after reading everyone's shoutouts, I feel kinda :urg: about mine

so

NorCal

Jb: you hosted an amazing tournament that ran smoothly. This tournament completely changed my mindset and how I want to approach obstacles in the future. Truly the don of gangstas.

Sheridan: An amazing TO that deserves recognition for how smoothly this tournament ran. You did tons for this tournament, and I'm sure everyone really appreciates the quality of every tournament you help out in.

Armond: I really appreciate the housing and driving you provided us with, and your dog is amazing too.

Violence: NorCal in my heart <333

ZFAT: Good **** bringing it back against Tai on Stadium. Good **** in teams too.
PewPewU: Yeeeuh.
Mackadotious: Yeeeuh.
BobbySiege: Don't stop being lovely and talented.
BrianFoxXT: I didn't see you much at this tournament. I liked playing doubles with you.
Ahmad: I think I only saw you once during the whole tournament.
Pelvis: Anty.
Kenny: I can't believe I almost made it into brackets carrying you. ;)

Brandon: We talked less than we usually do at tournaments :(
Phil: Great seeing you again! I missed you <333
Mooninite: This tournament was the first time I've ever actually talked to you. You're an awesome person and among my favorite unranked! But we all know that's changing soon, hahaha.
Andre: Talking to you every now and then was relaxing. One of my favorite NorCal players by far. <333
Darrell: <333 You're too awesome.
Alan: **** you ***** *** *****. ****ing asked to team with you months ago. ***.
Dajuan: You would play like a ****** against Hungrybox.
HydroChris: You look older.
Gishnak: Sup wit it
Lucien: I was really looking forward to seeing you play this weekend, oh well!

SoCal

McCain:
Jason:
Mango:
S2j:

meh

Arizona

Axe: Amazing smasher <333
Tai: You make me feel like I know so little in the Fox/Marth match up
GG7: GJ destroying the MMs

Far away

Hungrybox: Playing you is a lot different than watching you. Our friendlies were fun, and chilling with you for a bit during In 'n Out was cool too.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I was recording on tv 5 and 6 so I'm gonna assume you were recording on TV 7. TV 7 was my TV and there was a recording setup on it. I'm assuming it was your recording setup though because my TV has a large and very misleading '6' sticker on the front for some strange and unknown reason. lol
Yeah that was my recording setup. That area's setups were really misleading. I got a fair few of the better sets of the lower-end of the bracket. GG7 vs Swift, and Replicate vs Shroomed being the more notable ones imo.

i think that vest you were wearing says all that needs to be said
and what, may I ask, was wrong with my vest?

@Westballs: It was a blue puff and you used falco g1 and falcon g2, so it would have to be BlueFoxXT.

@JB: I'd have been happy to bet on gg7 if I wasn't tight on cash. Sure, I had confidence in him, but I hate gambling when I don't have "disposable" income.

Sorry if I came across as obnoxious. Only time I was trying to be like that was was during the MacD vs GG7 set. Vs SS I was just cheering for Taj and GG7. I'll work on presenting myself better if it's that irritating.

@Mooninite: I see you lurking. I hate that I went to KJ64 against you. I feel like I could have won if I went to stadium/yoshis and just stuck to my guns instead of trying to cheese you on a homo stage, lol. You definitely played the stage much better than I did. :(

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I just realized that the people who beat Hungrybox recently (at RoM 3 and DGDTJ) were all people who almost couldn't go (PP), didn't want to go but changed his mind at the last second (M2K), or people who couldn't find a ride until the last minute (Fly Amanita and Lucky). :)

EDIT: If this pattern continues, Armada may beat Hungrybox at *Pound* 5 because as of right now Armada cannot afford to go to *Pound* 5, but people are discussing in the "Best Players" thread about donating money towards the Good Player Fund to fund Armada's plane ticket to *Pound* 5. It would be a huge coincidence if there was a small amount donated like $50 towards the Good Player Fund for Armada (and then Armada goes, "Man, I cannot go to *Pound* 5 due to an insufficient amount of donations) and then towards the last week, donations reached up to the cost of Armada's plane ticket and Armada shows up to *Pound* 5 and beats Hungrybox.

Just a thought that passed my mind.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i didnt play replicate at this in tourney jus sayin

that would've been idiotic

the only ppl i played in bracket were bob$, joey, hbox, and lovage

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Long long ago in Deep Norcal (2006), I teamed with ShadowBTZO, aka the Salinas Champion aka the Mango 4-stocker. Our team name was "Dikc-sucking Janitors" and our catchphrase was "You just got your dikc sucked." Also we beat Bob$ and Isai once so we claim all copyright on dikc-sucking material.

Shoutouts:

JB: Thanks for hosting!
PockyD, Zoap, RadBrian, Emily, anyone else that helped run things: Thanks for your help!
Everyone else: Thanks for coming!

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
Long long ago in Deep Norcal (2006), I teamed with ShadowBTZO, aka the Salinas Champion aka the Mango 4-stocker. Our team name was "Dikc-sucking Janitors" and our catchphrase was "You just got your dikc sucked." Also we beat Bob$ and Isai once so we claim all copyright on dikc-sucking material.

Shoutouts:

JB: Thanks for hosting!
PockyD, Zoap, RadBrian, Emily, anyone else that helped run things: Thanks for your help!
Everyone else: Thanks for coming!
No problem it was my pleasure

-Emily

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Lucien: Oh, my god. You are sooooo ridiculously good. My friendlies with you were definitely one of the most humbling experiences in a while. I was getting *****, but I didn't feel at all that you were simply exploiting the characters/metagame, but you were just really really ****ing good. You're also a really nice dude outside of the actual game. The only other player that makes me feel the way you made me feel (no homo; in-game) is Forward on a good day.
Oh what the hell

Lucien learn to Marth matchup

You gotta make 'em feel like it's the character not you

That's how we do it on EC

lolololol

AXE 09

Smash Master
For GG7 vs PewPewU: $5 on GG7. Who wants to take that bet?
me! ! ! ! ! !
You owe me $5

Losing a MM to MacD: $10
Losing a MM to Pewpewyou: $10
Coming all the way from Arizona to find out your falcon is mediocre: Priceless

There some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MasterCard
gg won't beat macd
mccain will show you who's underrated when GG7 jumps under his dsmash
rofl MacD is gonna ****.
Chris as much as I like you as a homie from Pat's house, MacD is going to **** you :awesome:
And after watching some GG7 videos, anybody wanna take my $20 on MacD?

LOLOLOLOL
Get yo d*cks sucked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom