• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Bi-Weeklies

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Just like the ike forums, I believe we should have bi-weekly tournaments by us dk mains, and even other people who like to use dk.

Link to original ike bi-weekly: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277329

basically myself and hopefully some others can organize a bracket for dk tournies. this will show other dk's some new trick etc. and get you a bit of practice. how it works basically is like this:

[collapse=~ Example Set ~]Set: Foo vs Bar

Foo strikes Final Destination --->-- Bar strikes Yoshi's Island and Halberd --->-- Foo strikes Smashville

Match 1: Foo :dk2: vs :dk2: Bar on Battlefield
-------------- Winner

Foo selects a secondary character (:ike:) and announces it to Bar --->-- Foo bans Lylat Cruise --->-- Bar counter-picks Delfino Plaza

Match 2: Foo :ike: vs :dk2: Bar on Delfino Plaza
------------------------------- Winner

Bar selects a secondary character (:warioc:) and announces it to Foo --->-- Bar bans Final Destination --->-- Foo counter-picks Halberd

Match 3: Foo :dk2: vs :warioc: Bar on Halberd
-------------- Winner

Foo wins the set 2 to 1
[/collapse]

ideally, the loser stays dk while the winner picks a secondary. this way it is forcing the dk to learn new matchups against other players. there is no real set date for the first tournament (If this idea works out) but I'm sure we can agree to something. so yea, this was just a brief explanation of what I plan to do. Look at the link I posted earlier if you want to get a better understanding of how this works.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Ban ddd, olimar, mk and diddy and I'd be fine with this. Those matchups are too frustrating online to actually learn anything most of the time.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to do this.
sweet!
Ban ddd, olimar, mk and diddy and I'd be fine with this. Those matchups are too frustrating online to actually learn anything most of the time.
I mean, It's all up to if we get enough people. if this actually happens we could probably get a ruleset going. (most likely apex rules with like the extra bans) i just gotta get enough people to be willing to do it

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
why should you actualy ban diddy he isn't to hard for dk right?

I think it's a -2 for dk but that is managable.

not that diddy is good on wifi.

Top Bottom