• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink ~After Story~ 2 Results! MK Banned!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
A few announcements before I post results.

1. Someone left a Brawl case with a disc inside at the venue, if it's yours, contact me through PM or text or something, because I have it.

2. The Brawl singles pot was $10 short, and Oro and I have a good idea who didn't pay, but we won't make it public, we'll talk to the person in private if we feel it's necessary. So yeah, payouts are a little off because of this.

3. This tournament was a lot of fun to run, and I hope you guys had a good time. The next tournament will be the last Saturday in November. There might be some changes next time around, different ruleset and such. The thread should be up sometime this week.

Alright, now for the actual results.

Brawl Doubles - $10 per team - 10 entrants

1: KenniSPAM all up in dat K-On (Kain/Arty) ($60.00)
2: Awwwwww shiiiiit guuuuuurllll~!!!!!!!!!!1 (JJ Rockets/YoshQ) ($30.00)
3: The Doom Champions (RRR/Sago) ($10.00)
4: We both hate MikeHaze (vVv Cheese/Ook)
5: Legan wears Magnums! (Legan/Norm)
5: Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry (Akashi/Meneil)
7: RedRyu/Zwarm
7: Lucky Godliness (DLA/ ORO?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)
9: Swacket swat and sexy hat (Eagleye/Hype)
9: Ultra/Dest

[collapse=Doubles Bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl Singles - $10 per person - 26 entrants

1: Kain ($138.00) - :wolf:
2: vVv Cheese ($78.00) :popo::gw:
3: Arty ($21.00) :falco::gw:
4: JJ Rockets ($13.00) :diddy:
5: YoshQ :luigi2:
5: Legan :zerosuitsamus::marth:
7: Meneil :ike:
7: RRR :kirby2:
9: Sago :samus2::falco:
9: DLA :ganondorf:
9: Akashi :marth::snake:
9: Oro?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!~ :zerosuitsamus::marth:
13: Teh DC :snake::marth:
13: Xiivi :random:
13: Eagleye :ness2:
13: Ook :dk2:

[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

Drowned in pools

17: King :pikachu2:
17: Red Ryu :lucario:
17: Hype :fox:
17: Ultra :wolf::yoshi2::luigi2:
21: NOOOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMMMM :snake:
21: Zwarm :rob::peach:
21: Savy :marth:
21: Twitch
25: Dest
25: KaSR :kirby2::zelda:

Melee Singles - $5 per person - 13 entrants

1: Rat :samusmelee:
2: Oro?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!~ :falconmelee:
3: Scythe :falcomelee::foxmelee:
4: Sago :sheikmelee:
5: Looshkin :ganonmelee:
5: RRR :kirbymelee:
7: Legan :linkmelee:
7: Arty :samusmelee:

[collapse=Melee Bracket]
[/collapse]

Drowned in pools

Zwarm :peachmelee:
Xiivi
YoshQ :marthmelee:
Red Ryu :roymelee:
King :marthmelee:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - $2 per person - 8 entrants

1: Kain - Guy
2: Scythe - Zangief
3: Rat - Guile
4: Kazama - Evil Ryu
5: Zwarm - Cody
5: Red Ryu - Ryu
7: Ray - Ryu
7: Dest

[collapse=AE bracket]
[/collapse]

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - $2 per person - 8 entrants

1: Scythe - Hugo/Urien/Elena?
2: Kain - Yang
3: lazy stuff (Sago) - Ryu
4: Akashi - Ken
5: Zwarm - Twelve/Ken
5: Kazama (forfeit)
7: Red Ryu - Ryu
7: Twitch - Ryu

[collapse=3S Bracket]
[/collapse]

I could make this thread pretty like the last one, but I'm too tired now, maybe tomorrow. Let me know any character corrections I need to make.

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
My characters were :wolfbrawl: :yoshibrawl: and :luigibrawl:

Although I didn't even make it outta the pools, there some fun and close games. Congrats to the winners.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Wish I could've been there! Good stuff to Meniel and JJROCKETS! And good **** to Kain for (apparently) making Cheese go Kirby and taking first! LOL.

LOL @ Kain and Scythe placing top 2 in both SF events.

O, and good **** to Zwarm for beating Ryu in that SMW MM (it was you and Zwarm, right RR?) :awesome:

Vinnie

Smash Master
vVv Cheese should have :gw: next to his name, he told me he beat Arty in a G&W ditto.

Great job Cheese!

edit: apparently he only won with :popo: & :gw:. So that should be the only chars next to his name.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I only won with ICs and GW (the one game on RC v arty) lawl.

Really fun time. Shoutouts when I'm near a pc.

:phone:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Man, sooooooooo many good games and such. I'm on my phone, so shout-outs when I get back home.

EDIT: BTW, I want everyone who played me to give critique on my play style and just in general. I need to get better at doing some things, but I need to know what I should work on most.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Leave it to a wolf main to be the only person who is able to beat ICs in IL...

oh yeah and an Ike main... good **** meneil

shoutouts later

Arty

Smash Lord
I used Falco much more than GW. Only used GW against Cheese and Kain, which I lost both :(

Good **** Kain for winning and winning dubs with me!
Good **** Cheese, gotta either learn that matchup or pick up a diff char.
Nice job as well, to JJ/Meneil/Legan for doing well.
Legan, we're teaming at the next one!

GGs also to anyone I played in pools/bracket. (Especially Akashi, since our set was super close, and Zwarm + TripleR for ****ing me up in pools)

Thanks for TOing guys

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Gotta say, I mad salty for losing $10 in Super Mario World.
Sorry Red. I told you I was good. :(

Wish I could've been there! Good stuff to Meniel and JJROCKETS! And good **** to Kain for (apparently) making Cheese go Kirby and taking first! LOL.

LOL @ Kain and Scythe placing top 2 in both SF events.

O, and good **** to Zwarm for beating Ryu in that SMW MM (it was you and Zwarm, right RR?) :awesome:
:colorful:

I'm still the saltiest. Beat Arty in pools, still don't get out.

Also updated the first post.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
You beat Arty in pools, Zwarm?

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOIN' ARTY?!?! >.>

SHOUTOUTS:

1.) Kain: I didn't play you at all, but you were the person I was looking forward to playing the most.
2.) Cheese: I liked our set. You got a good grab to finish it off on the last stock, so I'm not too angry about that. What I WAS angry about is that I SD'd and was fighting to get back the entire time... but **** happens. xD Your ICs are good. I want to rematch you one of these days though. If you're ever back in the MW....
3.) Arty: I WANTED TO CALL LEGAN AS DUBS PARTNER FOR THE NEXT ONE! NESS + ZSS = SUPER-PWNAGE! Just look at Shaky/NickRiddle. TOO PRO! Owells... I didn't get to vs. you. :( We will get a $MM next DBAS.
4.) JJ: YEAH! You did super well against everyone you played. I don't know how you got better, but you did. You essentially annihilated me every friendly, so I'm going to try and get better at picking up nannerz without fail for the next time we play. Ness + Nanner = Fun shenanigans.
5.) YoshQ: I really enjoyed playing you. You adapted to my playstyle really quick, and I appreciate the advice; I do get into a rhythm too much, so trying to mix up my gameplay a ton more will definitely help. I look forward to when we play at the next DBAS.
5.) Legan: I LOVED PLAYING YOUR LINK! xD Honestly, I felt like that was my favorite set of the entire day. You can do so many different things with link, and needing to play against you on a mental level just made me happy. Your ZSS destroyed me though, so I'm going to look into some examples of Ness v. ZSS to prepare for next time (Shaky and NickRiddle must have played each other enough for me to find something useful. xD)
7.) Meneil: DANG!!!! That Ike! Really good job placing 7th! I never played you this time... the friendly was stopped before it started. :( I would've liked to see how much better your Ike got firsthand.
7.) RRR: Good job w/ 7th. I don't remember if I played you...... hmmm.... Owell. I just remember you wrecking people with your awesome Kirby. I tried second-ing him earlier, but I sorta gave up; I can't control any other character as well as I can control Ness.
9.) Sago: YEAHHH!!! SAMUS!!! :( You were placing top5 each time before the MK ban came into play at these tournaments, but I bet you'll re-establish your awesomeness soon enough. Your Samus destroys my Ness.... HOWEVER, I didn't play you this time around. :( I wanna vs. yo' Samus next time.
9.) DLA: Good job, broski! You adapted to my Ness super well too. I like that aspect of your gameplay. Can you potentially give me some advice on what I did wrong? I feel like you were getting a bunch more big hits and move-strings later in the set than you were in the first game, which means there's something that can be exploited in what I did... and I'd like to know what it is so I can work on it.
Also, Love the Spike costume. xD
9.) Akashi: 1st in pools?!?!?!?! WHAT??!?!?! YOU BEAT KAIN IN POOLS?!??!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! YOU MONSTER! Dat Marth is just too good. xD I didn't get to play you this time. :( I wanted to see if my Ness got any better vs. the Marth MU, but I didn't get to play you or oro, and Legan didn't use Marth against me. NEXT TIME, WE SHALL SEE!!!
9.) Oro: YEAH BOYYYYYYY!!!! I didn't play you either. This is basically "see what I said for akashi."
13.) Teh DC: .... I don't remember who you were... NO CLUE WHY, I might not have ever played you or anything. Hopefully I'll see you at the next one.
13.) Xiivi: ... I didn't play you either. WHY I NO PLAY SOME PEOPLE?!?! >.> Hopefully I'll see you again Next time. xD
13.) Eagleye: WHAT THE HECK DUDE! STOP TAKING GAMES SO CLOSE JUST TO LOSE THEM! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS! Also, STOP DOING THE SAME **** OVER AND OVER AGAIN! PEOPLE WILL PICK UP ON IT, JUST LIKE HOW YOSHQ AND DLA DID!
13.) Ook: I saw you were sporting the White Castle uniform. xD Didn't play you this time. :( I've been practicing with Ripple though, so you'd best watch out next time we play. xD

17.) King: Didn't play you or didn't know who you were. Either way, :(
17.) Red Ryu: I CAN'T DO **** WITHOUT MY UAIR!!! :( I'm going to learn this matchup again. We were almost even before and now you just destroyed me in the $MM. Nice Lucario as always. Sucks that you didn't get out of pools though. You're good.
17.) I KNOW YOU!!!!! xD
17.) Ultra: You've got some good ability. I bet that if you were to practice a bit more or look up some more vids or other things on whatever pros do with each of the characters you play, that you'd do much better at the next tournament. That Yoshi is good. Wolf was also good. Talk with Kain for advice with Wolf though. xD
21.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRMMMMM: I didn't play you.... :( I'm sorry I didn't notice it was Scout that you were dressed up as. I'm bad at picking that up. xP
21.) Savy: I didn't play you either....
21.) Twitch: Good games. I'd say get more practice and try and look up some vids on how some of the pros play your characters. You can take some advice from Meneil about ike, apparently. xD
25.) Dest: didn't play you. :(
25.) KASR: ... Dude... Gotta work on that Ness if you're gonna play him. dX You missed some recoveries that made me *facepalm*. Otherwise, nice to see you come out to a tourney. xD

GOTCHA ALL! YOU'RE MAH POGEYMANSZ!!!!

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Such a fun tourney! Thanks to Oro and Zwarm for hosting!

I played a lot of matches on the TV that was connected to a computer, were those recorded? If they were can you please upload any of my matches? Specifically vs. Cheese and Kain, thanks.

1: Kain ($138.00) -Good stuff beating Cheese and winning! GGs in our sets from dobules/pools/bracket, was glad I finally got to play you in tournament :p
2: vVv Cheese ($78.00) - Fun money match and tournametn match! Was nice meeting you, you should come to Chicago more often to play, but don't count on me suiciding at 30% game three next time ;D
3: Arty ($21.00) - You totally rocked me in doubles lol, I can't handle that GnW. I really wanted to play you in singles tho, maybe next time. Gratz on third also
4: JJ Rockets ($13.00) - Meeee
5: YoshQ - Thanks for carrying me in doubles :p... Was great, we should team again next time if you come. And GGs taking my money in our MM like always lol
5: Legan - Nice to finally play you in person after all those wifi matches lol. I was dissapointed I didn't get to see your Link but I saw your ZSS do some crazy things. GGs from backet!
7: Meneil - Good stuff, you beat so many good people lol. I was honestly glad I didn't have to face your Ike, I saw so much crazy stuff that you did
7: RRR - Was cool seeing you again, you should come to Chicago tournamments more often!
9: Sago - GGs from doubles, that Samus was crazy. You did some things with her that I didn't even think were possible
9: DLA - GGs, sick Ganon as always. You really make him look like hes not the worst character in the game. Playing you is always so scary to be up a stock but knowing that it only takes like 3 hits to turn the game around rofl
9: Akashi - Good **** messing up the seeding with me from pools ;P, fun matches with Snake/Marth
9: Oro?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!~ - Fun matches and good stuff beating Ook! Thanks again for hosting and all that good stuff
13: Teh DC - Didn't get to talk/play with you at all, but I watched some of your matches and your so fast lol. Come to more tourneys, you could be placing really well in the near future
13: Xiivi - Fun matches, and nice job making it out of our really tough pool!
13: Eagleye - Was fun chilling with you afterwards and all that good stuff. I'll train you over Thanksgiving break, but your Ness is legit good already
13: Ook - Didn't get to play you this time :(
17: King - Fun matches from pools, and nice job beating Akashi too!
17: Red Ryu - didn't get to play :(
17: Hype - Nice seeing you again, don't stare at a the sun...
17: Ultra - Was nice meeting you.... you should come to more tournaments
21: NOOOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMMMM - GGs from pools! I'm surprised you didn't place higher, I knw you can do better next time
21: Zwarm - Good **** beating Arty but then not making out of pools lol. Thanks for hosting!
21: Savy - Fun Melee games lol, back air with Puff is too good :p
21: Twitch - Don't remember you sorry
25: Dest - Fun pools games, maining random is too good
25: KaSR - He isn't fourteen...wtf? Nice meeting you, come to more tournamets!!

Anyone else I missed, GGs and all that good stuff! I had a great time this weekend, see you all in November

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I know a few people asked me to upload matches but I don't remember who exactly. And I'm not uploading everything lol.

So if you have matches you want me to upload, please tell me in this thread. My TV was the one on the opposite side of the pillar from the TO table--the one with the laptop next to it.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I know a few people asked me to upload matches but I don't remember who exactly. And I'm not uploading everything lol.

So if you have matches you want me to upload, please tell me in this thread. My TV was the one on the opposite side of the pillar from the TO table--the one with the laptop next to it.
Can you upload my pools matches for me please, Tom? I need critique, and the more matches the better.

:phone:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing is, I almost didn't go to this tournament, due to time constraints/stress... I'm on a student game development team, and we're submitting our game to IGF on the 31st. It's called Mack Vs. Windows, I hope some of you guys will check it out! =)

I had a lot of fun at this tournament, and it was awesome to see some silly costumes. Also enjoyed seeing people that we normally don't get to see, like JJ Rockets, Cheese, and Legan. =)

1: Kain - home turf defended! I should've watched your final matches. I love your MK too.
2: vVv Cheese - Nice to finally meet you! Didn't you say you'd be in IL more? Next time I won't space out when I ban stages and counterpick =)
3: Arty - grats on 3rd!
4: JJ Rockets - you disappear and then come back to rock us xD I watched a little of some of your matches, you played really well, nice job!
5: YoshQ - sorry if I confused you xD I don't dislike playing against you, I just enjoy playing different people at tournaments.
5: Legan - nice seeing you again! Now that you're in Chicago, you, me and Akashi should definitely hang out. ^^
7: RRR - good to see you in IL again! I enjoyed those matches of PT vs Kirby =)
9: Sago - you're way more calm when you play now, I enjoyed our pools matches.
9: DLA - that third game was so close, I wanted to see how it would end... without the SD. xD Next time! And nice costume lol. Thanks for driving us back to the train station!
9: Akashi - I love you sweetheart, thanks for all of your support. =3 Nice job beating Kain in pools too!
9: Oro?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!~ - always nice to see you again, thanks for hosting =)
13: Teh DC - glad to finally meet you in rl! Nice job getting out of pools at your first tournament, not many can brag of that.
13: Xiivi - sorry for walking off on you during our match, it was non-brawl related. Thanks for being patient though, and ggs, in both bracket and friendlies =)
13: Eagleye - nice seeing you again, hopefully we can get some friendlies in next time!
13: Ook - good seeing you again too, and I loved your 'costume' lol
17: King - you pick up MK at the worst time ever? lol. ggs in friendlies, I had a lot of fun playing PT xD
17: Red Ryu - yeah I was going to play PT, I thought Lucario vs PT would have been very fitting. ^^;
17: Hype - nice seeing you again, I won't forget your name this time xD
21: NOOOOOORRRRRRMMMMMMMMM - nice seeing you again!
21: Zwarm - thanks for hosting, and picking us up from the station. Nice job beating Arty in pools! It sucks that you didn't get out still though :<
21: Savy - always good to see you again =) and thanks for the support lol, I noticed you watched a lot of my matches.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Hope everyone enjoyed. Seeing as this was the first DB where I was the head TO, I think things ran ok. I definitely think there is room for improvement though in the future, so I hope you all look forward to better run events. If anyone has any comments/concerns let me know. :)

Some individual shoutouts later.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
MW is underrated.

Just got back to NY. I'll be back guys :3

I promise, shoutouts tomorrow. Midterms in the AM.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Hope everyone enjoyed. Seeing as this was the first DB where I was the head TO, I think things ran ok. I definitely think there is room for improvement though in the future, so I hope you all look forward to better run events. If anyone has any comments/concerns let me know. :)

Some individual shoutouts later.
Also the first DB where I actually did something. :awesome:

MW is underrated.

Just got back to NY. I'll be back guys :3

I promise, shoutouts tomorrow. Midterms in the AM.
I agree, we're pretty awesome, we just lack IC's experience since Lain has stopped going to tournaments.

Also we never got to do our MM, next time for sure. Or Apex if I go.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Also the first DB where I actually did something. :awesome:

I agree, we're pretty awesome, we just lack IC's experience since Lain has stopped going to tournaments.

Also we never got to do our MM, next time for sure. Or Apex if I go.
I played Chewy down here once. He's got some good ICs.
are there any plans for a bunch of people to go to apex? If there are, *potential?*

teh D_C_

Smash Rookie
1: Kain - Good **** on winning man! You have an amazing Wolf glad I got to MM you even though you destroyed me. Lol.
2: Cheese - Congrats on second. Glad I got to play some friendlies with you before the tournament started.
3: Arty - I love your Falco and had fun playing you.
4: JJRockets - We never talked or got to play, got to change that next tournament. ):
5: YoshQ - Find it funny that you remembered our GB matches, lol. Wish we could have talked more, glad I got to MM you though.
5: Legan - Same with JJRockets, hopefully that'll change.
7: Meneil - It was nice finally meeting you as well. Watching you play Cheese was intense, almost had him.
7: RRR - Amazing Kirby, had some trouble with you in pools. Hope to play you again man. Ggs. :)
9: Sago - Man your Samus is amazing! I was rooting for you when you played Cheese. Didn't think a Samus could pull that off. Also it was nice playing you in bracket, hope to play you again as well.
9: DLA - Dat Ganon yo! It was nice watching your Ganon in action. Those Falcon dittos were pretty damn fun. Also could you upload some of our matches and my pools set with Arty? If you can, thanks.
9: Akashi - It was great meeting you! Thanks for telling me there was a tourney, lol. Glad we got to MM and play each other in bracket. They were close, I'll get you next time.
9: Oro - ***** me in both Brawl and Melee, lol. Thanks for hosting the tournament.
13: Xiivi - Sadly I don't even know what you look like. Wish we could have met. ):
13: Eagleye - I remember playing you a couple times on wifi, though it would have been nice to play you offline though. Let's play each other next time.
13: Ook - Wish we would have talked to each other rather than give each other a passing glance, lol.
17: King - Fun friendlies man. Wish we weren't kicked off so soon.
17: Red Ryu - Nice Lucario man, gotta play again soon. Ggs.
17: Hype & Ultra - Same thing as Xiivi. :(
21: Norm: Wish we could have talked and played each other.
21: Zwarm: Good job on beating Arty! Your ROB was pretty tough, would like to play you again sometime.
21: Savy & Twitch - Same thing as Xiivi, Hype and Ultra. :(
25: Dest - Same as above. ^
25: KaSR - Work on that Kirby man, other than that you were pretty interesting, lol.

Had fun at my first tournament, I will definitely try to make it to the next one! It was nice meeting all of you!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I played Chewy down here once. He's got some good ICs.
Is there any plans for a bunch of people to go to apex? If there are, *potential?*
I mean, I've played against IC's before, I've beaten Arty's in a MM, and almost beat Lain in tournament a while back, it's just been a long time since there have been any IC mains at a tournament up here since Chewy stopped playing.

Top Bottom