• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Community Highlight Video - UPDATE. MORE CLIPS NEEDED!

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
Hello DK players! So a lot of you have probably seen my previous thread here: http://smashboards.com/threads/putt...hlight-video-need-clips-from-you-guys.420228/

Basically, we are trying to put together a DK highlight video by the DK community. A lot of you have had concerns that the previous replays sent were deleted and not recorded due to the Cloud patch, however this is wrong! Apathy made sure to record every replay sent to him before the patch! This means we're still in business baby!

So we're going to make a deadline for submissions. The clip submission deadline will be February 15th, 2016. To submit your replays PLEASE send them to apathy's nnid: apathy95

Try not to spam him, and submit clips you believe are good enough. Also, it helps a lot if you title your clip something descriptive so it is easier to know which replays are which.

Thank you, and keep sending those replays!

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Rest assured I got all the clips recorded from those of you who submitted, and I can go back and grab the gyfcats and videos left easily. I just stopped editing since I thought there wasn't much of an interest in the video anymore.

New Year, fresh start. I'm pretty encouraged to do work on this video.

Hello DK players! So a lot of you have probably seen my previous thread here: http://smashboards.com/threads/putt...hlight-video-need-clips-from-you-guys.420228/

Basically, we are trying to put together a DK highlight video by the DK community. A lot of you have had concerns that the previous replays sent were deleted and not recorded due to the Cloud patch, however this is wrong! Apathy made sure to record every replay sent to him before the patch! This means we're still in business baby!

So we're going to make a deadline for submissions. The clip submission deadline will be February 15th, 2016. To submit your replays PLEASE send them to apathy's nnid: apathy95

Try not to spam him, and submit clips you believe are good enough. Also, it helps a lot if you title your clip something descriptive so it is easier to know which replays are which.

Thank you, and keep sending those replays!
Don't forget I still need some sexy canadian blue kong in the video, whether it's doubles or not :yeahboi:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Update #1. So I'm sick, caught some kind of cold, but I'm gonna try my best to get an unlisted copy of the first thirty seconds in a couple days. The intro is looking very good, much better then the first thirty seconds of BFS1. While I know there are a lot of people actively getting clips or just ghosting this thread, all I ask is you guys try your best to prevent this thread from getting buried.

When I upload this unlisted copy I need feedback from you guys as far as editing goes. I don't think it's anywhere close to overedited, but if you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear it.

Keep in mind the music is electronic, it's far easier for syncs, I know we all can listen to the DKC2 soundtrack all day but remixes of stickerbrush symphony just don't work as far as editing goes, trust me, I tried. It might *sound* amazing, but it doesn't always compliment clips, if you have any doubts on music not being DK related I highly encourage you guys to watch "Get Hit, Don't Care," which is probably the best Brawl DK combo video, the music is not DK related at all.

The font I'm using is Bebas Neue, though I'm probably going to overlay each Kong klip with your tag, so it might be helpful to give me a tag you run if it's not obvious in your SB username.

Eh, that's everything so far. I've Konfirmed even more clips I got in reddit messages, SB messages, etc. The running total of Kongs has gone up even more! Very excited to work with you guys.

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So I would love to be involved with the editing.
I feel like I can provide decent advice.
Question, what are you using to edit this?
Feel free to PM me the file of your progress anytime :)

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
So I would love to be involved with the editing.
I feel like I can provide decent advice.
Question, what are you using to edit this?
Feel free to PM me the file of your progress anytime :)
Sony Vegas, Premiere, maybe SFM and After Effects.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Very nice! also have the smash models been ported into SFM? I know brawl stuff was but I havens really stayed up to date on anything SFM.

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Very nice! also have the smash models been ported into SFM? I know brawl stuff was but I havens really stayed up to date on anything SFM.
Unfortunately not all modesl have been ported in! Mostly the more popular humanoid characters like mario, link, and a couple others like Shulk and Falcon.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Update bump: I've gotten a lot of great submissions so far, haven't made much headway in the editing but I will be tackling it this weekend. Team combos are completely welcome.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Can we not do those staged practiced 2 vs 1 combos though?
Those are soooooo 2012. :shades:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played that much yet, but I'm trying to get into the game and I do have something that I could perhaps contribute with
https://youtu.be/JcmjwlMueYk
Starting at 14.27
Confirmed, nicely done.

I sent you a message a couple minutes back on reddit, if you can't, no pressure. I was wondering if you had a base copy of the replay. That might be the first clip in the video.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
upload_2016-1-14_21-40-53.png

This is a portion of what the very beginning of the video looks like so far.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
upload_2016-1-14_21-43-14.png

and here's the [current] music selection. If you have any doubt/concerns about the music after hearing it, that's completely fine, voice them. The reason this song was picked was because it has a lot of sync potential, especially for a character like DK.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
what aspect ratio are you going to do this in? as far as just the gameplay
Just a suggestion but I think doing a wide screen cinematic style like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwUAiirXkQA is really clean and simple effect to make the game play parts look nice.

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
what aspect ratio are you going to do this in? as far as just the gameplay
Just a suggestion but I think doing a wide screen cinematic style like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwUAiirXkQA is really clean and simple effect to make the game play parts look nice.

rendering at 1080p, though all the footage I've gotten so far isn't 1080p. I might also do that, I'm undecided though since I've gotten mixed responses when I did it in the past.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
man that makes it hard for you if people are sending you raw footage and not replays.
Cmon guys, track down those replays if they exist D:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Ill tell you what, ill start playing again just so you can get some worthy clips. I do things, swag things, you will see out of no other dk and while that sounds unbelievable once you watch some of the replays you will see for yourself. I can bet I do more swag things in one day (playing all day) than all the clips youve collected thus far. Let's not rush this until I can send some replays in, I dont even have my wii u with me and it will be at least a week before I can get it and even longer until I can play enough to get those rich, never seen before moves in real games.

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Ill tell you what, ill start playing again just so you can get some worthy clips. I do things, swag things, you will see out of no other dk and while that sounds unbelievable once you watch some of the replays you will see for yourself. I can bet I do more swag things in one day (playing all day) than all the clips youve collected thus far. Let's not rush this until I can send some replays in, I dont even have my wii u with me and it will be at least a week before I can get it and even longer until I can play enough to get those rich, never seen before moves in real games.

Sounds cool bro.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
While you guys seem to think team combos don't work, there is a pretty big portion of the song that a team combo can fit in. Even if we don't use any team combos, I won't discourage people from sending them, whether they are set up or not set up.

I just got a ton of the clips you guys sent via wii u, I've been without decent wii u connectible internet for about two weeks, so watching them now!

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
Friendly reminder I'm still alive and taking clips until the 21st of Feb. We are short about one minute of footage by my estimates, though with what I have we could maybe make it work. If you would really like to be in the video, you have 11 days left to submit.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
No promises but the video might be done within a week or even a couple days- I want this to be as good as possible:

So far the person with the most single entries will probably be DKBill or Riot

If you have any footage you need to submit: this is the final warning to submit it now or you won't make it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom