• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Stage Thread - Time to Finish Green Greens then move on to Halberd!

Cable

Smash Lord
D-throw CG works on slopes and walls what I do is if im able to get them to the wall i begin to do the d-throw cg about 3times and then i start to d-tilt and my opponent keeps tripping and until there at kill % i just d-smash.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Somebody needs to put a vid up of the different D-tilts against walls. At low %s I can never get a lock and it gets annoying. Is there a thread with %s?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
There are couple clips of it in combo videos that i have seen, i can try to find them. Also you can do cargo d-throw CG as well against walls. and then there is the CG on smashville's platform that is sooooo awesome.

EDIT: Ok, lets finish greens greens discussion. There is not much left to do, all we need is an overall number, what characters to counterpick, and maybe some other tricks/techniques that were not said before.

EDIT2:Also, i currently have the blastzone size standard set as Final D, I was wondering if I should change the standards to Battlefield. I use this standard to compare the blastzones of other stages to.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I hear using DTaunt on Green Greens makes the matchup between DeDeDe even.

But to be honest I don't know much about this stage since I don't play it too often. I'll re-read people's opinions and give mine later, when I give the stage a try with DK.

crifer

Smash Lord
I hear using DTaunt on Green Greens makes the matchup between DeDeDe even.

But to be honest I don't know much about this stage since I don't play it too often. I'll re-read people's opinions and give mine later, when I give the stage a try with DK.
It´s now officially OOK´s "fault" that Green Greens is allowed xD

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Green Greens can get early kills with ftilt, and bair sorta like Brinstar. DK (or at least my DK) usually has a hard time moving around this map so, i don't think it's a good choice for MK or anyone extremely fast. Snakes and other projectile spammers could probably rack up a lot of damage on you here as well. Then again the blocks on the sides could probably help block some projectiles. Maybe if Brinstar was banned or you already won there and couldn't pick again in the set this could be a good choice.

Seton

Smash Apprentice
Greens greens is banned in Europe. I cannot use that stage, and it seems to be nice (and funny) for DK.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah we need someone to volunteer to get discussion going again.
I did a while back but I didn't really get a response. :( I'm willing to take it over, unless someone else would rather do it, that has more experience than I do.

Seton

Smash Apprentice
It's okay, PeachGuard Chaosgriffin is back on the job, also sorry if I didn't respond to you.

@Seton: Green Greens is now a counterpick stage according to the updated ruleset 3.0: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282811
Oh, ok, i'm not used to see the american ruleset. I'm only writing acording to a match of OOK vs MikeHaze from a tourney in Green Greens. Thought that this stage was a CP.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The one great thing about halberd that most ppl don't know is that it gives DK great ledge pressure. If we are slightly below the slope we can F-tilt a normal get up, read a jump get up with bair pressure, or Down-b for rolls. If they ledgehop, no attacks should really hit you. DK, if you are standing on the slope, can also swat people off the ledge. Sharking is the only problem with that.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
seriously I dont see how green greens is a bad CP against dedede even if there is a wall he dont need it to infinite us the wall just give us a chain grab too and we can camp on the side so he cant side b us well if he try to approach us we can just bair him and then go on the platform the only place that we have to avoid is the ground on the middle part of the stage and it is pretty easy to avoid the rest of the stage is pretty safe against dedede seriously I think that green greens is one of the best CP against dedede

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He gets a lead and DK loses. He has to approach, and DK doesn't have anything where he can DJ away while hitting his shield without getting punished.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
He gets a lead and DK loses. He has to approach, and DK doesn't have anything where he can DJ away while hitting his shield without getting punished.
we got the apple on Green Greens wich we can use as a projectile and we can also space the bair so he cant punish and we have the down b that is safe on sheild we can also down b to make the bomb explode if he try to approach if he gets the lead we can still recover by using the apple and we can punish many of his move with a grab too wich can lead on a 0 to death too from everywhere on the stage except on the platform. also if he doesnt sheild the bair we can connect it with a up b and recover lagless on the platform

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
we got the apple on Green Greens wich we can use as a projectile and we can also space the bair so he cant punish and we have the down b that is safe on sheild we can also down b to make the bomb explode if he try to approach if he gets the lead we can still recover by using the apple and we can punish many of his move with a grab too wich can lead on a 0 to death too from everywhere on the stage except on the platform. also if he doesnt sheild the bair we can connect it with a up b and recover lagless on the platform
One word: sheildgrab

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
One word: sheildgrab
he cant sheild grab a downb an apple throw or a spaced bair also he can sheild grab on every stage but Green Greens give tool that we can use against Dedede that's why Green Greens is a good stage against dedede because obviously Dedede can still just infinite us but Green Greens make it harder for him to grab us it give us many tool that we can use against Dedede like a wall CG with the cargo dthrow apple that we can use to throw at him platform that we can use to land lagless when we up b and Dedede doesnt realy have anything on Green Greens that make it a bad CP for DK

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He is camping on the right side. Apples are PShieldable, we can't down b him. Bair will result in getting shield grabbed. Options?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Marmiton i understand your logic, but it is highly unlikely that we will force the DDD to approach. Especially when he is just throwing out his forward b for pokes. And if there is a wall to block he forward b, his filt can take care of that no sweat. So he wins that scenario.

If he is on one of the sides and we approach him, we are going to get grabbed. Unless we can break his shield with a forward b. Otherwise we are going to eat that CG and take sooo much damage.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
Hope you fellahs don't mind me sharing. For all of you impatient types, scroll to the bottom.

He is camping on the right side. Apples are PShieldable, we can't down b him. Bair will result in getting shield grabbed. Options?
While in the middle, grab an apple just in case this actually works. Assuming you know when Whispy is going to blow wind, you could attempt one of these:

*Grounded/Aerial Bup to destroy the blocks and either
*Try to hit him with the remainder of your Bup (Probably going to be rejected)
*Try to grab/land on the ledge behind you
*When you know Whispy is about to blow, destroy the blocks via Bdown. When Whispy blows, use a running Bover across the edge and into penguin territory.

I have tested some of these in training, but alas, have not against an actual player. They probably wouldn't work, but the wall would be down, so DK would EVENTUALLY reach the edge if grabbed. The only problem I see then is a back throw.

Maybe you'll surprise him once with it :awesome:

*Edit* Gotta love when you submit and then think of something...
You could destroy the blocks with Bdown, and then throw the apple and follow with a Bup or running Bover. If he decides to PShield, that might actually give Spinning Kong a chance to hit. Of course, that GRAB is rather LONG.
It is highly unlikely that we will force the DDD to approach. Especially when he is just throwing out his forward b for pokes. And if there is a wall to block he forward b, his filt can take care of that no sweat. So he wins that scenario.

If he is on one of the sides and we approach him, we are going to get grabbed. Unless we can break his shield with a forward b. Otherwise we are going to eat that CG and take sooo much damage.
Honestly Dedede is just a hell of a match for DK regardless. Even IF the player weren't confident at PShielding apples, there is always the possibility, depending on DK's distance, of him either
1. Short-hop to ariel-dodge
2. Spot-dodge
3. Eat the apple.
4. Block it with a W. Dee
If we're right on top of him, obviously he's probably going to PShield it and Ftilt as you said, but trying to approach or throwing from a distance if the wall is temporarily down would, the majority of the time, yield negative results. He probably wouldn't use 3/4, but I put them here nonetheless. I see you guys working over a solution eventually, since your creativity knows no-bounds, but good luck in the present.

Also, he would probably poke by just jumping over his safety wall and throwing MORE W. Dees at us. Assuming he were actually camping on either side. I would actually find him more intimidating in the middle. More distance to space for us and the possibility to camp, but more grab-related damage for sure. And eventually he will break that wall. Eventually.

I'm forgetting other things about this match, such as air-fighting because of DK/Dedede approaching, but you all know more than me about how that would fair for the ape.

Getting off Dedede, I feel like floaty characters could be punished easier, due to the platforms and brick walls. I noticed you guys put Luigi and Toon Link on Bad CP. Toon Link I could understand, but Luigi sounds pretty bad unless he camped completely. I mean, he might have great air moves, but couldn't we try to out-reach him since this is such a small stage?

Thinking on the spot, Samus probably wouldn't do well here. I wouldn't know about ZSS, but I believe she would actually benefit if you tried being above her at ALL.

tl;dr Dedede could Bover camp and destroy everything we loved. Destroy the wall with grounded Bup/Bdown and try to hit him while the wall is down with an apple or something. Samus would probably do bad here, but ZSS I'm not sure about. I haven't actually fought many Luigi's, so I wouldn't know if you could out-reach him in the air, but I always thought he would do bad at this stage.

Sorry if I posted things that were obvious, but I like to be thorough.

Top Bottom