• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink ~After Story~ 4

Event Date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'm loving what I'm seeing with E Ryu changes, too.

But I mostly play Yun now. AGGRO YUN
WTF! I see all all of these evil ryu buffs, YOU ****ING MAIN EVIL RYU AT MY TOURNAMENTS, and now you change to yun?!?!?!?! ORLY, play evil ryu

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm thinking this is gonna get more melee entrants than SCYSN did, or at least hoping so. Would be pretty funny.

I think there's 3 cars pending showing up for WI, maybe 1 after the other 2 john out.

CowboyFromHell

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, since I'm new to the tourney scene and all, I have a question about why one of the rules is in place. There's a 50 edge grab limit, how does that get abused and why is it a rule? I can't possibly think of a way that that would benefit someone too much, but then again I'm a big fat tourney newb.

ORLY

Smash Master
it's only a brawl thing

people hang on the ledge when they're in the lead so they don't get hit

brawl matches would end very regularly in timeouts because it was super gayyyy

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yea sorry DethFreezy, those are all Brawl rules put up there so far. I will pretty much be copy/pasting the rules from the Smashing Grounds thread for Melee.

Savi

Smash Cadet
I think I'll sign up for Brawl singles and Melee singles just for the hell of it. As always, I'll bring a full setup. It can be for Brawl or Melee, depending on how many setups we have for each game (and how many we need for each game).

:phone:

ORLY

Smash Master
Like everything Yun has had its damage reduced, dive kick sucks now, he has -1 on block for EX dive punch

He has almost no way in anymore that's safe

I better work on my tap links

EDIT: i love how there's a graveyard of don't blink threads in the midwest listing

you guys just keep making more and throwing them away like plastic bags! it'll take 2000 years for those things to decompose!

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
As far as melee is concerned, anyway we can lure some of the bigger guys in the area like Kels and Tink? They should know that WI is coming to this and not johning out. Let's Hype this tourney and see if we can get some MW, I'll talk to MN.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
bring marvel people here like frankie G. I want to kick his *** again

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I should still be in Illinois at this date, so I'll be there! :)
I thought you were hosting a MN Melee tourney on this date haha. Good stuff that you will be here.

bring marvel people here like frankie G. I want to kick his *** again
I am not going to post this on SRK. You are welcome to, but just remember that all of the SF/MvC events are going to be 2-5$ side events depending on what the majority want to do.

I just don't want people to show up expecting a SRK tourney lmao.

Landry

Smash Ace
I should be on break in Madison for this. If I can get a ride from WI people I'll definitely come and if not I still might find a way to show up.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All this hype is makin me happy. lets keep it rolling.
Money says I can come. My buddy said he can pick me up and there's gonna be **** to do other than the brawl tournament. So I got my bus ticket today for 13.50 round trip...so I'll be here.

I'd be willing to do a few select money matches =/< $5 if I have available cash against a few lucky souls who play a character I don't get to play.

Also I love to read people's opinions on how bad Jay Cutler until he's gone and you realize he's one of the best in the league :p.

ORLY

Smash Master
a good amount of interest in this

melee teams is definitely a possibility

$10 singles / $20 per team, bzoo?

also: i can't speak for everyone, but i probably wouldn't enter SF4 / 3SO if it were more than $2

just sayin'

Arty

Smash Lord
**** that. Make Melee teams $5!

Edit: lol Robman, Cutler is not one of the best in the league. He's crucial as hell to the team though since their WRs/backup QB are awful

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think he's a top 10 QB, if you can give me a list of 10 better QB's I'd be surprised. And I wouldn't put Cam newton on that list until next year, great fantasy QB doesn't mean excellent, hell, Tebow begrudgingly belongs on that list more than Newton.

And P-man is out.

High Tier
Saints-Packers-Giants-(Lions) Pats-Steelers-(Chargers) (Colts if you must)

Mid Tier
Cowboys-Lions-Eagles(last year I would have put vick up there)-Falcons-Bears (panthers) Texans-Jets-Ravens-(bengals if you must) Chargers-(Broncos)

Low Tier
Seattle-St Louis-9ers-Cards-Panthers-Bucs-Vikings-Redskins-Colts-Titans-Jags-Fins-Bills(I don't buy fitzpatrick)-Bengals-Browns-Raiders-Broncos-Cheifs

I'd take Cutler as the 8th best.

ORLY

Smash Master
so $10 singles / $5 per person doubles?

that's reasonable

ffffffffffff this is not helping me study for my final tomorrow morning

CowboyFromHell

Smash Apprentice
Tebow sucks btw. In the Vikings game he threw only 15 passes, 10 of which were completed. 10 completed passes does not make someone a great QB. Talk about getting carried by the rest of your team. Running game, anyone?

Top Bottom