• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong videos?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Are there any videos out there of people trying out Donkey Kong at E3? Not including the one's where he's played at the Treehouse. I'm interested to see if anyone mildly good at the game got some footage of them trying him out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shamefully, our furry friend is never amongst the most popular characters. But am sure something will pop up eventually.

Mostly just posted here because am dying to see him in action as well so...

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
DK looks really cool in this game. What's your thoughts about him after watching a few videos? Do you think he will be good?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
From everything I've read from people testing him out at E3, it sounds like people are very optimistic about him being good. He's faster, has hardly any landing lag on his aerials now, and KO's really well as we'd expect, but seems especially good because it seems that most characters have a difficult time getting KO's.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
From everything I've read from people testing him out at E3, it sounds like people are very optimistic about him being good. He's faster, has hardly any landing lag on his aerials now, and KO's really well as we'd expect, but seems especially good because it seems that most characters have a difficult time getting KO's.
first member of the dk crew.png

D

Deleted member

DK's aerials look like they come out pretty quickly. Of course everything is subject to change, but DK could potentially be the best heavy. I like the sound of that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK's aerials look like they come out pretty quickly. Of course everything is subject to change, but DK could potentially be the best heavy. I like the sound of that.
He already was the best heavy in Smash 4 easily. That Ding Dong was amazing, and even Mew2King used the character a lot because of it. DK being the best heavy yet again seems plausible, but he has to face competition from Snake and Ridley this time, which seems like more valid competition than Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf and Charizard.

Also does Ike count as actual heavy weight? Because Ike is looking mighty this tme.

D

Deleted member

He already was the best heavy in Smash 4 easily. That Ding Dong was amazing, and even Mew2King used the character a lot because of it. DK being the best heavy yet again seems plausible, but he has to face competition from Snake and Ridley this time, which seems like more valid competition than Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf and Charizard.

Also does Ike count as actual heavy weight? Because Ike is looking mighty this tme.
Yeah I agree he was the best in 4. Of course there is new competition now. I heard Ridley was pretty good. Outside the Plup-Leo match of course lol. And Ike is heavyweight. But not A Heavyweight. There's kinda a weird line :laugh:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Beggars can't be choosers, sadly.

I know I'll eventually be hitting up the nearest demo by my location (or downloadable/online if they release one) and trying out B-reverse down B like a maniac.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Good videos! Ding Dongs, Cargo throw stage spikes and mid air down B spikes. Seems like not too many giant punches thrown.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Good vids. Some thoughts
-there was times when the opponent was at 20% and DK couldn't follow up cargo up throw. Idk if it's error or good di
-stage spiking seems easier, which is welcomed
-dtilt is looking a little slower, which I think will be a problem. Tilts and jabs out of run will be a big thing in this game. And apparently dks jab1 can't be followed up with anything other than jab2, leaving us without much to work with
-still confused about the hit on his recovery. I get that recoveries seem to be nerfed across the board, but other characters generally have much better, safer recoveries, with invincibility frames. They didn't even bother to compensate by getting rid of the ridiculous land on his back end lag, or at the very least, give us back our perfect landing from brawl

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Solid showing from SBF. Is he on here? I'd want to ask him about dtilt. It seems like he couldn't act out of it quick enough to ever follow up with a grab, or anything even

Top Bottom